Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:06:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin, the Silver to BitCoin Gold?  (Read 1575 times)
Wave87 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:30:32 AM

LiteCoin is second to that of Bitcoin. But the gap in price is still fairly substantial. I do not expect LiteCoin to ever become as valuable as BTC (or maybe) but what is the outlook for our Silver Coin?
tigerbay

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:33:50 AM

LTC is on it's way, sooner or later -
Peleus

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:40:09 AM

Sigh,

There is a difference between the usability of silver and gold.

There is no significant difference between the usability of LTC and BTC.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:39:18 AM

I don't get why LTC supporters say that because of more coins, it will target
smaller transactions. We're speaking of floating point here, you can divide a
Bitcoin up to 10^-8! I don't see the point.
I also have few LTC though, but I'm realistic about the little difference with BTC.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
CryptoCurrencyMiners

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:45:10 AM

I don't think that's a good comparison, I do however think LTC will have potential for HUGE profits.

Lazer Engraved Crypto Cards IN STOCK! http://Crypto-Cards.com  Customers Come FIRST! 100% Transparency!
compota334

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:59:21 AM

the value is not important, the important thing is the variation of the value..
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:18:58 PM

I don't think that's a good comparison, I do however think LTC will have potential for HUGE profits.

Do you mean profit in USD or in BTC?
In USD, there will be for sure, but I don't think more than with BTC. The price in dollar of the LTC and BTC seem to follow the same trend.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
blacksterchrome

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:32:15 PM

Because litecoin mainly adopt the feature of bitcoin, there's nothing too revolutionary or innovative. So, the value of litecoin will not be as high or close to bitcoins. People will still use it though.
bigvern

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 01:48:42 PM

Value depends on how a currency is adopted.   Alot of people have adopted litecoin and you can trade it at places like btc-e.com.   I only see it going up.

BigVern
litebonk.com
kingofmoon

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:49:28 PM

Because litecoin mainly adopt the feature of bitcoin, there's nothing too revolutionary or innovative. So, the value of litecoin will not be as high or close to bitcoins. People will still use it though.

You do realize that the matter of how revolutionary a currency is doesn't matter. It is how much it is used and how good it preserves its value that counts.
mj112588

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:50:56 AM

You do realize that the matter of how revolutionary a currency is doesn't matter. It is how much it is used and how good it preserves its value that counts.

This is true, and perhaps one of the saddest truths.   Diamonds are a great example, in reality what are they used for?  How many people truly need them?  yet the price for them is astronomically high compared to their weight.  It's all percieved value.  In the end, that is the only way currency will ever work as well, it has to be percieved as being valuable.  Thats where BTC and LTC come in, they are being more and more known as being worth something to more and more people.  More places are accepting them as currency, and in the end I only see the prices of BOTH going up longterm.
litecoinz

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:52:32 AM

I personally don't think this is an accurate statement!
ETphonehome

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:56:32 AM

Like anything, new technology supplants the old.  The old might stick around( like Ford), but few people will be driving them, relatively speaking.  I think Scrypt currencies are where the action's headed.  Miners are pointing their rigs there, leaving those who were lucky enough to get ASIC rigs to unload their loot onto the public.  By then the majority of miners will have switched to FTC.  I think this goes a way to explain the drop in BTC price today, honestly. 

Bitcoin- the silver to Litecoin gold
lowlevel

Activity: 159

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:08:36 AM

Sigh,

There is a difference between the usability of silver and gold.

There is no significant difference between the usability of LTC and BTC.

Yes there is. Confirmations are much faster on LTC and more suitable to low value purchases than bitcoins that can take ages to confirm for low values.

Would you rather talk Altcoins? - https://cryptocointalk.com/
lukemarshall

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:09:39 AM

LTC in my opinion is kind of like the grass roots movement of the crypto currency.

As the ASICs come out and flood the BTC mining scene, the guys with gaming rigs will still have a viable alternative to pay their electricity bill (and secure the network of course Wink  )

I am bullish on LTC, but Im also bullish on Silver....and we all se what that is doing ;sigh;

Its all about what the people want...
MiningUnited

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:21:32 AM

Not Silver to Gold : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Litecoin

Some argue that Litecoin cannot make sense as "silver to bitcoin's gold", because Bitcoin itself is both gold and silver: While in the long-run, the BTC unit may be too valuable for everyday trade ("gold"), there are other, much smaller units that can just as well serve the purpose of "silver" while being naturally/automatically "converted" to/from BTC.

As there is a much larger abundance of silver than gold in the earth to be mined, the same correlation can be applied to these two crypto-currencies. There being more LiteCoin compared to BitCoin to be mined is the same. This result is that LiteCoin will always have a lower value compared to BitCoin, just like silver has a lower value to gold. Therefore, LiteCoin is the silver to BitCoin's gold.
megaminer59

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:30:50 AM

litecoin , just best crypto money ( gpu miner )
ihuntsausages

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:56:58 AM

It's coming to mtgox soon. That will cause a nice price rise.
airbornearie

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:05:22 AM

Looking at miningpool.nl to mine some LTC :-)
MiniMinerXT

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:26:12 PM

I an just saying --> Feathercoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: