Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:21:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Give me a reason to trust Satoshi (BTC) over Wu Jihan (BTU)  (Read 495 times)
shannen87 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:32:47 AM

Give me a reason to trust Satoshi (BTC) over Wu Jihan (BTU)
Why trust  a faceless person who's hiding over a full team of devs not afraid to say who they are.
Why stay in an 'early version' of anything (in this case BTC) and not switch over to a new upgraded one? (BTU)
The one and only reason not to switch would be if I was a big BTC holder afraid to lose my capita.
Guess what, I am not and I want the upgraded version, the faster, the cheaper, the 2017!
'I don't want a Blackberry over an iPhone. Thank you.'
Viscount

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:53:13 AM

Satoshi thinks about decentralization and doesn't care about money, he didn't even spend one satoshi yet.
And Jihad is just greedy monopolist who doesnt want to low fees and trying to take control over block size in order not to increase it and oppose segwit for the same reason.
I myself definetely trust Satoshi (BTC) more, than Wu and Vermin (BTU)
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:55:02 AM

nobody is forcing you to do so.
you can trust whatever you want, bitcoin is decentralized and nobody needs to convince others what to choose. you need to come up with it yourself. if you end up finding X better then go with X and if you found Y better then go with Y.

heck you can even go to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0 and choose whichever you find more "trustable" than bitcoin.
only time and consensus and the price which shows amount of adoption will tell who was right and who wasn't.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
isen

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 09:32:05 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 10:43:31 AM by isen

Apples and oranges, this comparison (Satoshi vs. Jihan) does not make any sense at all, the real debate is between core and BUgcoin developers.
Anyway, we agree that Bitcoin needs some improvement and that segwit may not be the perfect solution, but there is no doubt that BTU is not the way to go.
SA Bitcoin Brothers

Activity: 112
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 09:40:48 AM

No to BTU. Yes to Softfork
Kvazimoda

Activity: 287

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:25:25 AM

nobody is forcing you to do so.
you can trust whatever you want, bitcoin is decentralized and nobody needs to convince others what to choose. you need to come up with it yourself. if you end up finding X better then go with X and if you found Y better then go with Y.

heck you can even go to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0 and choose whichever you find more "trustable" than bitcoin.
only time and consensus and the price which shows amount of adoption will tell who was right and who wasn't.

Yes, you are right, we can not now guess which of them will win. Our assumptions can be destroyed. But I would like bitcoin to remain the same as he was before
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: