Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:38:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's price is so volatile right now! Why should I even hold?  (Read 57638 times)
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:29:49 PM

With the price of Bitcoin being so volatile should we ever consider buying or even holding if we have bitcoins?

What are your thoughts??? What should we do??

As it stands today at this moment, the Bitcoin volatility index reads:
4.57% the latest 30-day volatility estimate
3.54% the latest 60-day volatility estimate

The bitcoin volatility index for present day can be seen at: https://btcvol.info/

My opinion of bitcoin longterm can be investigated here in this post titled "Hacks & puppets & forks - how to destroy bitcoin": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1834310.0
You got your answer just after a few months bitcoin earned 70% in value in just the month of May, if that is not reason enough to hold and take the risks then I do not know what could make you hold, if you are in it for the profits bitcoin is simply one of the best investments.

But we also need to remember one thing that if a product can go up 70% in a single month then it also can go down even faster. So it is a good thing to book some of your profit now and then and continue holding some of your coins. Since markets are so volatile we may get buying opportunities at the lower price again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:30:32 AM

I think if bitcoin prices soar, we have to sell it, and if the bitcoin price decreases we buy bitcoin
That's the basic thing you have to do, if you are willing to take risk it will give you a good return, buy low and sell high are the principle in trading but only you can tell when is the right timing because we are the one doing our research. Normally when there is a dump I consider that as low and when pump happens that is high for me, there is no exact figure actually because we are just making decision based on our prediction.

radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:30:31 PM

In a situation like this the price does tend to go up, As much as possible we should be able to take advantage of the condition of bitcoin prices like now because with this price we can buy a lot of bitcoin and not to rush to sell it back we must be patient to hold until the price back peaked.
worldmobilecoin

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

World Mobile Coin

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 05:00:42 PM

With the price of Bitcoin being so volatile should we ever consider buying or even holding if we have bitcoins?

The bitcoin volatility index for present day can be seen at: https://btcvol.info/

My opinion of bitcoin longterm can be investigated here in this post titled "Hacks & puppets & forks - how to destroy bitcoin": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1834310.0

Just hold it. This is saving not trading. Ignore the volatility indicator. Accurate indicator never exist. Learn from past.

WMCC: wc1qcl3qeqkjamt8m7ass0weu9ep6s8se722y553jm
BTC: 1N1ZM9xCzHtn8mD4a4JYUm7bC5T54CBDmD
ETH: 0x6145e253196C7a7CEDDA1797B69E2ba67Fe3219b
BCH: 18CW3B95oTtW5MYG7GAs8isABA4TeNntWA
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 07:16:03 PM

I think if bitcoin prices soar, we have to sell it, and if the bitcoin price decreases we buy bitcoin
That's the basic thing you have to do, if you are willing to take risk it will give you a good return, buy low and sell high are the principle in trading but only you can tell when is the right timing because we are the one doing our research. Normally when there is a dump I consider that as low and when pump happens that is high for me, there is no exact figure actually because we are just making decision based on our prediction.
For a strong bitcoin believer, it is not at all recommended to go for selling and buying back. Because I have seen many people are crying out for missing out some big price movements like how bitcoin done in last four months.

When bitcoin was trading around $1400 price levels, some people who have sold some of their bitcoin for the intention of buying back around $900, are got traped when bitcoin prices jumping toward $2000. They all have missed some big price streaks of more than $500.
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:14:43 AM

Bitcoin’s price have risen which gives happiness to those who have saved bitcoin for a long time. It is an opportunity to withdraw it but we know that the bitcoin’s price is continuously fluctuating these days. Its price might get higher in the following these days or the other way around.

Holding it will depend on your choice. You can withdraw it today and enjoy the sudden rise of bitcoin’s price or you can still keep it and saved it. Saving bitcoin is a an investment for the future anyway.

AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:53:29 AM

For a strong bitcoin believer, it is not at all recommended to go for selling and buying back. Because I have seen many people are crying out for missing out some big price movements like how bitcoin done in last four months.

When bitcoin was trading around $1400 price levels, some people who have sold some of their bitcoin for the intention of buying back around $900, are got traped when bitcoin prices jumping toward $2000. They all have missed some big price streaks of more than $500.
This way people will keep on holding bitcoin for like forever in the greed of more profit. What I do is after making good profit, I sell like 30-40% of my bitcoin and keep on holding the other part. Meanwhile I do earn more instead of buying. This way I get occasional profit and it's not like my money will stay stuck in bitcoin forever for more and more profit as bitcoin will keep on increasing as for now.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:05:36 AM

well just like AK47- said, your best bet would be selling a portion of your btc once the price goes high enough for you to profit and I'd keep that portion higher than 30% but lower than 55% so you always keep the majority  of the coins you own in case something happens.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
farhaan

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:07:56 PM

Only new comers who don't have a clear knowledge about bitcoin would only ask this question.If you see the price history of bitcoin,you could clearly find that bitcoin has steadily increased in price from time to time.Early adopters of bitcoin would never think of selling their bitcoins and they would just hold it irrespective of market situations.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:24:59 PM

Only new comers who don't have a clear knowledge about bitcoin would only ask this question.If you see the price history of bitcoin,you could clearly find that bitcoin has steadily increased in price from time to time.Early adopters of bitcoin would never think of selling their bitcoins and they would just hold it irrespective of market situations.

Also if you read some threads especially those who are in the bitcoin world years ago regretted that they didn't hold the coins though there are some lucky ones who forgot that they have some bitcoin in their wallets years ago and came back finding out that the value has increase hundred folds. Truly, bitcoin's price has been increasing every year and so in the upcoming years especially now that the price of bitcoin as been stable then its time to buy and wait for the pump made by left and right acceptance of bitcoin and its developments coming right up.
ppc.pt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:25:38 PM

BTC volatile ? Don't go for alt coins then...

What's wrong with holding through volatility. If you really believe in a project, even if it goes to zero you shouldn't be worried...
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:36:09 PM

BTC volatile ? Don't go for alt coins then...

What's wrong with holding through volatility. If you really believe in a project, even if it goes to zero you shouldn't be worried...
You sounds like you are a true lover of bitcoin ecosystem. You must be right and bitcoin has no reasons to reach zero value hence you can continue your holding more confidently for your better future. I am suggesting you to add more bitcoins time to time to ensure you will be having more chances of becoming rich in possible quicker time.

When we believing into an investment type then we never need to bother the volatility. In particular about bitcoin prices, it will bounce back from any deep corrections too. So, never need to worry about volatility.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:36:45 PM

Lately the price of bitcoin has decreased even for the price increase is also more slowly than ever before that can rise quickly, This all happens either from market demand or reduced investors or other things that affect market prices.
bouren

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:29:47 PM

Lately the price of bitcoin has decreased even for the price increase is also more slowly than ever before that can rise quickly, This all happens either from market demand or reduced investors or other things that affect market prices.

Are you sure because I could see $2500 plus which is all good for bitcoin. You said btc increasing slowly now as when compared to past. My friend, increase from 2,000 to 2,800 in few hours is not considered as valid increase. It was just a result of speculative activities. Else bitcoin now recovered from $2000 to $2500 in a week time which is enough to show its potential and real growth.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:16:31 AM

This mindset in trading is mainly for day traders and i don't think there's anything wrong because you're vasically correct. You can easily earn 4 to 5 percent every other day. Though for me, we'd really never know if the price would sky rocket again immediately so i agree with what you said but i prefer keeping my btcs

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 06:49:53 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 07:13:38 AM by deisik

Are you sure because I could see $2500 plus which is all good for bitcoin. You said btc increasing slowly now as when compared to past. My friend, increase from 2,000 to 2,800 in few hours is not considered as valid increase. It was just a result of speculative activities. Else bitcoin now recovered from $2000 to $2500 in a week time which is enough to show its potential and real growth

Obviously, it all depends

For example, if right before that Bitcoin crashed from 2,800 down to 2,000 dollars per coin and then rebounded, I would rather say that it was crash itself that hadn't been legit in the first place, and price just jumped back where it should be. Apart from that, there can be numerous reasons why such rallies can be perfectly justifiable ("legit"). For example, some major country (say, the US) declares Bitcoin as legal tender (i.e. you can pay taxes with it), and, as to me, the price would skyrocket to the moon in less than half a jiffy (and in a few hours it will touch the sun itself)

jameshowlett

Activity: 338

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:44:22 AM

Because many people have proved that the prices of bitcoin always go up even it is volatile. If you are a good trader, you can buy and sell your bitcoin at the right time and you can earn some extra bitcoin from that activity

bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:39:10 AM

You got your answer just after a few months bitcoin earned 70% in value in just the month of May, if that is not reason enough to hold and take the risks then I do not know what could make you hold, if you are in it for the profits bitcoin is simply one of the best investments.

But we also need to remember one thing that if a product can go up 70% in a single month then it also can go down even faster. So it is a good thing to book some of your profit now and then and continue holding some of your coins. Since markets are so volatile we may get buying opportunities at the lower price again.
Well, you are right but at the same time the correction that came did not return the price to the starting price, so for those that like to trade they could have sold at the top and then buy again at the lowest price but for most, they just hold and are happy ho keep holding and doing nothing else.
Kray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:49:21 AM

it depend to your faith with bitcoin, your instinct and also your need, for me, i believe bitcoin will hit highest price and i can press my need
Lumada

Activity: 520

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:49:51 PM

it depend to your faith with bitcoin, your instinct and also your need, for me, i believe bitcoin will hit highest price and i can press my need

I believe also that btc value will really pump again, id been see it's value before and i see that it really works.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: