Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:14:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zebpay Hard Fork Question  (Read 1189 times)
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 12:01:26 PM

I have my bitcoin in Zebpay wallet .What will happen to them if hard fork happens? I have only small amount and need them handy for some quick transactions so I dont keep them anywhere else.
Where should I move them before fork?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blackshadow007

Activity: 787
Merit: 276

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 12:03:46 PM

Convert them to FIAT balance ? i guess FIAT balance will not be effected if any downfall happens during this Hard Fork thing .. don't know may be i am wrong .. but i use CS and i always keep balance as FIAT as BTC price having ups and down a lot lately .

btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 12:07:51 PM

Convert them to FIAT balance ? i guess FIAT balance will not be effected if any downfall happens during this Hard Fork thing .. don't know may be i am wrong .. but i use CS and i always keep balance as FIAT as BTC price having ups and down a lot lately .
I dont want to convert them to fiat at current price.I believe chances of hard fork is negligible and btc price will shoot up once this issue is over.
But in some very unlikely situation that hard fork happens, then I would prefer to have both btc and bu.
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 12:08:03 PM

Check this out: https://blog.zebpay.com/zebpay-users-and-bitcoin-hard-fork-391ace22e256?gi=b0ce4ba438f8

I'd recommend withdrawing your Bitcoins from Zebpay to an HD wallet so you have access to your keys and you'd be able to claim your BUs in case of a hardfork. Smiley
Blackshadow007

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 02:58:01 PM

I dont want to convert them to fiat at current price.I believe chances of hard fork is negligible and btc price will shoot up once this issue is over.
But in some very unlikely situation that hard fork happens, then I would prefer to have both btc and bu.

well btc price rising now as i see .. But again its my habit to keep balance in fiat for daily to daily trade outcomes Tongue

susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 03:28:23 PM

Check this out: https://blog.zebpay.com/zebpay-users-and-bitcoin-hard-fork-391ace22e256?gi=b0ce4ba438f8

I'd recommend withdrawing your Bitcoins from Zebpay to an HD wallet so you have access to your keys and you'd be able to claim your BUs in case of a hardfork. Smiley

What you are suggesting is correct , whether you keep it in HD wallet or desktop hardware wallet like Electrum, where you can get both btc and bu coins as you will be having private keys of your wallet address. and it is always recommended not to keep bitcoins in exchanges as they are not safe as you are not in hold of your private keys for your wallet.
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

I have my bitcoin in Zebpay wallet .What will happen to them if hard fork happens? I have only small amount and need them handy for some quick transactions so I dont keep them anywhere else.
Where should I move them before fork?

Basically it depends where your wallet/coins are.

1. If you use a online wallet/service, you are locked into chain that they choose.  Your coins will be valid still but on that single new chain.

2. If you use a wallet you control, depends on what chain you connect to.  But, just using a local wallet, or a hardware wallet, at least you'll in time be able to choose a chain or other wallet provider you chose by configuration or by restoring your private key seed to a service on the chain you want to transact on.

Technically you could on both I guess if they remain forked after a while and there is not safeguards in place by exchanges/exit ramps to broadcast on both.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 07:56:50 PM

Two options straight forward:
1. Move your bitcoins from online wallets like zebpay, unocoin, etc and also from exchange wallets like from coinsecure, localbitcoin etc  TO your desktop wallet or mobile wallet or hardware wallet. Point is move your bitcoins to the wallet whose private keys will be with you.
2. Encash your bitcoins to fiat or alt-coins

DO NOT keep your bitcoins in online wallets, as if hard fork happen then online wallet will bear no responsibility of your bitcoin.
btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 08:14:58 PM

Thanks for pointing me to this.I find this interesting We have started working on supporting alt coins (that is, other crypto currencies besides bitcoin or different versions of bitcoin). So if required and if technically feasible, we will be able to support both versions of bitcoin in future..
Hardware wallet is not for me so I would prefer desktop wallet if need arises.I hope zebpay upgraded their wallet by then and I do not nee to do it
Blackshadow007

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 04:41:37 AM

1. Move your bitcoins from online wallets like zebpay, unocoin, etc and also from exchange wallets like from coinsecure, localbitcoin etc  TO your desktop wallet or mobile wallet or hardware wallet. Point is move your bitcoins to the wallet whose private keys will be with you.

DO NOT keep your bitcoins in online wallets, as if hard fork happen then online wallet will bear no responsibility of your bitcoin.

I did option 2 Tongue ; Encash to FIAT and do day to day trade .

btvGainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 10:25:24 AM

I did option 2 Tongue ; Encash to FIAT and do day to day trade .
Zebpay is not the right place for day trading.Agree that I am nor a pro trader but I doubt anyone has ever made any profit with day trading on btc.
Say you sell today at 63k now to make profit you must buy back at less than 63k or atleast at 63k.
Given high buy sell difference at Zebpay, it is not possible to buy back at your sell price soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: