Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:39:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price will be $5 by the end of this month  (Read 3750 times)
bacsilove (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:06:30 PM

Do you guys think that the price will be at $5/1BTC by the end of this month?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kw71

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:07:54 PM

I can't tell if this post has a purpose.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:08:12 PM

Who know? Maybe yes maybe not, i think not  Smiley

bacsilove (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:12:21 PM

I can't tell if this post has a purpose.

I just started mining last week and I need you guys opinion on the current situation with the price drop. Because if it is drops anymore I'd have to take my 3 5830 back to Frys.
kw71

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:13:52 PM

The topic you chose seems to be an answer to the question you've asked.  With your goal in mind, it seems counterproductive to make a statement such as your topic.
bacsilove (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:14:01 PM

Its looking pretty imminent  Cry I guess the bubble is bursting quicker than most people have expected.
buryfarmer

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

hi

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:14:26 PM

Newbies like to say the price will be $5 by next week.
People with Bitcoins will say the price will be $50 by next week.

And nobody has a clue!

But its still fun to guess. I reckon $25 by next saturday.
Philj

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:17:39 PM

Take em back while you can unless you want them for gaming. Mining isn't going to be able to pay back the cost of the cards any time soon, and it's getting worse.

Just my .02 BTC
Coolty

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:19:05 PM

Mining is definitely not a way for the average joe to make extra money. You have to be dedicated and know what you are doing.
kw71

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:23:47 PM

Philj I agree with you, it's not wise to go into debt over BTC and it wasn't before (but some people got lucky and won.)

Look at mtgox today, though, it's swinging wildly today with lots of volume.  So far today, anyone so inclined has been able to grow btc on mtgox.  Who knows how long these cycles will go on?  You don't need a high price for btc, you can also profit by growing them in the market.
bacsilove (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:25:40 PM

Take em back while you can unless you want them for gaming. Mining isn't going to be able to pay back the cost of the cards any time soon, and it's getting worse.

Just my .02 BTC

Thanks for the advice friend, I'll probably take them back later today. I can't deny the fact that it was a fun experience though. I'm gonna store my wallet.dat on a USB drive and put it in my closet. Hopefully when I pull them out 3 years from now, it'll still worth something.
Desu

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:31:14 PM

Its looking pretty imminent  Cry I guess the bubble is bursting quicker than most people have expected.
That's new technology for you, Its getting coverage so it probably will go up again. Plus, look at the charts, its following the same pattern it did before the last jump up.
cc5alive

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 05:35:07 PM

Based on no calculations whatsoever, I'm 98.3% positive that the value of BTC will be greater than or less than $5.  So quick... buy or sell!!!

Now accepting Bitcoin for the children's book "How to Keep Your Helicopter"
http://altanimus.com/product/how-to-keep-your-helicopter
bacsilove (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 05:43:02 PM

Based on no calculations whatsoever, I'm 98.3% positive that the value of BTC will be greater than or less than $5.  So quick... buy or sell!!!

Just hold on to it bro. All we can do now is hope for the best, but if it does hit $5 by the end of this month I don't think it'll come back up.
samablog

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 05:45:49 PM

Bitcoins are either worth zero or thousands each.  Much depends on events as they unfold.  Better clients developed with user friendliness in mind will help.  As will more vendors taking Bitcoins.  And of course, one can't ignore monetary policy.  A bet on Bitcoins is a bet on the future.  Day to day ups and downs are relatively meaningless imo.
eleb

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 06:14:14 PM

Just hold on to it bro. All we can do now is hope for the best, but if it does hit $5 by the end of this month I don't think it'll come back up.

I think that it's likely we'll see some more of a drop, but it could likely come back up in time - what it's going to take is a better economy outside of simply trading bitcoins for money.  If/when we see more sites taking them for more 'normal' purposes, there will be more of an incentive to spend them.   What's the final value going to be - don't know.  But that's not something that we'll know for a long time - even if it goes through a long down period.

Bleak Morn

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 06:25:00 PM

Do you guys think that the price will be at $5/1BTC by the end of this month?

Glad to see you're out of the hospital. First "the rapture", now the vague BTC prediction. Cheesy
Bleak Morn

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 06:27:45 PM

Because if it is drops anymore I'd have to take my 3 5830 back to Frys.

Please do. Fewer miners means more BTC for me. Smiley
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 06:28:55 PM

Someone just sold a shitton of bitcoin.

Be humble!
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 06:33:38 PM

There will be little (relatively speaking) dips now and then, but long term the price is only going up.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: