Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 02:26:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to Buy miners?  (Read 1090 times)
Explas (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:06:09 AM

Hello, I've found one website getminer_com (sorry for advertisment) they are selling miners and as they say they have purchased them a lot and just re-selling them, so my question is: can i trust them? or this is a SCAM? Maybe some1 have tried to buy something from them?

Thanks!
CryptoCurrencyMiners

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:14:00 AM

We are building custom machines for mining litecoin, but we won't be able to have them in anyone's hands until May 15th. If you're interested just shoot me a PM, we don't charge much more than the cost of parts, and our top of the line machine hashes around 3000 kh/s for mining litecoin.

Lazer Engraved Crypto Cards IN STOCK! http://Crypto-Cards.com  Customers Come FIRST! 100% Transparency!
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 12:14:42 AM

They have bfl and  miners available before bfl does... amazing.
Fife

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:41:47 AM

I wouldn't trust em'

For Bitcoin you should probably look into ASIC's from Avalon or BFL if you think you can trust them.

For Litecoin and other LTC clones like Feathercoin you can build yourself a simple rig that has a few GPU's and they will run very well. The difficulty for these coins is going up because of ASIC's taking over Bitcoin making it impossible for GPU miners and they are coming to these coins.
greenie214

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:08:27 AM

BFL are now shipping so if you order now you can get 5 mhash for 30W by july
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:09:44 AM

You have 3 options:

1. Build your own GPU miner
2. Order from BFL or Avalon if you believe either will ship new units before they turn into paper weights
3. Buy someone else's pre-order and pay a ridiculous premium and likely get scammed.

If you are willing to pay, I have a early April BFL Jalapeno I could sell but likely won't since they now seem to be shipping.
Explas (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:51:43 AM

I would like to buy that 5GH/s miner with additional power supply Jalapeno v2 version dont know how to call it, that bigger one. for some smart price not paying 700$ on eBay..
Explas (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:55:19 AM

you see... I'm not interested in GPU mining, because it's slow and uses way more electricity than miner's does so I think it would be better to invest into miner than into GPU.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:05:55 PM

There is a SCAM topic on this board somewhere that is growing as and when new mining companies are created. BFL per order customers should be rewarded with some first mover profit, but that will decrease in an inverse exponential fashion as the market becomes swamped. Genuine competitors to BFL will become prevalent in a short period. BFL doubling it's prices now makes investment/reward in their products unattractive and debatable (especially with the new power consumption targets) as to whether (unless there is a substantial increase in bitcoin value) there will be a genuine ROI on new orders...

I'm incline to now wait for a strong and more affordable competitor or mine litecoin a with a GPU rig...at least that has resale value once no longer profitable for mining, plus you can operate it as part of your computer!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
hobbymd

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:08:59 PM

I would like to buy that 5GH/s miner with additional power supply Jalapeno v2 version dont know how to call it, that bigger one. for some smart price not paying 700$ on eBay..

coffee cup warmer Roll Eyes
Explas (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:16:07 PM

coffee cup warmer Roll Eyes

coffee cup warmer sux I need the newer version of it Wink
paszczakojad

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:50:30 PM

BFL are now shipping so if you order now you can get 5 mhash for 30W by july

Are they really shipping? They promise to ship by end of April...
tsm13

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:41:43 PM

We are building custom machines for mining litecoin, but we won't be able to have them in anyone's hands until May 15th. If you're interested just shoot me a PM, we don't charge much more than the cost of parts, and our top of the line machine hashes around 3000 kh/s for mining litecoin.

Might have this wrong but doesn't 3000 kh/s = 3 Mh/s?
Aahzman

Activity: 602

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:46:01 PM

wow, that is quite the scam site you found, OP.

I just chatted with an "Amy". They are apparently selling their pre-order spots in the queue. You have to dig a little bit into their Delivery info and Terms & Conditions to discover that, though.

Smells like Scam Spirit to me. Run, don't walk, away from GetMiner.

Aahzman

Activity: 602

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:47:23 PM

Might have this wrong but doesn't 3000 kh/s = 3 Mh/s?

LTC mining is rated in kHash/sec for casual mining...kHash/sec for LTC is roughly equivalent to the mHash/sec rating for BTC mining. Ie, i get around 200mHash/sec out of my GPU for BTC mining, but i get 200kHash/sec out of it mining LTC using Scrypt.

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 06:04:59 PM

The only companies that I know of (via research) that are actually/partially/almost ready to ship asic miners are:

ButterFly Labs: taking pre-orders, not quite yet shipping but did send a dev machine to David Perry who put up a video of the 5GH/s device.

AsicMiner: selling shares of themselves plus considering selling devices

Avalon: Only company that I know of that has actually shipped an Asic based miner.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Explas (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:44:44 PM

The only companies that I know of (via research) that are actually/partially/almost ready to ship asic miners are:

ButterFly Labs: taking pre-orders, not quite yet shipping but did send a dev machine to David Perry who put up a video of the 5GH/s device.

AsicMiner: selling shares of themselves plus considering selling devices

Avalon: Only company that I know of that has actually shipped an Asic based miner.
yea, but they are overpriced for Bitminer starter Sad
Explas (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:55:20 PM

but if this web makes a pre-order maybe they will get some one day..
boingy45

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:59:47 PM

Most Sites Are Scams
Explas (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:31:14 AM

Then where I can get a miner earlier than July?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: