Bitcoin Forum
February 18, 2020, 12:28:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dice isn't dice?  (Read 745 times)
dannon
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 71
Merit: 10


View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:09:03 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 08:08:22 PM by dannon
 #1

I noticed that all of the dice sites don't resemble rolling actual dice. They just give a random number between 1 and 100. Why is that? I don't know if I would call that dice. Seems more like pick high or low and bet on what number will be generated.

Do people not like actual 6 sided dice?

Sad Sad Anyone else sick of trying to join signature campaigns and being denied after you have worn their signature for a week? Sad Sad
1581985719
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1581985719

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1581985719
Reply with quote  #2

1581985719
Report to moderator
1581985719
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1581985719

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1581985719
Reply with quote  #2

1581985719
Report to moderator
1581985719
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1581985719

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1581985719
Reply with quote  #2

1581985719
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1581985719
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1581985719

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1581985719
Reply with quote  #2

1581985719
Report to moderator
1581985719
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1581985719

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1581985719
Reply with quote  #2

1581985719
Report to moderator
1581985719
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1581985719

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1581985719
Reply with quote  #2

1581985719
Report to moderator
BitcoinHodler
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 1260
Merit: 562


HODLing is an art, not just a word...


View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:32:30 AM
 #2

interesting question, since it is not really "dice" so i don't know why they call it that. but i suppose part of this game design is because you can actually change the chance of win/lose whereas in a 6 sided dice you will always have the same chance. you pick a number among only 6 choices and roll. that is it!

but in these "dice" games, you can have from 0.01% chance to 99.99% chance of winning or losing based on your choice.

███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████
#1
███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████
BTC 
  ●
   BTC
  BTC   
.
    ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
 ▄██▀
███        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
▀███▄▄▄▄▀▀▀                 ▀▀▄▄
  ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀
   ▄█▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀██▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      ▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀██▄  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        ▀█▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀█▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            █▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
             ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
.
     BTC
  BTC   
  ●
  BTC   
███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████
███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████
FlightyPouch
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 1232
Merit: 287


View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:44:39 AM
 #3

interesting question, since it is not really "dice" so i don't know why they call it that. but i suppose part of this game design is because you can actually change the chance of win/lose whereas in a 6 sided dice you will always have the same chance. you pick a number among only 6 choices and roll. that is it!

but in these "dice" games, you can have from 0.01% chance to 99.99% chance of winning or losing based on your choice.

Well it is a gambling game which is used to bet to win easy money, many people will be attracted by it, so, the house will do something to make these game easier for them to earn profit, than the gamblers, so they increase the risk by making the 6 faced dice into 100 faced dice. Higher risk for the gamblers, higher profit for them.

daringdiscovered
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 700
Merit: 500


View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:44:50 AM
 #4

interesting question, since it is not really "dice" so i don't know why they call it that. but i suppose part of this game design is because you can actually change the chance of win/lose whereas in a 6 sided dice you will always have the same chance. you pick a number among only 6 choices and roll. that is it!

but in these "dice" games, you can have from 0.01% chance to 99.99% chance of winning or losing based on your choice.

Correct, it would be boring and going like you are going on a real Casino if here in the gambling sites, we could also see a 6 sided Dice, that is why they have implemented this idea that a Dice game here on the online Casinos would not be a 6 sided Dice instead a 1-100% random numbers, I mean the chances of winning is base on the percentage that you have set before you make a roll is completely random.

Though we can't see a 6 sided Dice rolling, but, the truth is it is like an imaginary Dice that we are playing here in the Online Casinos.
Bitinity
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1087



View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:43:18 PM
 #5

I noticed that all of the dice sites don't resemble rolling actual dice. They just give a random number between 1 and 100. Why is that? I don't know if I would call that dice. Seems more like pick high or low and bet on what number will be generated.

Do people not like actual 6 sided dice?


Thats exactly what I thought when I knew online bitcoin dice game, I thought it is a 6 sided dice like what I experienced in real life dice game. Actually there is pocketdice which can fulfil your needs, pocketdice uses 2 dices and the rolling is like what actual dice should be.
I my self prefer to bet on dice site with 0-99 number because it is more fun than actual 6 sided dice.




.




  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

            ▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

    ██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██




               ▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Oilacris
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 529


View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:04:59 PM
 #6

When i first encounter about a dice game when i was still a newbie and dont have any idea about gambling when i do first heard about dice game i thought the same as yours which a dice game whose sides are 6 and just betting on what would be the number would roll out but when i tried to play its really a different story.
Sniper44
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 714
Merit: 501


View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:38:23 PM
 #7

I noticed that all of the dice sites don't resemble rolling actual dice. They just give a random number between 1 and 100. Why is that? I don't know if I would call that dice. Seems more like pick high or low and bet on what number will be generated.

Do people not like actual 6 sided dice?


i thought about this but the 6 sided dice would become boring so fast because you can't really make any strategies based on it and it is just picking number out of 6 numbers which is not a good chance of winning. (1 out of 6 instead of 50%=1 out of 2).

and if i wanted to do that i would play a coin flip which has only 2 results, heads or tails, and have a completely 50-50 chance kind of game to play.

to the moon with bitcoin...
torry28
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001


View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:44:51 PM
 #8

I noticed that all of the dice sites don't resemble rolling actual dice. They just give a random number between 1 and 100. Why is that? I don't know if I would call that dice. Seems more like pick high or low and bet on what number will be generated.

Do people not like actual 6 sided dice?

I prefer with dice game just like now. It's more fun compare 6 sided dice. If you want a real dice game (6 sided dice), just go to pocket dice, because they are the only one gambling site which offers betting like "real dice" or 6 sided dice.

but in these "dice" games, you can have from 0.01% chance to 99.99% chance of winning or losing based on your choice.
There are some dice site which have 1% - 98% chance of winning (Rollin.io) and 0.0001% - 98.99% winning chance (Justdice, Bitdice, Bit-Exo)
ralle14
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1212


bustadice.com


View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:16:20 PM
 #9

interesting question, since it is not really "dice" so i don't know why they call it that. but i suppose part of this game design is because you can actually change the chance of win/lose whereas in a 6 sided dice you will always have the same chance. you pick a number among only 6 choices and roll. that is it!

but in these "dice" games, you can have from 0.01% chance to 99.99% chance of winning or losing based on your choice.
Yup mostly this and because the multiplier will also be the same with a 6 sided dice some people would want to change it in their own preferred multiplier.

For OP.
Some users already mentioned pocketdice as a (2)6 sided dice  they have a higher house edge compared to the most popular dice sites now.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
romero121
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1048


World's Best Fully Featured Cryptocurrency Casino


View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:35:00 PM
 #10

Developing a dice game with six faces getting rolled along with the graphic, multimedia and algorithmic program might be tedious and not easily understandable. The present dice games were easily understandable​, for which such a simple way of dice is used in most of the websites.




.




  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

            ▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

    ██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██




               ▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
piloder
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006


View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:35:15 PM
 #11

Do people not like actual 6 sided dice?
Have you checked https://pocketdice.io/ they have actual six sided dice. They are also pretty old and can be trusted, i have played with them personally for many times without any problems.
izanagi narukami
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1027



View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:59:25 PM
 #12

More numbers more variative way to win ! compare if you play with real dice ( 1-6 )
The important parts is no matter what dice they offer, make sure that their algorithm is provably fair usually you will got the recommendation from expert of community feedback

Smiley
Gotottack
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 882
Merit: 506


View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:07:39 PM
 #13

More numbers more variative way to win ! compare if you play with real dice ( 1-6 )
The important parts is no matter what dice they offer, make sure that their algorithm is provably fair usually you will got the recommendation from expert of community feedback

It's still the same though, regardless of how many numbers your dice game has. It still has a chance of winning and a payout. The payout will always not be an equal EV and usually they will put a house edge and thus is always negative EV. So no matter how you spin off the dice, it will just be the same hi-lo game.
michaelch
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 283
Merit: 250



View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:53:49 AM
 #14

I prefer real life dice games, like craps
Ziskinberg
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 568


PlayYourBet.com - 100% Deposit Bonus Up to €2000


View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:14:35 AM
 #15

I noticed that all of the dice sites don't resemble rolling actual dice. They just give a random number between 1 and 100. Why is that? I don't know if I would call that dice. Seems more like pick high or low and bet on what number will be generated.

Do people not like actual 6 sided dice?

Maybe the logo where we see a picture of a dice would justify that they are operating a dice game, never thought of that before actually until I see your post. You have a great observation and I cannot further explain why it's called as dice, the only thing I know is that games gives us fast result and that is fun when we are so lucky.

xypos
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 504
Merit: 250


View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:19:10 AM
 #16

I noticed that all of the dice sites don't resemble rolling actual dice. They just give a random number between 1 and 100. Why is that? I don't know if I would call that dice. Seems more like pick high or low and bet on what number will be generated.

Do people not like actual 6 sided dice?


The reason is that you can get an infinite amount of sides on a dice, and still call it a dice game.

Casinos usually go up to the nearest hundredth decimal place, which means that there is "10,000 sides" in the dice, if you like.

People like to have more possibilities than 6 outcomes. People like the idea of having control over their own bets, choosing their own odds. And bitcoin dice offers that. If you want to play traditional dice, then maybe you should try sites like pocketdice.io.
Wendigo
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1032



View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:21:50 AM
 #17

I noticed that all of the dice sites don't resemble rolling actual dice. They just give a random number between 1 and 100. Why is that? I don't know if I would call that dice. Seems more like pick high or low and bet on what number will be generated.

Do people not like actual 6 sided dice?


You could invite your friends over and gamble on rolling 6-sided dices if you so wish. However betting on events with only 6 possible outcomes means that the odds on these outcomes will be much lower than on, say, 100 possible outcomes. That's why people prefer to bet on these 'unreal' online dice sites where they can chase these elusive 9900x odds  Wink
Reid
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 1344
Merit: 554

English is a language.Not a measure of intellignce


View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:25:08 AM
 #18

I think the odds of winning will be higher if they just put that kind of Dice which is the real one.
That is why they made it to the higher numbers.
At other gambling sites it is call hi-low, I guess it is stuck with them.
I dont know if anyone file a complaint about this. You could start it if you want to.

Japinat
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 1428
Merit: 571



View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:32:42 AM
 #19

I think the odds of winning will be higher if they just put that kind of Dice which is the real one.
That is why they made it to the higher numbers.
At other gambling sites it is call hi-low, I guess it is stuck with them.
I dont know if anyone file a complaint about this. You could start it if you want to.
That's funny, there is nothing wrong with the actual format of the game, in the end it's proven probably fair and we all play for a chance to win.
In real dice it has 6 sides and I don't find it very attractive for gamblers, at least in the dice game that we are playing, we can choose what odds we want.
One gambler could choose a bigger payout and the other one could choose a lower payout and everything depends on their luck.

.
.
.
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
.
noodle_dam
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 531
Merit: 500



View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:55:31 AM
 #20

I noticed that all of the dice sites don't resemble rolling actual dice. They just give a random number between 1 and 100. Why is that? I don't know if I would call that dice. Seems more like pick high or low and bet on what number will be generated.

Do people not like actual 6 sided dice?

I prefer with dice game just like now. It's more fun compare 6 sided dice. If you want a real dice game (6 sided dice), just go to pocket dice, because they are the only one gambling site which offers betting like "real dice" or 6 sided dice.

but in these "dice" games, you can have from 0.01% chance to 99.99% chance of winning or losing based on your choice.
There are some dice site which have 1% - 98% chance of winning (Rollin.io) and 0.0001% - 98.99% winning chance (Justdice, Bitdice, Bit-Exo)
Actually don't go to pocket dice.
There is an accusation they are not paying their players now and withholding winnings.
I think the site has gone bust so this is why they are not being able to do payouts.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!