Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Elon Musk  (Read 1054 times)
Alexzap (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:28:52 PM

Elon Musk has announced the recruitment of scientific staff in implementing another of his ideas. He wants to implant people with brain electrodes for data exchange and computer control. What do you think about this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:20:52 PM

Elon Musk has announced the recruitment of scientific staff in implementing another of his ideas. He wants to implant people with brain electrodes for data exchange and computer control. What do you think about this?

Haven't read about this, but this doesn't sound feasible. While there has been some progress in the area, particularly with locked in patients and communication, actual implantation seems at least a decade away, given the red tape you have to wade to even conduct this research. Would be pretty cool, but this is a lot of R and D money that could be better spent at Tesla, or SolarCity. And I feel it would take a few years for software to catch up with a direct human communication paradigm.
canine2017

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:35:33 PM

Haven't read about this, but this doesn't sound feasible. While there has been some progress in the area, particularly with locked in patients and communication, actual implantation seems at least a decade away, given the red tape you have to wade to even conduct this research. Would be pretty cool, but this is a lot of R and D money that could be better spent at Tesla, or SolarCity. And I feel it would take a few years for software to catch up with a direct human communication paradigm.
And how "smart" prostheses, which are controlled by thoughts? The same already for a long time. Why do you think that it is impossible to manage the computer. I believe that this is possible. Another thing is that I would not interfere in the activities of your brain. If something goes wrong?
santaclaws

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

Horror Movie Phreak

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:07:54 PM

And how "smart" prostheses, which are controlled by thoughts? The same already for a long time. Why do you think that it is impossible to manage the computer. I believe that this is possible. Another thing is that I would not interfere in the activities of your brain. If something goes wrong?

There has been progress in this field now for a few years. I was just thinking about the prostheses that are controlled by your thoughts and also send touch sensations back into your brain. We have already figured out how to make this work.

I think this is a great idea. I would be into having the first chip installed. I just need it to be removable and upgrade able.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:39:53 PM

There has been progress in this field now for a few years. I was just thinking about the prostheses that are controlled by your thoughts and also send touch sensations back into your brain. We have already figured out how to make this work.

I think this is a great idea. I would be into having the first chip installed. I just need it to be removable and upgrade able.

I agree we have the technology, to an extent; I'm just saying the research so far has been to specific medical ends. To do this, for industry or consumer technology, that's a different sell. This would pretty much have to be privately funded research.

Give me three generations. They should have worked the bugs out by then, and I read entirely too much science fiction growing up to become a 'chip zombie' if someone fucks it all up, LOL.

If PlayStation needs three generations, actually, let me get 10.
Barmen

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:56:02 PM

I would not dare to me someone got into the brain. And suddenly there will get any computer viruses. From my point of view, the human body is perfect and upgrade it to the man is not necessary. Nature had already done.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 09:36:24 PM

I agree with you. I would not dare to let his brain computer technology. From this moment my brain is under threat of control from outside and I turn into a zombie. Moreover I do not understand why to do it. If the goal is only to not press the button this stuff. It seems to me that the most important thing in man is his brain, and in religion it is called a soul.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 09:45:14 PM

Cyborgs? This has been fought of over 30 years ago.
The idea of implanting people with mechanical organs to enhance their physical capabilities is great. Implanting the brain to allow it to connect with a computer is not.
Such link works both ways and can allow people to hack into our brains, maybe even take control over our bodies, delete our memories, even kill us. Any electronic equipment can act like an antenna, receive electromagnetic waves. This may allow people to literary electrocute those with implants by overloading their chips.

dondexter

Activity: 180

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 09:43:57 AM

Sounds quite invasive to our bodies and privacy. Maybe the world isn't quite ready for this level of technology.
Barrymore

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 10:05:27 AM

I hope that Elon Musk will not create Corporation "SkyNet" and the world really will not be on the verge of a Third world war with cyborgs. This is a very dangerous invention. If the human brain will be possible to control and program then I am afraid that this will lead to a large growth of terrorism in the world.
Ronxawala

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:10:28 AM

Why do it at all? I do not see any good intentions in this. It's more like managing people or creating cyborgs to fight ordinary humanity. I think his experiments will fail, otherwise mankind may come to an end.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 11:16:15 AM

You mean his plans on making the world's first working neural lace using his new company neuralink?

He has been on that topic actually since last year.

Elon musk is an absolute genius (yes i would even call him the hawking of this generation).

Not many years ago, we though gene mapping the human dna would be impossible , the same thing that crispr gene editing was taboo and near impossible.

Not many years ago, we had no confirmation that Higgs Boson  was a thing.

I would pretty much throw money into neuralink the moment he announces that he is looking for investors

ValeryBark

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:52:03 AM

You mean his plans on making the world's first working neural lace using his new company neuralink?

He has been on that topic actually since last year.

Elon musk is an absolute genius (yes i would even call him the hawking of this generation).

Not many years ago, we though gene mapping the human dna would be impossible , the same thing that crispr gene editing was taboo and near impossible.

Not many years ago, we had no confirmation that Higgs Boson  was a thing.

I would pretty much throw money into neuralink the moment he announces that he is looking for investors
I'm not sure that he is an absolute genius. I think he was obsessed with the idea of creating a new future. He finds like-minded people, and embodies inventions which can change the world. Though of course many of the technologies still require improvement and reduction in cost.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:05:18 PM

This is very inhumane since that could be very troublesome. Our brain is a very sensitive region in our body and must be treated carefully. Experimenting on it can cause brain damage to the person. Just imagine if the frequency waves or datas will overload then it will cause death to the person. This kind of experiment will cause brain damage, death or even mutation.
Challenger2015

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:18:05 PM

This is very inhumane since that could be very troublesome. Our brain is a very sensitive region in our body and must be treated carefully. Experimenting on it can cause brain damage to the person. Just imagine if the frequency waves or datas will overload then it will cause death to the person. This kind of experiment will cause brain damage, death or even mutation.
These problems affect those who agree to this experiment. Many people who do not want to learn will find it acceptable to implant into the brain of the computer. I do not like this idea. Besides, I'm more concerned that using such technologies, ordinary people can make terrorists and killers.
Mitcsell

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:23:29 PM

These problems affect those who agree to this experiment. Many people who do not want to learn will find it acceptable to implant into the brain of the computer. I do not like this idea. Besides, I'm more concerned that using such technologies, ordinary people can make terrorists and killers.

I also do not like this idea. Probably he wants to make universal soldiers out of people, launching a special program into his brain. Or even worse when, after such an experiment, live zombies will walk through the streets and try to eat other people's brains. It is a bad idea Undecided
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:01:27 PM

It's called a 'neural lace'.  Since neurons need a supply of oxygen there is already a nice road system in the brain called a circulatory system.  It's just a matter of 'laying cable' through it, and that's the kind of thing nano-technology is good at.  Basically, start it growing and supply the proper nutrients.

I suspect that the development is well underway as I write this, and possibly even near completion.  Watch for a flood of marketing about how useful and cool it will be to have your own neural lace fitted.

Watch also for the it being a 'social responsibility' for every individual to grow one 'for the common good'.  And also that refusing to do so will put others at risk.  I expect it to be a merger of some of the techniques used  by the vaccination propaganda and by the 'green' anti-energy propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOs-ib5STPE

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Basmaty1212

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:21:17 PM

If this technology gets to the secret services or terrorists, it could have very serious consequences. Why geneticists have banned the experiments on human beings? Because technology allows us to artificially raise soldiers. I think you need to ban this technology for the same reason.
Cherry Girl

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:29:17 PM

If this technology gets to the secret services or terrorists, it could have very serious consequences. Why geneticists have banned the experiments on human beings? Because technology allows us to artificially raise soldiers. I think you need to ban this technology for the same reason.
It seems to me that this is not even a matter of soldiers. It may be that the genetic clones at some point may fail and lead them to become impossible. This is a big problem.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:39:58 PM

I have always wondered if anyone would try and do that and lo and behold Elon Musk has started to implement it. If whats he is trying to achieve really works am sure we are going to enter into the age where Humans will make fake body or Surrogates in that Bruce Willis movies, we will stay indoors and mentally control our surrogates from our various houses. But am sure the military will take over it soon. Or what if its a military project all along.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:00:32 PM

Tech like this will arrive at some point. It won't be possible to uninvent it either. Never in human history has everyone agreed to not research and create something potentially advantageous. Someone, somewhere will do it.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:21:07 PM

Tech like this will arrive at some point. It won't be possible to uninvent it either. Never in human history has everyone agreed to not research and create something potentially advantageous. Someone, somewhere will do it.

Nothing new here.  It's basically the same thing as one proto-human figuring out that he could pick up a bone and crush the skull of a fellow proto-human.  Covered in 2001 among many other fables.

Witch burning and firing squads in their various historic forms were invented to discourage improper use of technology.  If the unwashed masses can have a say in the construction of rule-of-law and it's implementation, they may arrange some protection for themselves.  If not, sad day for that class.  It's an arms race of sorts, but again, it's nothing especially new.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:26:00 PM

And it will be the end of us at some point. There's so much that could go wrong in this project. If I were asked to participate in the program, my first thought would be:
-what if I get a virus from your network that will infect my brain?
Imagine in future being able to receive messages and calls directly into your brain, while doing something else. Sounds nice, but what if someone annoying starts to call you while you're sleeping or sends you a bug that taps into your thoughts?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Barrymore

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:32:09 PM

And it will be the end of us at some point. There's so much that could go wrong in this project. If I were asked to participate in the program, my first thought would be:
Imagine in future being able to receive messages and calls directly into your brain, while doing something else. Sounds nice, but what if someone annoying starts to call you while you're sleeping or sends you a bug that taps into your thoughts?
For me all pretty it sounds. I'll never let my brain anyone, but I think that if Elon musk will be able to implement this idea in the future one does not need to be schools. Downloaded my brain information and you already have the required amount of data.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:42:55 PM

Dude, that is THE whole point of the project!  It's not a secret since there is no other reason to do it.

If bad people have bad thoughts which can be detected and corrected before 'harm' is done then the rest of society will be safe and secure.  (And so will the leardership of course.)

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: