Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:09:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Million Bitcoin Page (Official)  (Read 3250 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:00:42 PM

My ignore button isn't golden, your is, thus the conclusion that you are a troll.

You make conclusions of other people's intentions based solely on a color? Where have we all seen that mentality before?

I get my "ignore color" first and foremost because I paid Theymos to make the forum do exactly that for everyone's amusement (You're welcome). Secondly, the specific color displayed reflects the actions of certain individuals who couldn't take what I dished out.

Now the real question is, would you still feel that I was a troll solely by my ignore color if you shared the same ignore color?

tmbp (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:40:20 PM

My ignore button isn't golden, your is, thus the conclusion that you are a troll.

You make conclusions of other people's intentions based solely on a color? Where have we all seen that mentality before?

I get my "ignore color" first and foremost because I paid Theymos to make the forum do exactly that for everyone's amusement (You're welcome). Secondly, the specific color displayed reflects the actions of certain individuals who couldn't take what I dished out.

Now the real question is, would you still feel that I was a troll solely by my ignore color if you shared the same ignore color?

All I'm saying is that it's quite ironic to catch you trollin' with an untrustworthy title and a golden ignore button, even if I had one just like that you would never catch me trolling in other peoples threads so it wouldn't be as ironic.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:43:24 PM

All I'm saying is that it's quite ironic to catch you trollin' with an untrustworthy title and a golden ignore button, even if I had one just like that you would never catch me trolling in other peoples threads so it wouldn't be as ironic.

I'll make a deal with you. I'll deal with the irony just fine if you can deal with other people's criticisms with integrity. I've been here 2 years. You're going to see me around. I'm going to be criticizing other things you do too. Eventually, you'll understand why and maybe even thank me. Until then, feel free to click "ignore" like many other have. It's easier, of course.

tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:48:04 PM

I'll make a deal with you. I'll deal with the irony just fine if you can deal with other people's criticisms with integrity.

I do deal with any reasonable criticisms with complete integrity, on the contrary, I encourage everyone to comment on the design and so on. What I don't like is utter fools looking to troll in various threads, genuine criticism is based on love and caring, the aim is to make the subject better and work more efficiently, trolls however simply write collections of tasteless insults that aim to lower the subject and ultimately destroy it/him/her.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:51:30 PM

trolls however simply write collections of tasteless insults that aim to lower the subject and ultimately destroy it/him/her.

Well, there you go, that's most definitely not me. Everyone here knows me as being a supporter in fact. I co-founded the Bitcoin Magazine, and founded the DCAO 2 years ago for the same reason I'm criticizing "The Million Bitcoin Page"-- to raise standards and quality in the community.

Do not confuse aggression aimed at a project as being meant for their creator. That's a sign of an emotional attachment to project, which usually ends badly.

tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:52:56 PM

trolls however simply write collections of tasteless insults that aim to lower the subject and ultimately destroy it/him/her.

Well, there you go, that's most definitely not me. Everyone here knows me as being a supporter in fact. I co-founded the Bitcoin Magazine, and founded the DCAO 2 years ago for the same reason I'm criticizing "The Million Bitcoin Page"-- to raise standards. If the end result is to destroy the page, that is not the same thing as destroying the person.

Basically you suggest I buy some of my own pixels - thanks for your suggestion. Any other suggestions?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:56:13 PM

Well, there you go, that's most definitely not me. Everyone here knows me as being a supporter in fact. I co-founded the Bitcoin Magazine, and founded the DCAO 2 years ago for the same reason I'm criticizing "The Million Bitcoin Page"-- to raise standards. If the end result is to destroy the page, that is not the same thing as destroying the person.

Basically you suggest I buy some of my own pixels - thanks for your suggestion. Any other suggestions?

Yes, make a site that hasn't been done a dozen times before (in some offshoot version). Someone who made a SatoshiDice clone can change it all the want, it's still a clone that adds no major value to the previous one. There are some pretty high standards to follow here if you're honestly asking for criticisms.

Instead of a pixel site selling space, which in my opinion is pointless on a site that isn't already popular (e.g. MtGox selling space would be a HUGE hit now wouldn't it?), why not try an original project? I have to go pick up dinner for my girlfriend and dogs. If you'll be around in a bit, I'd be happy to go over ideas with you. Creating is fun-- creating successful things is better though.

tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:20:41 PM

Yes, make a site that hasn't been done a dozen times before (in some offshoot version). Someone who made a SatoshiDice clone can change it all the want, it's still a clone that adds no major value to the previous one. There are some pretty high standards to follow here if you're honestly asking for criticisms.

Instead of a pixel site selling space, which in my opinion is pointless on a site that isn't already popular (e.g. MtGox selling space would be a HUGE hit now wouldn't it?), why not try an original project? I have to go pick up dinner for my girlfriend and dogs. If you'll be around in a bit, I'd be happy to go over ideas with you. Creating is fun-- creating successful things is better though.

Meh I believe there is some potential to this if (and a pretty big if) you can give it enough of a push marketing wise. Both S. Dice and MtGox are ideas that suck and have been executed by inexperienced teenagers that are made to look like total fools with the constant DDoS attacks.

I will evolve this idea and take it to a different location, perhaps modernize it a bit for 2013.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:22:59 PM

There are literally 12 of these for botcoin already and all of them are failures because they're completely unoriginal.

Also because they're made by clueless children with no idea of business.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:03:48 PM

There are literally 12 of these for botcoin already and all of them are failures because they're completely unoriginal.

Implying S. Dice and MtGox aren't also made by clueless children with no idea of business.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:37:01 PM

Implying S. Dice and MtGox aren't also made by clueless children with no idea of business.

How much money have you made from this? How much money has MtGox made? That doesn't sound like they have "no idea of business" to me, maybe an immature one though.

tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:40:41 PM

How much money have you made from this? How much money has MtGox made? That doesn't sound like they have "no idea of business" to me, maybe an immature one though.

If you evaluate how good of a person someone is, how much he contributed or even his ability in business by how much he has made then I really do pity you.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 03:05:16 PM

Question.  Why are you ruining your official support thread arguing with a known troll?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:14:29 PM

Had quite a number of unique visitors on the 23rd, still surprised no one had the testicles to bite the bullet yet

Here we can see you are complaining about a lack of customers buying pixels. I responded with a suggestion to improve business:

It's called seeding the jar. Learn to business.

You responded by changing the subject into one where you are now talking about yourself and instead of the site, then telling me that I "praise" a certain business (which I never did and I'm still confused as to what you were referring to):

I am in the creative mindset not the competitive one, I aim to create something new rather to compete for something that already exists, you people claim that business is praiseworthy when in reality its a godless fight for money, no honor in that.

In case you had confused my intentions to be attacking your idea instead of the business side, I clarified:

I'm "in the creative mindset" and the competitive one. I always aim to create something new rather than to compete for something that already exists. Competitive thinking helps protect your business though. If you're not interested in the business side of it (e.g. making money), then you must be in it for the feedback on your "art", and I think everyone gave their feedback already.

Instead of responding, you call me a "troll" (again, changing the subject);

Funny, I do go by the nickname of Atlas sometimes, your ignore button is golden, you're a troll.

After explaining that I'm not intending to troll, but just criticizing the idea itself, you made some rather bizarre statements, one of them being an outright lie:

My ignore button isn't golden, your is, thus the conclusion that you are a troll. One would even classify it as a fact rather than a personal opinion, the business is original, there is not a single one which is identical.

I then explained how ridiculous you sounded, to which you responded what I believed to be honestly and I figured we were done bickering:

You even went further to ask again for some advice and I at this point am believing that whatever bad impression was given before is now rectified and I might have a chance of actually communicating with you on the same topic.

But then you take the offensive and attack SDice and MtGox (troll?), something you so emphatically preached against just hours earlier, all while bringing up business once again like it was somehow suddenly important to you:

(remember, you don't care about business, only the creativity, right?)

I am in the creative mindset not the competitive one, I aim to create something new rather to compete for something that already exists, you people claim that business is praiseworthy when in reality its a godless fight for money, no honor in that.

I then ask you to clarify your attack against MtGox and SDice, you having not having produced a successful project yet whereas they have both produced insanely successful businesses (despite both having their flaws of course).

Now you change the subject again:

If you evaluate how good of a person someone is, how much he contributed or even his ability in business by how much he has made then I really do pity you.

I am now convinced you're an idiot and I'll leave your thread.

tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:23:56 PM

Question.  Why are you ruining your official support thread arguing with a known troll?

Dunno, any press is good press I guess  Wink

One love bro  Tongue
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:24:02 PM

If you don't then you're exactly the sort of idiot that has no business here.

Question.  Why are you ruining your official support thread arguing with a known troll?

One love bro  Tongue

Yeah. Child bereft of any idea of how to do business. Implying you're an idiot.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
tmbp (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:12:02 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2013, 09:34:39 AM by tmbp

If you don't then you're exactly the sort of idiot that has no business here.

One love bro  Tongue

Yeah. Child bereft of any idea of how to do business. Implying you're an idiot.

MPOE-PR, stop playing hard to get, let me take you out for dinner, watch a cheap zombie flick together, I'll let you caress my abs while I gently whisper "you mirin" in your ear.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:20:27 PM

I'm sure most of you heard about The Million Dollar Webpage, ...

That's so 1990's ... boring.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:53:05 PM

You buy something, someone buys from you and you make profit, someone buys from them and they make profit...reminiscent of a Ponzi scheme
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:55:12 AM

This thread went from "meh" to "hilarious" with almost no trolling required whatsoever. Huzzah for an amusing read!

But it's still a dumb site idea.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: