Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:07:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which wallet should I select?  (Read 1460 times)
oldseven (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:15:42 AM

Recently, I was busy with selecting bitcoin wallet. But still not decided. Looking for some suggestion.
What's I need? As following:
1.Running a  full node.
2. Support BIP32/44.
3. Support Cold Storage or Hardware Wallet.
Above three must be satisfied.
4.Multi-signature.
5. Support  sending bitcoin as a batch.

I already installed Armory and Bitcoin Core on win10. But Armory doesn't support BIP32.

Above all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 03:31:43 AM

Bitcoin Core and Armory are pretty much your only choices for a full node wallet. There is mSigna, but I don't think it is supported or developed anymore. The latest version of Bitcoin Core meets all of your criteria.

If you only want BIP 32 support because BIP 32 wallets are deterministic, i.e. you only need one backup, then Armory will also work as it is also a deterministic wallet (it was deterministic before BIP 32 existed). We are working on implementing BIP 32 for Armory, so that will be available in the next release or two.

oldseven (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:46:33 AM

Bitcoin Core and Armory are pretty much your only choices for a full node wallet. There is mSigna, but I don't think it is supported or developed anymore. The latest version of Bitcoin Core meets all of your criteria.

If you only want BIP 32 support because BIP 32 wallets are deterministic, i.e. you only need one backup, then Armory will also work as it is also a deterministic wallet (it was deterministic before BIP 32 existed). We are working on implementing BIP 32 for Armory, so that will be available in the next release or two.

Thanks for your quick response.

I also consider mSigna is not supported anymore because the last version is issued at Nov 2015 and the document cann't be downloaded properly.

I need a BIP32 public key like "xpub..." for my straight server(payment gateway). Straight server can generate bitcoin addresses with the xpub.

And when payment is confirmed, the bitcoin will straightly go to my wallet account which the xpub belongs to. So can Armory apply this kind of public key?

Any solutions for me? Thanks.
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 03:56:57 AM

I need a BIP32 public key like "xpub..." for my straight server(payment gateway). Straight server can generate bitcoin addresses with the xpub.
In that case, then no full node wallet does what you want since BIP 32 does not always allow the xpub to generate addresses. When hardened addresses are used (they are considered more secure), the xpub is pretty much useless as it cannot be used to generate all of the addresses in a wallet.

And when payment is confirmed, the bitcoin will straightly go to my wallet account which the xpub belongs to. So can Armory apply this kind of public key?
Armory does have something somewhat similar. It has watching-only wallets which do not contain the private keys and is capable of generating every single address that will be used by the wallet. However using this on a server may not work as you would have to use armoryd and armoryd is out of date and not really supported.

oldseven (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:48:15 AM

In that case, then no full node wallet does what you want since BIP 32 does not always allow the xpub to generate addresses. When hardened addresses are used (they are considered more secure), the xpub is pretty much useless as it cannot be used to generate all of the addresses in a wallet.
Ok. But I really need the xpub key. What should I do?

achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 01:43:18 PM

Then no software meets your requirements.

You can setup a local electrum server (which is a full node) and have the electrum client (on the same server) connect to your electrum server. That would provide exactly what you want, but it may be fairly difficult to setup.

oldseven (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:12:21 AM

Then no software meets your requirements.

You can setup a local electrum server (which is a full node) and have the electrum client (on the same server) connect to your electrum server. That would provide exactly what you want, but it may be fairly difficult to setup.

Thanks a lot. I will try this solution. It sounds a good idea.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: