Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:28:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo Mining Feathercoin (FTC)  (Read 3490 times)
micky123 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:35:55 PM

Hi All,

Off late i have been very lucky in some pools and have found quite a few blocks while mining Feathercoin (FTC). Now i want to see if that luck holds, so i am trying to set up solo mining of feather coin. I downloaded the QT and synced it all up, but beyond this i am unsure how to proceed. A search in this forum and the feathercoin forum elicited no response, all the existing guides seem to have been lost in the coin transition algo from scrypt to neoscrypt. Hence the need to post this question. If anyone has a link to a guide or who can help setup solo mining, i would be grateful for your help!

Thanks in advance,
micky123

P.S. I am using nsgminer v0.9.2 for pool mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 08:28:35 PM

Hi All,

Off late i have been very lucky in some pools and have found quite a few blocks while mining Feathercoin (FTC). Now i want to see if that luck holds, so i am trying to set up solo mining of feather coin. I downloaded the QT and synced it all up, but beyond this i am unsure how to proceed. A search in this forum and the feathercoin forum elicited no response, all the existing guides seem to have been lost in the coin transition algo from scrypt to neoscrypt. Hence the need to post this question. If anyone has a link to a guide or who can help setup solo mining, i would be grateful for your help!

Thanks in advance,
micky123

The luck might hold, but FTC blocks are not too expensive. using a pool will result in the same profit as solo mining in the long run, but a pool gives you a steady flow of coins. I'm not even sure that FTC is worth mining nowadays, you might wanna check it out against newer coins.
micky123 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:55:36 PM

Hi All,

Thanks in advance,
micky123

The luck might hold, but FTC blocks are not too expensive. using a pool will result in the same profit as solo mining in the long run, but a pool gives you a steady flow of coins. I'm not even sure that FTC is worth mining nowadays, you might wanna check it out against newer coins.

Well they go for 1100 satoshi each and block rewards range from 50 to 200, if i manage to hit a couple blocks every day, i should be able to make a profit since my cards will be undervolted anyhow! The newer coins do not seem to inspire too much confidence. I do mine ETH, ETC and ZEC on and off but the thrill of hitting a block while mining solo is a thrill i want to experience Cheesy.

micky123 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:46:46 PM

Bump!

I guess no one really mines this coin anymore. It is quite surprising to see some huge hash power on coinotron from time to time (when the difficulty reduces). I have seen hash power upwards of 100 MH, i don't think this is a dead coin if people are throwing that much hash power its way! Still hopeful! Smiley

antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:15:09 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 09:31:11 PM by antantti

...It is quite surprising to see some huge hash power on coinotron from time to time (when the difficulty reduces).

Profit switching pools come to ftc when there are easy blocks available.

Solo works just like with every other qt-wallet, edit feathercoin.conf to fit your needs. Not sure if I remember right but solomining might be broken with newer wallets so you need to use older qt-wallet.
TeamGreen

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 10:43:48 PM

Bump!

I guess no one really mines this coin anymore. It is quite surprising to see some huge hash power on coinotron from time to time (when the difficulty reduces). I have seen hash power upwards of 100 MH, i don't think this is a dead coin if people are throwing that much hash power its way! Still hopeful! Smiley

It wasn't that TeamGreen guy on Coinotron was it?  Wink
micky123 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:25:33 AM

Bump!

It wasn't that TeamGreen guy on Coinotron was it?  Wink

idk now! You tell me? If it was the same guy, he is mining anonymously! Wink Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: