Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:03:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FeatherCoin][PPLNS][Stratum] FeatherPool.com Pool  (Read 9643 times)
alecpap (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:17:38 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 02:52:11 PM by alecpap

UPDATE: 28 May 2013
The pool will be completely closing in one week (4 June 2013). Please withdraw all your coins before then, thank you.

UPDATE: 30 Apr 2013b
Pool has been migrated, and stratum has been added. While DNS is propagating, the website may be inaccessable.
The new IP is: 72.20.53.5
Adjust your miners to the following:
LP: http://72.20.53.5:9999
Stratum: stratum+tcp://72.20.53.5:9998
During DNS propagation, all shares mined will be counted as normal, and payouts will continue as normal.

UPDATE: 30 Apr 2013a
I am in the process of moving the pool to a new server, and adding stratum. The DNS may take a while to propagate, but I will be posting the new IP address here shortly. Please stay posted. You will not lose any shares during the migration.

Hello, I've set up a new pool for mining FeatherCoins. It's a PPLNS pool, pretty standard stuff.

I'm doing 0% fee through the end of April to see how it goes, after that fee may increase to 1% or stay at 0%, I'm not sure yet. This is my first time setting up a pool, so I'm sure there are plenty of wrinkles to iron out yet.

http://featherpool.com

Post any problems/requests/questions here and I'll answer them as best I can.
destruct

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

Alexander KOSTIN | GoldMint

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:20:30 AM

Do you require all 120 confirmations for payout?

alecpap (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:21:02 AM

Do you require all 120 confirmations for payout?
Right now yes, all 120 confirms are required.
svennand

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:24:58 PM

Is the payout falling behind?
been mining for two hours on the pool, see alot of found blocks since i joined (and also have been confirmed (120)), even found two myself. But only gotten 122 shares payd for (35 invalid...) which have given me 0,05FC woho!=P
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:29:10 PM

Is the payout falling behind?
been mining for two hours on the pool, see alot of found blocks since i joined (and also have been confirmed (120)), even found two myself. But only gotten 122 shares payd for (35 invalid...) which have given me 0,05FC woho!=P
Payout isn't falling behind, check your balance, you've been paid. It's a PPLNS pool, so it takes a while for your payrate to ramp up.
mercSuey

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:33:02 PM

got duo 6870s  running and so far less than 1% stale rate and going pretty smooth so far...I haven't tried to payout yet as it's too earlier, but I put donation at 1%...
flyingmonkeycrap

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:04:23 PM

Is it just me or is the current round shares saying Pool Valid: -355506....what gives?

Binance Exchange for IOTA, REQ, ETC. 0.05% Fees, good for day trading:
https://www.binance.com/?ref=11613693
Crystallas

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:07:11 PM

Nice pool. I like FeatherCoins tweaks a lot, so I hope it stays around a bit.  Cheesy
503guy

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:41:24 PM

How come some of the blocks stopped with 1 confirm left?  They couldn't possibly still get orphaned, could they?

503guy

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:40:08 AM

Looks like you have a lot of blocks that you will have to manually process -- common problem with the server soft you're using.

Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 05:03:55 AM

Is it messed up right now ? Whats happenin ?

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
503guy

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:08:48 AM

Is it messed up right now ? Whats happenin ?

It looks messed up.  If Cryptocoinexplorer was back up then we could at least see if the pool got paid for all those blocks that are hanging at 1 and 2 confirms pending..

Bitcoin.Greece

Activity: 412

Bitcoin is the Future of currency

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 07:22:25 AM

Nice pool ... Fix that delay blocks payment and you get my 1% donation !

Get a VPN - Protect yourself
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:03:20 PM

Tried mining at the pool awhile but no shares credited in the system.

Current round shares: -4,666,826

I'm assuming that's the cause of the problem?
mercSuey

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:13:08 PM

Tried mining at the pool awhile but no shares credited in the system.

Current round shares: -4,666,826

I'm assuming that's the cause of the problem?

You need to wait for 120 confirmations, unless I misunderstood what you meant?
mercSuey

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:19:08 PM

Yeah, it looked like my pay rate was lower than expected, now I see why with all the pending confirms...
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:21:10 PM

We have lost a great deal of payouts with this unconfirmed blocks, is the admin gonna fix that?

Its really bad ...
mercSuey

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:31:23 PM

We have lost a great deal of payouts with this unconfirmed blocks, is the admin gonna fix that?

Its really bad ...

I would assume so, or else this pool won't last much longer...
mercSuey

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:45:20 PM

Some of the pending confirms have been paid buy many have not.   Huh
steganos

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:48:53 PM

Looks like you have a lot of blocks that you will have to manually process -- common problem with the server soft you're using.

Is there a frontend that is more stable than mmcfe?  I was thinking about setting up a private pool so I can learn more about it, but I don't want to waste my time on mmcfe if it is unstable and there is a better option.
mercSuey

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:02:32 PM

Is there a frontend that is more stable than mmcfe?  I was thinking about setting up a private pool so I can learn more about it, but I don't want to waste my time on mmcfe if it is unstable and there is a better option.

I am switching to a stratum pool until this gets fixed.  I will check back later.  Gonna try out fc.altpool.com
Bitcoin.Greece

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:08:23 PM

Where is the admin ? .... please fix the problem with unpaid blocks ...

rbdrbd

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:59:33 PM

I joined last night around 2AM with about 13,000KH power and have only been paid out on about 24FC so far. Is anyone else experiencing this? Not sure about the lag time for new miners on this pool.
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:23:10 PM

Hi guys, I'm not sure why those current round share numbers are so borked, or why so many of those blocks aren't getting confirmed. I'll be looking in to it today, if anyone knows why this is going on, feel fee to let me know. Thanks!

Is it just me or is the current round shares saying Pool Valid: -355506....what gives?

I'm not sure why this is happening, I'll be looking in to it today and will keep you guys posted.

Gah...can you shine some more light on this for me?

Where is the admin ? .... please fix the problem with unpaid blocks ...
I'm here, I'll be looking in to this today.
Dipnoi

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:24:22 PM

I joined last night around 2AM with about 13,000KH power and have only been paid out on about 24FC so far. Is anyone else experiencing this? Not sure about the lag time for new miners on this pool.
You're shares will only be counted after the block has been confirmed (120 confirms). That can take up to 6 hours.
steganos

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:14:19 PM

How frequently are your cron jobs scheduled to run?  The /cronjobs/README for mmcfe says:
Notes:
------
These scripts (from version 2.x.x forward) are intended to run every 60 secs.  Best results will be achieved
if you configure your server to run them at the same interval.  You risk missing new block information being
inserted into the database the longer you set the interval between these scripts running.  Database load has
been significantly improved from version 2.x.x forward and it should now be perfectly safe to run these
scripts every 60 secs.

If the script is running less frequently than every 60 seconds, then it might explain what we are seeing.  I also wonder if the script might need to run even more frequently because some of the blocks are being found in very quick succession.

I am not sure how to fix the blocks that have not been confirmed, but you might just need to increase the value passed into the $bitcoinController->query in cronjobs/cronjob.php

//Query bitcoind for list of transactions
$transactions = $bitcoinController->query('listtransactions', '', '240');

I have not been able to find where that listtransactions query is defined so I don't know what the value of 240 represents.
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:45:10 PM

How frequently are your cron jobs scheduled to run?  The /cronjobs/README for mmcfe says:
Notes:
------
These scripts (from version 2.x.x forward) are intended to run every 60 secs.  Best results will be achieved
if you configure your server to run them at the same interval.  You risk missing new block information being
inserted into the database the longer you set the interval between these scripts running.  Database load has
been significantly improved from version 2.x.x forward and it should now be perfectly safe to run these
scripts every 60 secs.

If the script is running less frequently than every 60 seconds, then it might explain what we are seeing.  I also wonder if the script might need to run even more frequently because some of the blocks are being found in very quick succession.
I had it running every 60 seconds, now I've set it to run every 30.

I am not sure how to fix the blocks that have not been confirmed, but you might just need to increase the value passed into the $bitcoinController->query in cronjobs/cronjob.php

//Query bitcoind for list of transactions
$transactions = $bitcoinController->query('listtransactions', '', '240');

I have not been able to find where that listtransactions query is defined so I don't know what the value of 240 represents.

As far as the FC client goes, that returns the most recent 240 transactions. I've increased this as well, but it doesn't seem to have had any effect.

It seems that the most recent blocks found are getting their confirms fine, but for some reason there's a good amount of blocks that it doesn't seem to pick up on.
svennand

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:47:09 PM

featherpool has soon over 51% of power
People should go elsewhere!
steganos

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:58:57 PM

As far as the FC client goes, that returns the most recent 240 transactions. I've increased this as well, but it doesn't seem to have had any effect.

How much did you increase it?  There is now a very large sequence of blocks that have all been confirmed.  That is a change from earlier.  I also noticed from my transaction history that 4 blocks were credited to my account between 12:23:30 and 12:23:31.  I think that having these 4 transactions confirmed during a period of 1 second is probably because you increased the value, but maybe it just wasn't increased enough to verify all of the earlier blocks.
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:03:58 PM

How much did you increase it?  There is now a very large sequence of blocks that have all been confirmed.  That is a change from earlier.  I also noticed from my transaction history that 4 blocks were credited to my account between 12:23:30 and 12:23:31.  I think that having these 4 transactions confirmed during a period of 1 second is probably because you increased the value, but maybe it just wasn't increased enough to verify all of the earlier blocks.

The initial increase was not enough. I did increase it again and now all those old blocks are confirmed. Thanks for your help!

Now to get that Current Round Shares number sorted
vdek

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:22:58 PM

I've got somewhere around 15000 unpaid shares at the moment on the pool Sad
503guy

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:41:42 PM

You need to hook up with the admin at fc.dontmine.me -- he had a similar issue and was able to resolve it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179267.0

Just some more info for the simple pool:

PPLNS is over 1,000,000 shares so it takes a while to get the payout from one share.

Some blocks weren't paying, but I manually kicked them through the pipes so there should be a fresh (2k unspent in the pool + 1.6k from me = 3.6k) payout to the pool. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here.

Right now the pushpool is running 56 MH/s and p2pool is at 22 MH/s.

steganos

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:27:10 PM

It looks like blocks have been confirmed, but older shares have not been payed out.  I think I see why.

In cronjobs/cronjob.php:

///// Proportional Payout Method /////

$sql = mysql_query("SELECT blockNumber, count FROM ( ".
            "SELECT blockNumber, count FROM `shares_uncounted` WHERE blockNumber <= " .$block. " ".
            "UNION SELECT blockNumber, count FROM `shares_counted` WHERE blockNumber <= " .$block. " AND blockNumber > ".($block - 1000)." ".
            ")a ORDER BY blockNumber DESC");

"AND blockNumber > ".($block - 1000)" 

This assumes that everything older than 1000 blocs has already payed, but that is probably not true.  I don't remember which blocks we have started seeing problems with, but the range of blocks in the last 500 blocks found is greater than 1000.  I think this number needs to be increased temporarily to get things back on track.

FaT

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:38:28 PM

Roughly how long does it take for the round reward to stablise?
I've been mining for about 2 hours and its still sitting at just under half of what it should be (and isn't increasing).
At 3GH, i would expect about 2.66 per round, but the estimate is 1.365.
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:57:16 PM

All of the unpaid shares from those blocks that weren't confirming should now have been paid out. Sorry for any problems this has caused, and thanks to Steganos for helping me fix it.

Happy mining!
Multifarious

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:38:53 AM

Unfortunately, I have not been credited with the FC for those 'unconfirming' blocks.

For instance, before the block history page was truncated from 500 to 50, I noted down that block 21959 was one of the blocks in questions. The credit for block 21959 still has not appeared in my transaction log (nor has there been a sudden increase in FC in my account).
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:44:15 AM

Unfortunately, I have not been credited with the FC for those 'unconfirming' blocks.

For instance, before the block history page was truncated from 500 to 50, I noted down that block 21959 was one of the blocks in questions. The credit for block 21959 still has not appeared in my transaction log (nor has there been a sudden increase in FC in my account).

Addressing this now, thanks for the headsup.
aikklond
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:52:08 AM

I have also not been credited with anything, from those missing blocks, my username is Klok.

Can you do something about it? is the problem fixed? I have moved to another poll until you fix that.
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:18:02 AM

I have also not been credited with anything, from those missing blocks, my username is Klok.

Can you do something about it? is the problem fixed? I have moved to another poll until you fix that.

Problem is in the process of being fixed, should all be sorted out by tomorrow evening. All block rewards for blocks currently mined (and the last ~12ish hours) are being paid out properly and without issue.
aikklond
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:40:40 AM

thank you, once older payouts are fixed, I am jumping back in.
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:31:00 PM

Most of the old unconfirmed blocks have been paid out. There are a few stragglers that I will be processing payments for manually. The payments for the old blocks will have a TX Type of CreditFix in your tx log.
Alarion

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:40:26 PM

Most of the old unconfirmed blocks have been paid out. There are a few stragglers that I will be processing payments for manually. The payments for the old blocks will have a TX Type of CreditFix in your tx log.

Thanks for this, and thanks for being honest Smiley
Bitcoin.Greece

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 09:30:51 PM

We are dealing with a honest admin here !!!
I just recieve a big FC amount for all unconfirmed blocks 2 days ago.
So I come back on the pool and you get your 1% of donation... Wink

Also please fix that 25FC limit of sending coins ... 200 FC or more it will be fine ....

alecpap (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:57:37 PM

We are dealing with a honest admin here !!!
I just recieve a big FC amount for all unconfirmed blocks 2 days ago.
So I come back on the pool and you get your 1% of donation... Wink
Thanks! Smiley

Also please fix that 25FC limit of sending coins ... 200 FC or more it will be fine ....
Done, limit is set to 500.
EDIT: I spoke too soon, limit is set for 90. I will update when it's increased.
momo694

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:51:00 AM

Just set my miner to your pool. All seems to be going well. Repping the pool at our forum.

http://feathercointalk.ahsum.com
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 09:46:09 PM

Just set my miner to your pool. All seems to be going well. Repping the pool at our forum.

http://feathercointalk.ahsum.com

Awesome, thanks! I hope you enjoy the pool
desert_beagle

Activity: 87

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:42:55 AM

pool is down?
hendo420

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 02:51:08 AM

something weird is going on.

ebmarket.co
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:53:30 AM

See the first post for more details. Pool is in the process of being moved.
0150r

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:59:48 AM

Pool is down too. I'm glad that you are adding stratum and hope that it's back up soon  Smiley
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:42:11 AM

Pool has migrated successfully. The website may be unavailable while the DNS propagates, but you can still mine by using the pool's IP address. Stratum has been added.
The new IP is: 72.20.53.5
Adjust your miners to the following:
LP: http://72.20.53.5:9999
Stratum: stratum+tcp://72.20.53.5:9998

Once the DNS has finished propagating, you will be able to use the featherpool.com domain as normal. This process should not take longer than a few hours.
1978280z

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:47:08 AM

Sweet thanks!
0150r

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:03:29 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2013, 04:26:14 AM by 0150r

Nice work. My ratio of accepted to rejected shares is a lot higher now. This should lead to more blocks found due to more valid shares across the workers. More blocks means more payouts Cheesy

Website is up if you go to the new IP, but you cannot log in.
bengx

Activity: 202

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:33:11 AM

Hello! When I try to access via the IP address, I get an error message about the Peer's Certificate being revoked. Any help with that please?
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:54:02 AM

Hello! When I try to access via the IP address, I get an error message about the Peer's Certificate being revoked. Any help with that please?
Certificate issues will be resolved once DNS propagation has completed. Mining via IP address will work fine, shares are being counted as normal and payouts are occurring as normal.
sidelsky18

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:57:22 AM

Oh lawdy I love me some stratum.
0150r

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:10:25 AM

Is there any issue with the login system on the site? It doesn't do anything (no errors, no success) when you try to log in?
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:11:08 AM

Is there any issue with the login system on the site? It doesn't do anything (no errors, no success) when you try to log in?
DNS issue, should be solved within a few hours.
0150r

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:12:27 AM

Thought so. Thanks for the updates.

I have auto payment set up, I just like to keep tabs on how I'm doing Tongue
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:15:09 AM

Thought so. Thanks for the updates.

I have auto payment set up, I just like to keep tabs on how I'm doing Tongue

Understandable Cheesy
Bitcoin.Greece

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 08:10:36 AM

in case that you don't know ... Stratum miner have double hashrate on stats.

alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 12:21:37 PM

in case that you don't know ... Stratum miner have double hashrate on stats.
Thanks for the headsup
Yuri.

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:42:09 PM

I just can't connect to stratum using guiminer scrypt, LP works fine though

Mhash pipe

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:44:41 PM

Try 72.20.53.5 port 9998

It's working for me
Mhash pipe

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:09:20 PM

Did the difficulty just change or are we really unlucky?
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:11:24 PM

Did the difficulty just change or are we really unlucky?
Current Difficulty   82.89790049

It's going up fast
Mhash pipe

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:14:47 PM

Only two blocks in the last hour and a half

Pretty crappy for our percent of the hash rate
Mhash pipe

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:28:36 PM

I guess I spoke too soon lol
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:29:01 PM

I guess I spoke too soon lol
Cheesy
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:41:33 PM

Can someone comment on why I'm getting a certificate warning from the website? Is this something to do with the move or something scarier?

alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:45:51 PM

Can someone comment on why I'm getting a certificate warning from the website? Is this something to do with the move or something scarier?
Could still be a DNS issue, check and see if your nameservers are reporting the new IP for the site. If they're not, you're coming in from the old site, and that may cause some certificate problems. If you're accessing the site via IP and not domain name, that could also cause problems.
Rjb82

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:55:41 PM

Everything working fine for me.

Just wondering if we are able to get a tab in the "transactions" section for unconfirmed rewards.

As far as i see, there's no way to tell until the block is paid out (120 confirms) and hits your wallet on the site.

Thanks.
m3ta

Activity: 435

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 01:46:07 AM

Correction: where one can read "loose" (multiple times on the About page), one should read: "lose".

Tip: if it's "loose", put some glue on it. http://youryoure.com/?lose

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
Rjb82

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:59:32 AM

I seemed to have written down the wrong password, and can't log in.

I tried the forget password and the site stated that i'd get an email, 3 hours ago.
Tried forget password 2nd time, still no email.

any help?
FatMagic

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:38:11 PM

API not working yet? Would like to use the API for my personal PHP pages. Thanks! Great pool.

bengx

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:47:20 PM

Hello! I've noticed that the stratum proxy stops working after 8 hours of mining and needs a restart. As a result any shares mined during the period when the proxy is down will be wasted and rejected. And idea why that happens?
meyerbtc

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:05:32 PM

I tried the forget password and the site stated that i'd get an email, 3 hours ago.

any help?
+1
paladin281978

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:28:21 PM

any help?
+1

+1
email with the temporary password not coming 6+ hours
what is the maximum possible length of a password?

alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:30:16 PM

Everything working fine for me.

Just wondering if we are able to get a tab in the "transactions" section for unconfirmed rewards.

As far as i see, there's no way to tell until the block is paid out (120 confirms) and hits your wallet on the site.

Thanks.

This is a good idea, thanks! I'll add it to my list.

Correction: where one can read "loose" (multiple times on the About page), one should read: "lose".

Tip: if it's "loose", put some glue on it. http://youryoure.com/?lose

I've put some glue on it Smiley Thanks for the heads up.

any help?

There was an issue with the mailserver, should be working now.

API not working yet? Would like to use the API for my personal PHP pages. Thanks! Great pool.

Not yet, I'll look into it when I have time. Thanks for the heads up.

Hello! I've noticed that the stratum proxy stops working after 8 hours of mining and needs a restart. As a result any shares mined during the period when the proxy is down will be wasted and rejected. And idea why that happens?

I've never used a stratum-proxy for mining, so I can't help you with that. Sorry. Maybe try posting in a stratum-proxy related thread, or hop on IRC to see if some kind soul would give you a hand.

any help?
+1

Try now, should be fixed.

what is the maximum possible length of a password?

40 characters
dirtriderdan

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:41:57 PM

When using stratum my hash rate is no longer reported on the site.  Is this normal?
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:46:35 PM

When using stratum my hash rate is no longer reported on the site.  Is this normal?
How long have you been mining stratum? It takes a few minutes for the site to update.
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:59:18 PM

API is fixed.
paladin281978

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:09:42 PM

alecpap

email with the temporary password now works, but gets into spam

firefox does not save the password in your site, it must be so?

vdragon

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 02:42:36 PM

Is the round estimate ok? And the daily estimate? I am mining with 21000 khs, but it seems kinda low

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:44:13 PM

Is the round estimate ok? And the daily estimate? I am mining with 21000 khs, but it seems kinda low
How long have you been mining on the pool? What's your pool username?
FatMagic

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:05:57 PM

API is fixed.

Perfect, thanks!

bengx

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:27:16 PM

Anyone else getting frequent disconnects to the pool? Especially on Stratum?
sidelsky18

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:29:05 PM

Anyone else getting frequent disconnects to the pool? Especially on Stratum?

Yup, tons.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 04:48:18 PM

stats updating seems rather slow Smiley
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:05:49 PM

I'm getting like half the coins I should be getting...hashrate is stable on the graph at 3200 kh/s average, the past 3 hours my account has gained 9 coins. Should be making closer 20 coins every 3 hours. It's been that slow for at least 15 hours, the pool luck can't be that bad?

sidelsky18

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:07:00 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 05:21:26 PM by sidelsky18

I'm getting like half the coins I should be getting...hashrate is stable on the graph at 3200 kh/s average, the past 3 hours my account has gained 9 coins. Should be making closer 20 coins every 3 hours. It's been that slow for at least 15 hours, the pool luck can't be that bad?

Same, I'm getting about half the shares that I usually do on stratum even though my hash rate is the same.
vdragon

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 05:28:10 PM

Something very broken here Cheesy

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
TheAce

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:29:14 PM

i cant connest to stratum mining ftc.. does anyone have same problem now? normal mining is working for me fine. but not with stratum.. and yes i have port setup to 9998
bengx

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:42:03 PM

@TheAce: Yeah stratum seems to be very flaky. Keeps getting disconnected from it. Have gone back to LP in the mean time until there's an update on the stratum situation or something.
TheAce

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:45:11 PM

@TheAce: Yeah stratum seems to be very flaky. Keeps getting disconnected from it. Have gone back to LP in the mean time until there's an update on the stratum situation or something.

yeah last night i was disconected 4 times in 1 hour. so i get to ltc mining.. now i even cant run stratum, so im also mining lp
FatMagic

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:02:22 PM

Ditto to everyone above. I'm running 3200 KH/s against FeatherPool for about 6 hours, and I have 1.5 FTC for 7000 shares of work - with 18000 shares unpaid. That's what... maybe 4 FTC total for 6 hours of work? I should be hitting at least 5 FTC an hour, at the least.

FatMagic

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:13:36 PM

Switched pools for now. Oh well.

TheAce

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:15:15 PM

im also going to switch to another pool maybe fc.altpool.com
this one is disconecting too often, even at lp mining
sidelsky18

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:39:06 PM

Yeah the server is acting really weird. I'm getting shares in bursts of 5-7 every 45 seconds or so rather than the 1 every 6-8 seconds I usually get.
vdragon

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 06:41:16 PM

Anyone know another pool that works? This one seems to be a waste of time and resources. With 21000 khs I should be getting 900-100 ftc per day, and at this rate, I wont get 200

garumaru

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:45:17 PM

I think it's because there is a sudden burst in the pool. As soon as FTC opened up on BTC-E and saw its value lots of people switched over to FTC mining.

BTC - 19zLbgtvGUttFiT9LXY8XAw1gGRiwXQap4
DGC - DM2qB66qAetszRtQACX683Vd7Bgd6sUsRB
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:13:30 PM

I think it's because there is a sudden burst in the pool. As soon as FTC opened up on BTC-E and saw its value lots of people switched over to FTC mining.

This. The sudden surge in users was unexpected. The stratum issues have been resolved, and AFAIK the longpoll issues have been resolved as well. I'm not running any pushpool miners, so I'm not 100% on this. I'm in IRC if anyone is still having issues.

EDIT: I urge everyone to switch over to stratum if you have not done so already.
sidelsky18

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:56:15 PM

This. The sudden surge in users was unexpected. The stratum issues have been resolved, and AFAIK the longpoll issues have been resolved as well. I'm not running any pushpool miners, so I'm not 100% on this. I'm in IRC if anyone is still having issues.

EDIT: I urge everyone to switch over to stratum if you have not done so already.

It's still running slow for me.

Was getting about 14 shares per minute last night, now I'm getting less than half that with the exact same configuration, hash rate, and everything.

EDIT: And I'm still getting disconnected every now and then.
JCviggen

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:14:36 PM

Switched pools for now. Oh well.

Ditto.

And the issue predates the BTCe thing by almost a day for me.

alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:19:27 PM

We are under a light DDoS attack. I'm working with the host to resolve the issue. Thanks for your understanding.
garumaru

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:31:02 PM

Certainly there are people out there not happy with FTC. Undecided

BTC - 19zLbgtvGUttFiT9LXY8XAw1gGRiwXQap4
DGC - DM2qB66qAetszRtQACX683Vd7Bgd6sUsRB
bitrocket

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 09:11:24 PM

im my observation the displayed hashrate dropped by 30-40% since early this morning with the same hashing power applied, on the stratum pool

any ideas?

NEW Rocketpool Giveaway [POOL][DOGE] 10,000 Doge Block Finder Bonus on now: http://doge.rocketpool.org
>50,000 Dogecoin bounty in blockfinder rewards
dirtriderdan

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:12:21 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2013, 01:43:44 AM by dirtriderdan

When using stratum my hash rate is no longer reported on the site.  Is this normal?
How long have you been mining stratum? It takes a few minutes for the site to update.
I have been mining on stratum 24hrs on both dirtriderdan.1 and dirtriderdan.2 workers both running at 2.2Mhash each.  Still reports 0Khash for those 2 workers.  I didn't switch dirtriderdan.0 and that shows about 900 khash which is correct.  Now I'm getting nervous...

I went back to non-stratum use for now.  Please look into payment for the last 24 hrs on my account.
bengx

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:15:28 AM

Tried switching back to stratum, same problem, share submits could take up to 20000ms which is far higher than the usual 200ms, or even fully disconnect for a few moments at times.
marcolam

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:48:48 AM

I got paid half coins compared to the FTC/Day (est) chart,is the chart correct or somethings wrong?
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:55:30 AM

Hey all, I appreciate you all letting me know when you have issues. I'm aware of the disconnects, there's been a DDoS against the pool for almost 24 hours at this point. I'm working with my provider to mitigate as much as possible, within budget. I apologize for the aggravation disconnects can cause.

I will be out of town this weekend, and won't be online as much. I will be checking email regularly (contact@featherpool.com), and trying to get in on IRC when I can, so please feel free to contact me there. I will return on Wednesday, May 8th. I will be working on the server as time permits, and I look forward to getting things running smoothly.

Thanks for mining on featherpool!

Oh - one more thing. I've been asked several times in IRC what my motivation behind running this pool is. I want to learn more about how cryptocoin pooled mining works, so I set up a pool. I'm footing the bill for the server myself, as I enjoy learning new things, and it's quite rewarding when a system as complex as a mining pool works. As I stated in the original post, the pool is a 0% fee. It may, at some point, switch to a low fee (perhaps 1%), but for now I have no plans of adding a fee. If I do, I will let everyone know in advance (at least 1 week notice). I want to thank the miners on the pool who have opted to donate a portion of their mining to the pool, as every little bit helps pay for the server.
sidelsky18

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:41:14 AM

Hey all, I appreciate you all letting me know when you have issues. I'm aware of the disconnects, there's been a DDoS against the pool for almost 24 hours at this point. I'm working with my provider to mitigate as much as possible, within budget. I apologize for the aggravation disconnects can cause.

I will be out of town this weekend, and won't be online as much. I will be checking email regularly (contact@featherpool.com), and trying to get in on IRC when I can, so please feel free to contact me there. I will return on Wednesday, May 8th. I will be working on the server as time permits, and I look forward to getting things running smoothly.

Thanks for mining on featherpool!

Oh - one more thing. I've been asked several times in IRC what my motivation behind running this pool is. I want to learn more about how cryptocoin pooled mining works, so I set up a pool. I'm footing the bill for the server myself, as I enjoy learning new things, and it's quite rewarding when a system as complex as a mining pool works. As I stated in the original post, the pool is a 0% fee. It may, at some point, switch to a low fee (perhaps 1%), but for now I have no plans of adding a fee. If I do, I will let everyone know in advance (at least 1 week notice). I want to thank the miners on the pool who have opted to donate a portion of their mining to the pool, as every little bit helps pay for the server.

Thanks for all your work.

I'll pledge to up my donation from my usual 1% to 3% for a week when you fix the issues (if that's incentive for you Tongue)
thisisnotmyltcusername

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:15:08 AM

around 40% rejected shares (prev hash-stale) this morning...  Cry

[2013-05-03 08:11:55] Rejected 01a8a7f6 Diff 154/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:11:57] Rejected 07337922 Diff 35/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:01] Rejected 0220129d Diff 120/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:06] Rejected 02e63949 Diff 88/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:07] Rejected 03009309 Diff 85/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:08] Rejected 029d7583 Diff 97/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:13] Rejected 0082ba18 Diff 501/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:19] Rejected 067dd2d9 Diff 39/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:23] Rejected 0527256a Diff 49/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:24] Rejected 031534b3 Diff 83/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:26] Rejected 04eea95d Diff 51/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:29] Rejected 01ad37b0 Diff 152/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:33] Rejected 01b9411c Diff 148/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:33] Rejected 02183708 Diff 122/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:39] Rejected 06758baa Diff 39/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
 [2013-05-03 08:12:48] Rejected 05ee54d3 Diff 43/31 GPU 0  (prevhash-stale)
Mhash pipe

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:06:56 PM

If I didn't know any better, I would say that I am getting paid at ltc rates (50 coins per block)... I am only getting 1/4 of the predicted coins.
rbdrbd

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:06:50 PM

Yes, definitely some issues with this pool. Anyone know of any good alternatives?
thisisnotmyltcusername

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:41:40 PM

you have choice between the hammered like this one, those who're down and those who put difficulty so high there aren't stales but you won't make zilch either with a single card.
It'll calm down the day FTC won't fill your pockets faster than LTC  Cool
Mhash pipe

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:43:25 PM

Yup, looks like it may be more profitable to mine ltc after all...
RV1969

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:09:25 PM

Losing massive percentage of shares now. Switching until DDoS resolves.  Cry
18RATTT

Activity: 282

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:04:11 AM

anyone having 5% rejects from this pool? i want to mine from this pool, shud i use the stratum or the normal one ??

please advise. thank you

hakushka

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:22:00 AM

I am only getting 1/3 of the predicted coins =( Why?
Mad_Max

Activity: 894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:30:48 AM

It is a PPLNS pool.
I dont find N=? (how much last shares accaunted when new block found?)

He знaя пoкoя и oтдыxa, Пpи лyннoм и coлнeчнoм cвeтe, Mы дeлaeм дeньги из вoздyxa, Чтoб cнoвa cпycтить иx нa вeтep!
JCviggen

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:41:01 AM

I am only getting 1/3 of the predicted coins =( Why?

Many people have the same issue and there's been no response from the owner. Bit shady or at the very least not acceptable to have this going on for so long with no solution or even acknowledgement of a problem.

I bailed to another pool some time ago, suggest you do the same. Plenty of other pools out there.

18RATTT

Activity: 282

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:15:57 AM

https://featherpool.com/news
3 May 2013 Admin will be gone until 8 May.

Chiz

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:30:28 AM

Can someone here tell me, that uses the pool obviously, what is the time between "Accepted" shares from your hashing? This is what I have been getting using feathercoin-is-a-geek and even fc.dontmine.me I tried, I got 5 accepted and then closed my CMD, opened it, no success. I either get REALLY long accepted rate like 2-5 minutes between them or I get these server errors because apparently everyones pool is having issues.

http://gyazo.com/112d32b381e2146428edf6135addc3bf
LOLMoney

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:01:37 PM

I have my Automatic Payout Threshold set to .10 and my Account Balance is currently at .335

Why have I not received a payout?
thep33t

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:03:08 PM

Can someone here tell me, that uses the pool obviously, what is the time between "Accepted" shares from your hashing? This is what I have been getting using feathercoin-is-a-geek and even fc.dontmine.me I tried, I got 5 accepted and then closed my CMD, opened it, no success. I either get REALLY long accepted rate like 2-5 minutes between them or I get these server errors because apparently everyones pool is having issues.

http://gyazo.com/112d32b381e2146428edf6135addc3bf

number of shares is dependent on pool difficulty, and also unrelated to actual payout (In terms of FTC/share)

Feathercoin Pool - http://feathercoin.is-a-geek.com - [PPLNS][0% Fees]
FTC: 6sf5CgurY5axcd2cwDHmiwdVMdAF9fw6pU       BTC: 1J74TaaKuNMoy25TP5vXKG2Jw8yg1sqyyQ       BTE: 8QZ2XiantPF8eWmzayo5WaXyYC8unBq5ZC     LTC: LatpwWc4GQyF2teKegZHiDGEGdNEKqEPTT
dirtriderdan

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:30:02 PM

When using stratum my hash rate is no longer reported on the site.  Is this normal?
I have been mining on stratum 24hrs on both dirtriderdan.1 and dirtriderdan.2 workers both running at 2.2Mhash each.  Still reports 0Khash for those 2 workers.  I didn't switch dirtriderdan.0 and that shows about 900 khash which is correct.  Now I'm getting nervous...

I went back to non-stratum use for now.  Please look into payment for the last 24 hrs on my account.

I do appreciate that the owner addressed this quickly and I received a payment in short order.  I think he is trying to run a legitimate pool.  Unfortunately I experienced the same issue again mining with dirtriderdan.0 over the last couple days.  Not sure what exactly is going on...
d2.cc

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 07:38:26 PM

I do appreciate that the owner addressed this quickly and I received a payment in short order.  I think he is trying to run a legitimate pool.

You are right, he is trying to run a legit pool and the problems aren't him trying to scam anyone. Most scrypt based pools are having the same issues with stratum.

Once upon a time
lupuz

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:09:58 PM

There are auto-payout issues.
niteryder

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:04:37 PM

There are auto-payout issues.

Had the auto-payout issues with my pools as well.  I figured out that users were putting in improper wallet address.  Some used URLs and others just had strange randomness entered.  A quick sort and visual check on the sendAddress field of the database shows the offending address.  Once I removed the address, problem solved.  The payout.php ran just fine.
TheAce

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:53:45 PM

yeah i also have payout issues.. till yeasterday everything run smoothly..  but now im not getting paid about 10hours
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:57:49 PM

Had the auto-payout issues with my pools as well.  I figured out that users were putting in improper wallet address.  Some used URLs and others just had strange randomness entered.  A quick sort and visual check on the sendAddress field of the database shows the offending address.  Once I removed the address, problem solved.  The payout.php ran just fine.

I've had quite a few users email me with auto payout issues, only to email a few minutes later and let me know they entered in an invalid FTC address. Once they entered a valid FTC address, payout issues were resolved. If you're having auto payout issues, please double check that you've entered a valid FTC address as your payout address.
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:47:45 PM

Is the pool still operating? Was getting shares a while back but now it looks like no one is on the pool! I haven't forgotten about FTC! Im wondering how many miners jump back in once the difficulty comes back down in two weeks..

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:07:39 PM

There is currently an issue with the pool not paying out shares. I stopped the pool in order to look into this issue further. All shares have been recorded, the automated payout is just a bit off, you will all be paid.
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:50:22 PM

Thanks for updating us on the issue, hope it gets resolved smoothly!

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
TheAce

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:20:06 PM

There is currently an issue with the pool not paying out shares. I stopped the pool in order to look into this issue further. All shares have been recorded, the automated payout is just a bit off, you will all be paid.

yeah right now i have about 11k valid unpais shares.. and its about 40 hours..still not paid
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:50:37 PM

yeah right now i have about 11k valid unpais shares.. and its about 40 hours..still not paid
Confirms are taking a longer than normal time due to diff and network hashrate
gramma

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:39:58 PM

Not to be just another "me too", but my threshhold is set way lower than my balance, which is just sitting there. Auto-payout is failing on my account, too, and my address is double-checked and accurate.  Looking forward to a fix!

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:33:17 PM

Dumb Question #1

Will the pool go back to operational once the problem with the confirms is taken care of or is everyone just going to be paid for their shares and the pool ends? Im asking because it was the only feather coin pool I was able to run smoothly in and would like to keep mining in it.

lupuz

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:03:34 PM

Alecpap:

My auto payment was not working at all. Then I had to do the manual one and pay you some fee :/

And I haven't been able to mine here for almost a week now.

Something else: It seems to me it would be a good thing for you to find someone else to share pool's responsability =D

This was the best pool of I all I knew, hope it to keep on as well Smiley
alecpap (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 02:52:44 PM

Hello all,
Due to a lack of time on my part, the pool will be completely closing in one week (4 June 2013). Please withdraw all your coins before then, thank you.
I've had the pool servers offline for a few weeks now, and most have already withdrawn coins. The few remaining users who have not, please do so.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: