Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:51:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elon Musk  (Read 1052 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:00:32 PM

If this technology gets to the secret services or terrorists, it could have very serious consequences. Why geneticists have banned the experiments on human beings? Because technology allows us to artificially raise soldiers. I think you need to ban this technology for the same reason.

Tech like this will arrive at some point. It won't be possible to uninvent it either. Never in human history has everyone agreed to not research and create something potentially advantageous. Someone, somewhere will do it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:21:07 PM

If this technology gets to the secret services or terrorists, it could have very serious consequences. Why geneticists have banned the experiments on human beings? Because technology allows us to artificially raise soldiers. I think you need to ban this technology for the same reason.

Tech like this will arrive at some point. It won't be possible to uninvent it either. Never in human history has everyone agreed to not research and create something potentially advantageous. Someone, somewhere will do it.

Nothing new here.  It's basically the same thing as one proto-human figuring out that he could pick up a bone and crush the skull of a fellow proto-human.  Covered in 2001 among many other fables.

Witch burning and firing squads in their various historic forms were invented to discourage improper use of technology.  If the unwashed masses can have a say in the construction of rule-of-law and it's implementation, they may arrange some protection for themselves.  If not, sad day for that class.  It's an arms race of sorts, but again, it's nothing especially new.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:26:00 PM

And it will be the end of us at some point. There's so much that could go wrong in this project. If I were asked to participate in the program, my first thought would be:
-what if I get a virus from your network that will infect my brain?
Imagine in future being able to receive messages and calls directly into your brain, while doing something else. Sounds nice, but what if someone annoying starts to call you while you're sleeping or sends you a bug that taps into your thoughts?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Barrymore

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:32:09 PM

And it will be the end of us at some point. There's so much that could go wrong in this project. If I were asked to participate in the program, my first thought would be:
Imagine in future being able to receive messages and calls directly into your brain, while doing something else. Sounds nice, but what if someone annoying starts to call you while you're sleeping or sends you a bug that taps into your thoughts?
For me all pretty it sounds. I'll never let my brain anyone, but I think that if Elon musk will be able to implement this idea in the future one does not need to be schools. Downloaded my brain information and you already have the required amount of data.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:42:55 PM

Dude, that is THE whole point of the project!  It's not a secret since there is no other reason to do it.

If bad people have bad thoughts which can be detected and corrected before 'harm' is done then the rest of society will be safe and secure.  (And so will the leardership of course.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: