Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People selling alts to go back in BTC  (Read 8270 times)
mastermold

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:24:48 PM

Yeah actually these are all those people who were scared of decrease in bitcoin price due to the possibility of hardfork. Many people invested in altcoins. But now as bitcoin prices are increasing, they all are coming back as there is no other better investment than bitcoin.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 11:33:08 PM

actually good news is still as effective, the problem is that there has been no proper good news. but there have been many proper bad news (bfx hack, split FUD,...).

the good news that most people think is good has been a random small country on the other side of the world that nobody has heard about started accepting bitcoin. but in reality this is not big. so you can't expect a big effect from it either.
and if there is a big one, i assure you that the effect will be the same as the FUD that causes crashes.
for example the halvening, or the recent one about ETF. we saw in both cases (proper good news) price went up a lot.

Countries (regardless of their importance/size) will not incorporate Bitcoin. That's one thing you don't have to focus on or dream about - it will never happen. At this point the only bit of good news that will massively bump the price as gentlemand also pointed at, is when pools finally reach consensus and allow Segwit to activate. It will mean that Bitcoin is finally able to move further. Everything else is not of any importance right now.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:49:50 AM

I literally just sold all my ETC and a bagful of DOGE in order to buy some more LTC.
Hopefully LTC will continue to rise (as segwit gets adopted) and the profit gained will be converted back into BTC.
This adds to what I originally said. I will stand by BTC as it will continue to retain its value. Other alts are good but nowhere near as reliable/predicable as the price of BTC is.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:37:19 AM

Until they realize the mempool is still full and transactions still take hours to verify (literally).

I don't think this recovery is going to last for very long until some drastic changes are made.
Simpan

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:12:52 AM

Until they realize the mempool is still full and transactions still take hours to verify (literally).

I don't think this recovery is going to last for very long until some drastic changes are made.

When the Core change the PoW as suggested by the core developer and activate the SW, then the price will drop a lot. I think altcoin is much safer.
poetra2501

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:40:23 AM

Yeah actually these are all those people who were scared of decrease in bitcoin price due to the possibility of hardfork. Many people invested in altcoins. But now as bitcoin prices are increasing, they all are coming back as there is no other better investment than bitcoin.
I don't think so, I prefer to altcoin investment than Bitcoin, because we can
see the price increases or price movement of altcoin is faster than the movement of Bitcoin.
With market price movement is so fast then the profits will be faster too for us get it.
york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:43:53 AM

I literally just sold all my ETC and a bagful of DOGE in order to buy some more LTC.
Hopefully LTC will continue to rise (as segwit gets adopted) and the profit gained will be converted back into BTC.
This adds to what I originally said. I will stand by BTC as it will continue to retain its value. Other alts are good but nowhere near as reliable/predicable as the price of BTC is.

Worst move ever. Dumping ETC for a SegWit hype. Litecoin goes up because of SegWit not because of Litecoin. If SegWit doesnt moon litecoin, nothing will. Litecoin is a dead zombiecoin thats moving because of SegWit. It wont stay on this levels and we all know it.
blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:01:00 PM

Worst move ever. Dumping ETC for a SegWit hype. Litecoin goes up because of SegWit not because of Litecoin. If SegWit doesnt moon litecoin, nothing will. Litecoin is a dead zombiecoin thats moving because of SegWit. It wont stay on this levels and we all know it.

It's also starting to become clear that it is a direct response to everything that is wrong with BTC (and by some large members of the community).

How ironic it will be if a huge part of LTC's adoption is because BTC is overly backlogged, and refuses to go with the community consensus to improve it.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:13:35 PM

This is the normal rule of market trading that when Bitcoin price is high then just buy Altcoin which are good and potential and whose price is down and when altcoin market is rising that time start selling altcoin and you are back in bitcoin. Like this both side profit earning. This is the golden rule followed by big traders and earning smartly.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:19:54 PM

i think this is what is happen in the market, people wants to raise their capital by sold their altcoin stock so they can have much more bitcoin and then they can exchange from bitcoin into fiat. i think its normal condition when we see that we can make big money by selling our bitcoin and this is what i am doing too when i look bitcoin price is increase high. if bitcoin price is increase then altcoin will be down for a moment and wait after bitcoin gets stable price and gets up again.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Simpan

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:21:17 PM

i think this is what is happen in the market, people wants to raise their capital by sold their altcoin stock so they can have much more bitcoin and then they can exchange from bitcoin into fiat. i think its normal condition when we see that we can make big money by selling our bitcoin and this is what i am doing too when i look bitcoin price is increase high. if bitcoin price is increase then altcoin will be down for a moment and wait after bitcoin gets stable price and gets up again.

If the Core developers do not increase the block size, the price will not be much higher.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:26:51 PM

Looks like the bottom was 8XX, now that the hard fork fears are going down and bitcoin unlimited is pretty much dead beyond any reasonable expectative, I can see more and more people jumping back in the Bitcoin train. Looks like ETH already peaked and BTC bottomed.
Another rise and fall in cryptocurrencies trading, it's normal cycle how the market suddenly change everyday. We love when bitcoin price increase but is it good decision to cash out or waiting for higher price, or else hold it until $2000.
When a good altcoin with low price but seems has potential to grow up, that is the right time to buy and for some coins it's already over when people sold and buy bitcoin. However, no need to panic because the cycle will be repeated again.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:33:03 PM

Looks like the bottom was 8XX, now that the hard fork fears are going down and bitcoin unlimited is pretty much dead beyond any reasonable expectative, I can see more and more people jumping back in the Bitcoin train. Looks like ETH already peaked and BTC bottomed.
Another rise and fall in cryptocurrencies trading, it's normal cycle how the market suddenly change everyday. We love when bitcoin price increase but is it good decision to cash out or waiting for higher price, or else hold it until $2000.
When a good altcoin with low price but seems has potential to grow up, that is the right time to buy and for some coins it's already over when people sold and buy bitcoin. However, no need to panic because the cycle will be repeated again.

That is called fluctuation when we are talking about the price and  yes it is normal.  Altcoin value are not pegged to Bitcoin but to dollar so definitely when Bitcoin goes up, altcoin will be less in value, reason why many altcoin holders starting to sell their altcoin at the start of Bitcoin price increase.  Then rebuy when Bitcoin is about to decline or attain their target price to increase their altcoin holdings.  Veteran traders makes the best profit out of this event.
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:44:51 PM

I'm think of getting rid of my ethereum and going into litecoin.
For now it is looking attractive but as we all know the tides can turn all so suddenly.
So be wary what you do with this alt coins.
Just have to go with the flow while they are riding high then dump them when it starts to look they are sliding
Just like the ship in the titanic. Embarrassed

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
Roger Burton

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:02:19 AM

Of course they did, bcs they see that the price of BTC is more stable and every day is more higher than the previous day. Nobody won't to risk his money, and they know that btc is more credible than the other alts.
york780

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:04:20 AM

Of course they did, bcs they see that the price of BTC is more stable and every day is more higher than the previous day. Nobody won't to risk his money, and they know that btc is more credible than the other alts.
You forgot to mention that 90% of the alts died after a couple of years lol.
It very fun to watch historical snapshots on coinmarketcap.
So many alts dead, so many souls lost. So many players rekt and destroyed for ever.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:09:11 PM

Because some of alts is depending on the bitcoin price when the bitcoin price is decreasing alt price will be increase rapidly when they already saw that bitcoin price is pumped they will sold their alts to be sure that they will still earned profit.  And if im going to choose which coins i will be choosing i'll always choose bitcoin.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:12:50 PM

So many alts dead, so many souls lost. So many players rekt and destroyed for ever.

the thing is most people are new to altcoins, and they either don't know the history or don't look for it.
there have been lots of altcoins with the similar claims (e.g. talking about replacing bitcoin) and they got pumped a lot and the volumes were crazy but none of them are even around anymore.

and those who know this are silently trading and dumping these altcoins for newbies who buy them after the pump Wink

There is a FOMO brewing...
york780

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:21:21 PM

the thing is most people are new to altcoins, and they either don't know the history or don't look for it.
there have been lots of altcoins with the similar claims (e.g. talking about replacing bitcoin) and they got pumped a lot and the volumes were crazy but none of them are even around anymore.

and those who know this are silently trading and dumping these altcoins for newbies who buy them after the pump Wink

bbbut crypto 2.0 bbbuut good dev and some great marketing.
Muhhh undervalued  Roll Eyes
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:02:21 PM

Because some of alts is depending on the bitcoin price when the bitcoin price is decreasing alt price will be increase rapidly when they already saw that bitcoin price is pumped they will sold their alts to be sure that they will still earned profit.  And if im going to choose which coins i will be choosing i'll always choose bitcoin.

Choice is upto yours. Even altcoins may increase in price within some years but not compare to bitcoins however you may get the profit by that if you are a long term bitcoin holder stick to bitcoin itself. Sure you will be a millionaire within 10 years, It may 10000$ worth at that time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: