Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:44:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Copy-Paste Virus For Bitcoin Users -- Beware!!!  (Read 6706 times)
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 01:10:34 AM

I've read about this virus before, I think it was around late last year. And somewhere in technical support.

Good thing I also double-triple check my addresses, especially after I read about the virus, I'd sometimes end up spending several minutes on the addresses alone.  Grin

Anyway, as long as you got good antivirus/antimalware and you're always careful with your transactions, then it should be fine.

Frankly, I don't get people who don't bother to check their addresses or even their fees. I'd rather spend a few extra seconds/minutes than lose my BTC.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 02:38:49 AM

This virus isn't new,it has existed since the early days of bitcoin on the darknet and other hack forums.
Virus or not,it's always a good practice to double check the bitcoin address you're sending coins to.
You can  buy off that code from any hack forums,it's sold openly.
Use linux for bitcoin,makes your stuff secure by 80%

This virus can be scary for people who do not have the habit of double checking the Bitcoin address they want to send to. As for me, I always check three times if things are correct before I click the send button just to make sure I could never be a victim either of my own mistake or that of the virus problem. A month I was wondering how could this thing can happen because I have a problem who posted of the same problem...he lost his small hoard of Bitcoin because of this virus. We really have to be careful as this can never be the last time that this virus can create some menace.
glitterprince

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:05:49 AM

Recently There's a Virus I am victim of it and some of my friends, clients etc are affected too. This is called Copy-Paste Virus.
Please be careful while you paste a BTC address or Copy an Address.

The virus works like-- You copied a BTC address to send and while you paste it, It changed to other address and the funds sends to other account.

http://s8.postimg.org/pxq8qv1k5/screenshot_23.png

thank u for this information i will be very careful

i use online scanner but does anyone see this detected by definition at yet?
steampunkz

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:51:04 AM

I had this virus a past month ago, When you copy your btc address and paste it. It will change to another btc address. I searched on how to remove that virus, But sadly the only  cure is to format your pc or laptop. Even anti virus cant delete that virus or malware.  But I didn't format my pc because. Reformatting is restarting all over again your Installation, your works, all the important files. I just separately copy my btc address in part by part so it works. And after a week the malware or virus stops had errors on its file i think.  Just scan your computer or laptop everyday to prevent getting virus or malwares.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:03:16 AM

Recently There's a Virus I am victim of it and some of my friends, clients etc are affected too. This is called Copy-Paste Virus.

The virus works like-- You copied a BTC address to send and while you paste it, It changed to other address and the funds sends to other account.

Copy paste virus was actually started as a bug towards gambling sites wherein when a user makes a withdrawal the address he pasted changes to another bitcoin address that of the hacker or creator of the bug. Then later on the cases moved on to the web wallets since the bug evolved and eventually almost all bitcoin address were affected by the virus if you have that in your pc. That is the reason also why we in our group after one of our friends have been a victim started to be cautious of btc address and double checks it before sending.
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:34:29 AM

Copy paste virus was actually started as a bug towards gambling sites wherein when a user makes a withdrawal the address he pasted changes to another bitcoin address that of the hacker or creator of the bug. Then later on the cases moved on to the web wallets since the bug evolved and eventually almost all bitcoin address were affected by the virus if you have that in your pc. That is the reason also why we in our group after one of our friends have been a victim started to be cautious of btc address and double checks it before sending.

Never knew something like this is there even after doing so many transactions for so many years now. Thank you for sharing your experience and letting us know. Will be double checking all the addresses before putting in from now.
Conasse

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Culotte Jaune Officielle

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:12:16 AM

I got this once, sometime ago, not sure how i got it, but as i was using a VM, I just deleted it and installed a new one Lips sealed

Bouffe ma chatte, pas la planète!
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 12:23:06 PM

The virus is very dangerous for bitcoin users, it will automatically change your bitcoin address and cause you to lose all your money when you take a copy-paste action. It is a threat that we all need to stay away from. However, this does not happen at random, the virus infiltrates from dirty web pages and applications, and the virus giver to your device is none other than you. It is you who caused the danger. So, you need to check and make sure that what you do is right, and never use unacknowledged applications.
Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:40:28 PM

My friend's laptop was also affected by the virus to copy-paste, My friend yesterday transaction with me after the copy address wallet that was different from what is on the clipboard.

bitcoin result we missing
 Sad Sad Sad

I recommend to be careful when going to transact, always check your wallet addresses whether the same or different.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 07:44:45 AM

My friend's laptop was also affected by the virus to copy-paste, My friend yesterday transaction with me after the copy address wallet that was different from what is on the clipboard.

bitcoin result we missing
 Sad Sad Sad

I recommend to be careful when going to transact, always check your wallet addresses whether the same or different.

The network has been very fast lately so a double spend attack is getting much harder to pull off, but if you were to notice that the transaction you just sent went to a different then you could try quickly double spend the transaction with a much higher fee back to one of your own addresses, a long shot even when the network has a backlog but anything is worth a try to try out smart the scammers.

kilid

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:16:11 PM

http://s8.postimg.org/pxq8qv1k5/screenshot_23.png

yes I just lost 1 BTC this virus comes from NICEHASH
alexsamudra

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:32:52 PM

Well there's a virus also in bitcoin whether it's been there since the beginning of bitcoin in darknet and other hack forums.
What to buy code so that I do not get the virus and guarantee its security up to 99%.
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 04:42:09 PM

This is the first time I heard of that.  It is good to have you posted about the virus here in the forum.  This way we will be aware that there is a possibility that the bitcoin address will be changed if we our machine is infected by that virus.  How can we remove this virus if we are infected btw?
sergio red

Activity: 414
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:54:54 PM

That's the first time I hear of such kind of computer virus. Thank you for the information, from now I will check the addresses where I send Bitcoin and other money carefully.
I heard also its first time such type of peculiar computer virus, I love the way,  where share and learning process existing..that's the spirit. So we have to be more careful about sending address. But it has to be fixed, because many of bitcoin user don't have any idea about it..
moooonu

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:23:10 PM

Every time hackers get a way to get into your pc and try to do some malicious dirty work and try to rob people from all around the world in each possible way. Always keep your antivirus updated to ensure you are getting best security possible for your computer.
jonpande

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:20:32 PM

I also experienced this on my laptop, although only 0.01 total losses. but from the events, I learned to be more careful and always checks resetting to 3 times the wallet address we want to transfer funds.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:55:32 PM

Every time hackers get a way to get into your pc and try to do some malicious dirty work and try to rob people from all around the world in each possible way. Always keep your antivirus updated to ensure you are getting best security possible for your computer.
It is a java script based virus and the only way to get infected is when you visit a rogue website and that it could inject that virus,so always make sure that the sites you visit are legit and if you are using a good anti virus and antimalware  along with a good firewall you could be safe from these sort of attacks and make sure you use legit softwares and not pirated ones.
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:59:49 PM

Wow, that is actually pretty clever. I imagine most people wouldn't even notice the address changing when pasting. A serious malware right there.
Some of you say to use Linux because it's safer, for me myself the main reason I don't use Linux is because of games. Also Skype which I use daily (Skype for Linux is seriously outdated).
You cannot escape from these viruses even if you are using Linux based operating system and the only solution is to have an updated antivirus software ,it is not a new virus and it was frustrating people for a long time and now hackers have found a way to change the wallet address provided and they are targeting least secured machines.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:27:01 PM

Wow, that is actually pretty clever. I imagine most people wouldn't even notice the address changing when pasting. A serious malware right there.
Some of you say to use Linux because it's safer, for me myself the main reason I don't use Linux is because of games. Also Skype which I use daily (Skype for Linux is seriously outdated).
You cannot escape from these viruses even if you are using Linux based operating system and the only solution is to have an updated antivirus software ,it is not a new virus and it was frustrating people for a long time and now hackers have found a way to change the wallet address provided and they are targeting least secured machines.

Hardware wallets do a lot to mitigate this, my KeepKey shows the address multiple times during the transaction process. I've just gotten used to checking the address on the source page and the address on the KeepKey. It's one of the drawbacks of bitcoin; the level of security required to maintain a wallet with any decent amount of funds is beyond the average consumer.
coinfast

Activity: 508
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:32:41 PM

I also experienced this on my laptop, although only 0.01 total losses. but from the events, I learned to be more careful and always checks resetting to 3 times the wallet address we want to transfer funds.

This virus also ever attacks my laptop because I Download software which are offering you free Bitcoins and I need to reinstall windows just to remove the virus. My advice you don't Download any software which are offering you free Bitcoins as this are all hacking.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: