Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:34:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ASIC STATUS Shipped  (Read 11374 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:23:25 AM

lol so BFL finally is delivering bait and switch products now 7 months late.

Go for it and pat yourselves on the back BFL. LOL Big Fucking Liars.

anyone who paid with BTC in June 2012 for the MiniRig could have had $560,000 instead today had they just held BTC.

BFL has reamed their customers despite shipping "A" product that missed power specs by multiple factors and late by 6+ months.

so fail...but bask in your glory of goating BFL supporters lol. You know who you are. ROFL!

"YES WE FINALLY GET OUR PREORDERS, WHO CARES THAT WHAT I SENT BFL COULD HAVE NETTED ME MORE THAN HALF A MILLION DOLLARS, I GET LOST OPPORTUNITY COST + BFL SHINY BRANDING TO MAKE IT UP"

Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:26:10 AM

You left out the most important component: the Jalapeno is 6 months late. You could have mined 50 BTC in that time with 5GH/s.

Have you not heard the expression "better late than never"

A friend of mine bought a one bedroom apartment as an investment "off the plan" ie. when it was still a vacant block. He forked out hundreds of thousands of dollars sight unseen, the builders used the money to build the apparent block as expected,projected timelines were missed, it took years, but eventually it was completed, so he was happy. He could have argued that he missed out on rent for all that period it was being built. This is a pretty normal situation when you pre-order something that hasn't been built yet.

sunblaster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:32:11 AM

Quote from: inaba
 It will be Valve time from here on out if I have my way.

Funny but Valve time is not exactly a positive indicator:

Valve Time: The expanded time Valve uses when talking about anything that will involve them working. Like a new york minute, but in reverse. The conversion factor is approximately 2-6 times whatever the stated interval is.

So its official take whatever time was announced and multiply it by 2 to 6 times.  Grin
witherworth

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:40:55 AM

Pics or it didn't happen (and not pics by BFL).
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:41:14 AM

What about my 60 gigahash single ?

Are the people who bought singles and little singes going to have wait forever?

^ +1

sunblaster

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:42:57 AM

anyone who paid with BTC in June 2012 for the MiniRig could have had $560,000 instead today had they just held BTC.

Hang on, minirig is doesn't exist yet, last announced was case redesign for a single, then the is the big single then the minirig. I would guess minirig prototype is 4-6 months away, so by then it could be $1million dollars!
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:45:08 AM

You left out the most important component: the Jalapeno is 6 months late. You could have mined 50 BTC in that time with 5GH/s.

Have you not heard the expression "better late than never"
Yep. It is indeed better than never.

A friend of mine bought a one bedroom apartment as an investment "off the plan" ie. when it was still a vacant block. He forked out hundreds of thousands of dollars sight unseen, the builders used the money to build the apparent block as expected,projected timelines were missed, it took years, but eventually it was completed, so he was happy. He could have argued that he missed out on rent for all that period it was being built. This is a pretty normal situation when you pre-order something that hasn't been built yet.

If he was going to rent out the apartment, then he did indeed miss out quite a lot of money. Years of revenue lost.
I hope your friend doesn't get ripped off like that again.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:56:30 AM

I bought a house, off the plan, when it was still a vacant block of land.  It was built and completed 2 months ahead of schedule.

Your friend who bought an apartment off the plan reminds me of my friend who signed up years ago to build a block of apartments through a spruiking/high pressure sales company.  They were offering to pay my friend 20% interest on money they borrowed from him and to give him a discount on an apartment.  I asked 'why doesn't the builder just go to a bank and get money much cheaper?'  *crickets*  My friend has remained very silent about the deal ever since.  I suspect the whole project fell over and my friend lost all his money. 

That's the risk one takes when preordering a product that doesn't exist yet.  Heck, if BFL fell over before my order was shipped there is nothing I can do about it.  PayPal doesn't care, BFL is in a different country and just filing papers in US courts would cost more than my order ever did.
n4ru

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:46:24 AM

They shipped 6 units of an bait-and-switch inferior product, 6 months late, that is at least 10 times weaker than other products that have already made it to market.

The only people who will even potentially make their money back will be the first people to receive these devices.
erk

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:15:06 AM

I bought a house, off the plan, when it was still a vacant block of land.  It was built and completed 2 months ahead of schedule.

Your friend who bought an apartment off the plan reminds me of my friend who signed up years ago to build a block of apartments through a spruiking/high pressure sales company.  They were offering to pay my friend 20% interest on money they borrowed from him and to give him a discount on an apartment.  I asked 'why doesn't the builder just go to a bank and get money much cheaper?'  *crickets*  My friend has remained very silent about the deal ever since.  I suspect the whole project fell over and my friend lost all his money. 

That's the risk one takes when preordering a product that doesn't exist yet.  Heck, if BFL fell over before my order was shipped there is nothing I can do about it.  PayPal doesn't care, BFL is in a different country and just filing papers in US courts would cost more than my order ever did.

Typically what happens in the case of an apparentness block, the developers don't get sales as fast as they predicted, to be assured of the funds to start the project, so they wait for more sales until they have enough to feel comfortable to proceed. This is common across all sorts of industries, not just dwellings. If you have a contract that includes performance clauses then you might have some recourse for compensation, however I don't see anything like that for pre-ordering bits of electronics.

samurai1200

Activity: 303

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:24:12 AM

No risk, no reward.

Smoothie, why are you being so cruel to BFL customers? Was everyone screaming bloody murder that BFL was going to be 7 months late on their delivery when they were accepting BTC preorders? Everyone putting any money into any mining venture is taking a risk. Sometimes those risks don't reap rewards.

disclaimer: i haven't put any BTC into any of my mining-related activities, except maybe some stuff from cablesaurus.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 05:45:51 AM

BFL has reamed their customers despite shipping "A" product that missed power specs by multiple factors and late by 6+ months.

so fail...but bask in your glory of goating BFL supporters lol. You know who you are. ROFL!

"YES WE FINALLY GET OUR PREORDERS, WHO CARES THAT WHAT I SENT BFL COULD HAVE NETTED ME MORE THAN HALF A MILLION DOLLARS, I GET LOST OPPORTUNITY COST + BFL SHINY BRANDING TO MAKE IT UP"

Grin Grin Grin

God you like to rub salt in wound .. most of us invested money in a product that is very late ---
when you make a decision some time it's good and some times it bad .  a bit like mining
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

1, 2, 3 ... 400! Yep, I count 400 per day as Josh said  Wink

Hope they change the packing to something more "neutral" - otherwise those money machines will "get lost" in post offices like crazy.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:04:19 AM

Grin Grin Grin

God you like to rub salt in wound .. most of us invested money in a product that is very late ---
when you make a decision some time it's good and some times it bad .  a bit like mining

Sending money to a company 5 months in advance with no due diligence (research into the feasibility of BFL being able to deliver devices like 1.5TH/s in the size of the mini rig case) is something a retarded person would do.

Most people that bought BFL preorders in June 2012 threw money at BFL without question the same day the announcement went out about their supposed products and specs.

So no, this wasn't tough to see that this "investment" was fucking stupid.

Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

erk

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:10:36 AM

Sending money to a company 5 months in advance with no due diligence (research into the feasibility of BFL being able to deliver devices like 1.5TH/s in the size of the mini rig case) is something a retarded person would do.

Most people that bought BFL preorders in June 2012 threw money at BFL without question the same day the announcement went out about their supposed products and specs.

Cheesy
If you pay attention to the BFL order numbers and dates people have quoted in these forums, you would have seen that most people actually ordered between Feb and April, not the time period you claim.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:26:34 AM

Cheesy
If you pay attention to the BFL order numbers and dates people have quoted in these forums, you would have seen that most people actually ordered between Feb and April, not the time period you claim.

If you actually paid any attention you would know I wasn't referencing those suckers. Fail harder please.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy LOL!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Joshster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:01:18 AM

I got a feeling if they keep shipping in those boxes some of them will get stolen.
batman, not crabman

Activity: 131

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:06:45 AM

NOOOoooo.....

I don't have my Avalon yet!

Tongue

A horse walks into a bar and the barman says "Give me some Bitcoin!"
17TDYWdeL3GU2fsMSpV7itLYS2UJ91dCDx
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:06:53 AM

I got a feeling if they keep shipping in those boxes some of them will get stolen.

+1 Shh don't tell them this. They may actually figure this out.

LOL

Making it obvious what they are shipping, is utterly stupid.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:09:08 AM

BFL Single SC Leaked Photo

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████