Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:07:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 12525 times)
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 12:53:00 PM

Oh look who it is.

How is the Chinese relic hunter multi-billionaire triad boss über hacker?

Unfortunately he can't be reached any more. It's always easy to just go offline forever.

He did return majority of the funds, just not in the right combination of USD and BTC. I don't think he enjoys the incident. He is/was living in Heilongjiang Province, which is too cold for me to even travel there (I go to China only during fall or winter). I don't think the address is where he lives though.
I believe he was referring to you, could be wrong though.

Made up people often live in cold places. Just look at Santa.

Matthew the two time scammer tag troll you paid trying to make you look like the victim in all of this is not going to work out too well.

It would be best to assist in cleaning up your first mess (bitcoinica and its "hack") before you make a new project.

I'm pragmatic - I want to maximize my value for the community. Unfortunately there's really nothing much I can do to accelerate Bitcoinica's liquidation. I wasn't even a shareholder or creditor (so I can't sue them for compensation or anything).

So instead of hoping for the best with something I really don't have the capacity to do, I'm thinking of doing something that's 1) good for Bitcoin and 2) not requiring much trust.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 12:56:01 PM

Lesson for aspiring Bitcoin scammers: When caught red-handed, just make up bizarre fairytales with shakespearean characters and amazing coincidences. You'll get a free pass and will be praised by the community.

It's a scam made up (fairly successfully) by AurumXchange. Look at who has the money right now: AurumXchange has my $40K and Mt. Gox has Bitcoinica creditors' over $2 million worth of Bitcoins. (I'm not saying Mt. Gox is wrong or anything. It's merely a fact.) I have nothing (and 5000 BTC LESS in my pocket).

Thank you for your sarcasm. I believe the free pass and praise will be more valuable if you identify the real scammer correctly.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:02:17 PM

Yeah, zhoutong isn't a bad guy.  Maybe a few holes in the original code, then followed up by new ownership that were more careless and - boom - shit storm.

Still, zhoutong made a valuable contribution to the bitcoin community with good intentions.

welcome back.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 01:06:22 PM

Yeah, zhoutong isn't a bad guy.  Maybe a few holes in the original code, then followed up by new ownership that were more careless and - boom - shit storm.

Still, zhoutong made a valuable contribution to the bitcoin community with good intentions.

welcome back.

The code may be bad (a lot better now), but that's not the direct cause of the hacks. The infrastructure is a bigger problem. As I was the only guy building infrastructure, I will take the responsibility.

Objectives for my next project:
- Test code ratio: 1.5 : 1
- LOC/M: 5-6
- Leave infrastructure to a more experienced sysadmin/security professional that I personally know

Thanks for the trust and support!

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 01:09:21 PM

Lesson for aspiring Bitcoin scammers: When caught red-handed, just make up bizarre fairytales with shakespearean characters and amazing coincidences. You'll get a free pass and will be praised by the community.

It's a scam made up (fairly successfully) by AurumXchange. Look at who has the money right now: AurumXchange has my $40K and Mt. Gox has Bitcoinica creditors' over $2 million worth of Bitcoins. (I'm not saying Mt. Gox is wrong or anything. It's merely a fact.) I have nothing (and 5000 BTC LESS in my pocket).

Thank you for your sarcasm. I believe the free pass and praise will be more valuable if you identify the real scammer correctly.

If you are the victim who is the real scammer? Your made up friend in china?

You answered your own question. If you are not believing me, there's no way I can answer your questions. Both of your posts are phrased similar to:

"Is Goat the hacker? Or is Goat too afraid to admit it?"

CJH is a real person. I shopped at his Taobao store before. He hacked Bitcoinica and admitted it and returned majority of the funds. I don't think he's living with any gains from the hack now. But he can no longer be contacted regardless.

greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:33:32 PM

I hope he used violins.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 01:40:17 PM

If you are the victim who is the real scammer? Your made up friend in china?

You answered your own question. If you are not believing me, there's no way I can answer your questions. Both of your posts are phrased similar to:

"Is Goat the hacker? Or is Goat too afraid to admit it?"

CJH is a real person. I shopped at his Taobao store before. He hacked Bitcoinica and admitted it and returned majority of the funds. I don't think he's living with any gains from the hack now. But he can no longer be contacted regardless.

How did your friend get your password?  Did he hack you or use vilonce? Or did you give it to him?

The password was heavily re-used. He could easy find out if he used plain text password in any of his websites.

EDIT: It seems that you have almost zero knowledge for the entire incident. I'm back in this forum to contribute, not arguing things that were already clarified long ago. If you really have that many questions to ask, please email bitcointalk@zhoutong.com. I will try my best to entertain your request. Thanks!

EDIT 2: CJH is not my friend. I don't have a friend like him. He gave me advice on anti-fraud payment systems on QQ and I paid him. He wouldn't help out of friendship.

bitcoinminer

Merit: 252

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:08:41 PM

I think your next project should be investing.  Take in funds, which go into a completely opaque investment, and promise astronomical returns, and use new investments to pay out the old investors.

That Charles Ponzi really had a good thing going for awhile.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 02:21:21 PM

Welcome back Ryan. Thou haven't touch upon much with Bitcoinica or others and havent heard much about you by the time i started using Bitcoin. But at least, i got my domain from you. Smiley

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:37:15 PM

I think your next project should be investing.  Take in funds, which go into a completely opaque investment, and promise astronomical returns, and use new investments to pay out the old investors.

Me personally, I can't wait for the ZhouMiner 3000.

I can see the taglines already:
 - "It runs fast like zhou when he found noone believed his fairy tale."
 - "Delivers bitcoins to your pockets quicker than a hacked exchange."
bitcoinminer

Merit: 252

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:44:40 PM

Me personally, I can't wait for the ZhouMiner 3000.

I can see the taglines already:
 - "It runs fast like zhou when he found noone believed his fairy tale."
 - "Delivers bitcoins to your pockets quicker than a hacked exchange."

Trade your bitcoins in for FREE LESSONS in how to tell if something is "Too good to be true!"

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
mobile4ever

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:55:28 PM

I don't really have any clear ideas at the moment, but I'll be more than happy to build a killer app for Bitcoin from stratch.

Welcome back! If you know PHP, this would be a "killer app" for the world:

https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/54

I will PM you anyway.
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:08:35 PM

ZT, how do u feel about the funder of bitcoinica is now a funder of coinlab?

I have nothing but gratefulness for Tihan. Regardless of the result, he literally changed my life. I wouldn't ever call myself an entrepreneur without his support.

For the CoinLab thing, I really have no comment at the moment. I didn't follow this company very closely.
So, how old are you now, and how much coins do you currently hold, if it's no secret?

I'm 18 years old. I personally hold less than 100 BTC and I have given my family a 100 BTC gold-plated bar plus 28 Casascius Series I coins (so technically no longer mine).

I have sold the 1000 BTC during the recent price spike for some investment in a new company (unrelated to Bitcoin or domains). Another (minor) reason was that  I felt that Bitcoin was overpriced.

I know very little about you, but I have read all of your responses in the thread and I can say with the utmost certainty that you are NOT 18 years of age.  With that said, if you're lying about that simple fact, then I have significant doubts about everything else you're saying.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:11:19 PM

ZT, how do u feel about the funder of bitcoinica is now a funder of coinlab?

I have nothing but gratefulness for Tihan. Regardless of the result, he literally changed my life. I wouldn't ever call myself an entrepreneur without his support.

For the CoinLab thing, I really have no comment at the moment. I didn't follow this company very closely.
So, how old are you now, and how much coins do you currently hold, if it's no secret?

I'm 18 years old. I personally hold less than 100 BTC and I have given my family a 100 BTC gold-plated bar plus 28 Casascius Series I coins (so technically no longer mine).

I have sold the 1000 BTC during the recent price spike for some investment in a new company (unrelated to Bitcoin or domains). Another (minor) reason was that  I felt that Bitcoin was overpriced.

I know very little about you, but I have read all of your responses in the thread and I can say with the utmost certainty that you are NOT 18 years of age.  With that said, if you're lying about that simple fact, then I have significant doubts about everything else you're saying.

Hey, sometimes the age is not that obvious. You never know what you're talking to over the Internet.  Wink

That said, welcome back Ryan. It's been so long since your hiatus from here.
oakpacific

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:26:33 PM

Let me say a few things, Zhou Tong. I don't know if Bitcoinica was properly registered and where, but if it was, then CJH should be a member of the company and we should be able to see his name on some documents, or otherwise he shouldn't get access to the password, which is the company's assets, right? If you are not careful with that, then you have to prepare for the consequences, which is what you're experiencing now:you are unable to prove your innocence. For another, providing that you told the truth about the hacking incident, you were still being irresponsible for not properly storing the company's funds in cold wallets.

Whatever maybe the case, try to stay low key, your return will not be something worth celebrating about as many people, especially victims of the hacking incident, will remain suspicious about you.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 03:35:07 PM

Let me say a few things, Zhou Tong. I don't know if Bitcoinica was properly registered and where, but if it was, then CJH should be a member of the company and we should be able to see his name on some documents, or otherwise he shouldn't get access to the password, which is the company's assets, right? If you are not careful with that, then you have to prepare for the consequences, which is what you're experiencing now:you are unable to prove your innocence. For another, providing that you told the truth about the hacking incident, you were still being irresponsible for not properly storing the company's funds in cold wallets.

Whatever maybe the case, try to stay low key, your return will not be something worth celebrating about as many people, especially victims of the hacking incident, will remain suspicious about you.

The "password" to the LastPass account was found in the source code leaked by genjix. I didn't set it or leak the source code.

I have only heard of "innocent until proven guilty", not the other way round. Plus, how can innocence ever be proven? I can get a police clearance tomorrow, if you like.

EDIT: Clearly CJH is an outsider. Even I am not the member of the company. I sold Bitcoinica in 2011.

oakpacific

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:41:48 PM

The "password" to the LastPass account was found in the source code leaked by genjix. I didn't set it or leak the source code.

I have only heard of "innocent until proven guilty", not the other way round. Plus, how can innocence ever be proven? I can get a police clearance tomorrow, if you like.

EDIT: Clearly CJH is an outsider. Even I am not the member of the company. I sold Bitcoinica in 2011.

"Innocent until proven guilty" only works when you are facing a possible prosecution, doesn't apply when you're trying to get people's trust for your business.

Okay you may not give him the password, but how did you figure out it was him who did the hack? Did you have any evidence against him?

Kaiji

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Hoist the Colours

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:43:42 PM

For the newcomers benefit, can someone give a brief account on who zhou tong is? And what was his role in the bitcoinica fiasco.

Thanks in advance.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 03:50:49 PM

"Innocent until proven guilty" only works when you are facing a possible prosecution, doesn't apply when you're trying to get people's trust for your business.

Okay you may not give him the password, but how did you figure out it was him who did the hack? Did you have any evidence against him?

I was not asking for trust. I will build something that requires little trust (such as open source app, for example).

There was a credit card of Bitcoinica's accountant in the LastPass account used to pay some bills. CJH used that card to purchase stuff on Amazon shipped to a freight forwarder with his real name. The confirmation email was sent to the sock puppet email account.

I explained it 11 months ago and no one read.

oakpacific

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:03:08 PM

I was not asking for trust. I will build something that requires little trust (such as open source app, for example).

There was a credit card of Bitcoinica's accountant in the LastPass account used to pay some bills. CJH used that card to purchase stuff on Amazon shipped to a freight forwarder with his real name. The confirmation email was sent to the sock puppet email account.

I explained it 11 months ago and no one read.

That maybe exactly where the problem is? So did the corporation give all this information to you and ask you, a non-member to help with the investigation, or you just got access to the E-mail account? Sounds like quite a bit of mixup of personal/business affairs here.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: