Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:29:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: http://ripplescam.org/  (Read 6434 times)
nyusternie

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

"Living the Kewl Life"

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:22:20 PM

Due to the overwhelming success of Ripple XRP, we currently do not have any plans to make this project open source. Thank you and please continue making us money.

2funi Cheesy

1SDoTrAWQnbJ2ZHvLs3a2XxazqNSishn1
GPG A1638B57 | OTC nyusternie
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:00:48 PM

The magic number would be correlated with long term real economic growth rate.  Trying to set the money supply growth constant at 2% is likely closer than setting it to 0% yet it has the same flaw that if your number is lower than the observed monetary demand, you will get deflation, if your number is higher you will have built in inflation.

The fractional reserve system allows banks to react to deviations from equilibrium as numbers are observed

If the algo to set money supply growth rate can take in real values of what is transacted on a regular basis then it would solve the problem completely.  Not sure if this is feasible.

i like the way this sounds

+1
I don't think this is feasible. I could run a script to transfer money from A to B all the time. If you are thinking of "oh, then hard code a case to ignore that", you're thinking in the wrong direction because I'll just transfer from A to [B or C or D] to [A or B or C or D].

yeah, you're right, i really didn't take into account how easy it is to game some of these systems.  i was just reading a discussion https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166302 that talks about better ways to handle transaction fees, with a focus on how to prevent mining pool collusion from gaming that system.

with that said .. i never could have imagined someone (Satoshi) creating a system like bitcoin in my wildest dreams; so if someone (or more likely a team) with that same sense of vision would tackle this problem, it could certainly materialize into the next great coin

Hello, I'm Etlase2, and I am tackling this problem. One way to ensure transactions remain fairly honest is to charge a percentage fee rather than a flat fee or a fee based only on bytes/coin age. This is possible when you use an account ledger system instead of a transaction ledger. For this and a million other details, click the link in my sig.

nyusternie

"Living the Kewl Life"

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:30:52 AM

Hello, I'm Etlase2, and I am tackling this problem. One way to ensure transactions remain fairly honest is to charge a percentage fee rather than a flat fee or a fee based only on bytes/coin age. This is possible when you use an account ledger system instead of a transaction ledger. For this and a million other details, click the link in my sig.

that's quite a read; do you have a cliff notes version?

i'll try to digest it over the md weekend -- look forward to discussing

Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:55:38 AM

Check out the 4th post and see if that helps. The money supply is intended to expand when the people deem it necessary, and do so without using much energy, while also retaining bulletproof security and using an insignificant amount of energy when no new money is necessary.

nyusternie

"Living the Kewl Life"

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:48:18 AM

Check out the 4th post and see if that helps. The money supply is intended to expand when the people deem it necessary, and do so without using much energy, while also retaining bulletproof security and using an insignificant amount of energy when no new money is necessary.

read the post and it sounds sweet-as-hell, but i still don't get it
there is just soooo much to read; i promise i'm not lazy, i'm just incredibly busy
perhaps some pictures would help summarize the details?
e.g. http://thumbnails.visually.netdna-cdn.com/bitcoin-infographic_5029189c9cbaf.jpg

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:44:35 AM

I think that project is too overreaching.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: