Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:50:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a list of Irreversible bitcoin transaction methods?  (Read 420 times)
Playboi (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:15:05 PM

Methods where once the money is deposited, it cannot be reversed. This thread will mainly be beneficial to sellers, to avoid any surprises. So far, I have been successful with:

Western Union
Money Gram
Face to Face Meet-up
Cash deposit to bank (for people in your country)
- these have been the only methods that have been 100% safe for me when selling.

Cash deposit to bank has been my personal fav to use, and the people I trade with locally are also comfortable with it.
How it works: The buyer goes into a branch with CASH, they give the cash to the teller and tell them "I want to make a cash deposit to the following account (and they give your account)."

The teller then places the cash in to the bank account and gives the buyer a receipt. The receipt shows that it was cash transaction, the time, recipients name, etc/

it's anonymous for the buyer since they don't have to give their info
there are no fees
you get a transaction receipt
It is convenient
and it is instant. The bitcoin seller can log into their online banking and see the transaction, or call their bank and ask about the most recent transaction.

The main downside is that if you don't have a bank drop, you'd have to give the buyer your name - which imo is not that bad anyways.

What are some IRREVERSIBLE methods of selling bitcoins?

The Worst for me has been:
Paypal -
* even with legitimate transaction, Paypal will freeze your account if you let money pile up in there. Always try to withdraw as soon as possible, and use middle man accounts.
*Currency Conversion fee's are fucked on paypal.
* Very easily reversible. Buyers dont even need any kind of evidence to reverse a payment lol.

EDIT: My bad, i placed this in the wrong section - mods plz move it
Boombastic77

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:20:19 PM

Hate to burst your bubble, but cash deposits can be reversed.
CalCoins

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:53:33 PM

Wire transfers are very secure.  Can't think of an instance in which one of them have been reversed.
Playboi (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:05:18 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 06:04:37 PM by Playboi

Hate to burst your bubble, but cash deposits can be reversed.

Care to elaborate?
I am not refferring to E-Transfers or transfers over the phone by the way - but the buyer going into the bank with cash, giving cash to the teller, and the teller depositing into your account

E-transfers and telephone transfers to the same bank can be reversed, which is why I did not include these.

------
I have not experimented much with Wire Transfers and BTC ... only about 10 transacitons with this method
They have been safe, however, the fee can be quite high for small amounts.
Boombastic77

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:40:38 PM

im talking about cash.  there are loopholes that people can exploit to get deposit back

not gonna elaborate publicly
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:51:16 PM

im talking about cash.  there are loopholes that people can exploit to get deposit back

Why can't you elaborate publicly? Because you perpetrate this crime and know those loopholes might derail any scam attempts?

Share the information for the safety of the bitcoin community. If you refuse to do so, there must be nefarious motives behind that refusal.

Scammers reverse cash deposits by walking into the bank and declaring the transaction as one done in error. Based on historical accounts of scammed victims on the Localbitcoins forum, criminals usually returned to the bank after the bitcoins were released and used the teller-validated receipt to reverse the transaction.

Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:03:35 AM

Wire transfers are very secure.  Can't think of an instance in which one of them have been reversed.
Here in the United States a Wire Transfer (or any other bank related exchange of cash) can be reversed by a court order (assuming the money ended up in a US account), however since it requires a court order it would probably be extremely hard for a Bitcoin exchange scammer to scam you of your money.

I'm not sure about it, but I'd guess that courts of other nations can probably do similar things.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Boombastic77

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:28:13 AM

im talking about cash.  there are loopholes that people can exploit to get deposit back

Why can't you elaborate publicly? Because you perpetrate this crime and know those loopholes might derail any scam attempts?

Share the information for the safety of the bitcoin community. If you refuse to do so, there must be nefarious motives behind that refusal.

Scammers reverse cash deposits by walking into the bank and declaring the transaction as one done in error. Based on historical accounts of scammed victims on the Localbitcoins forum, criminals usually returned to the bank after the bitcoins were released and used the teller-validated receipt to reverse the transaction.

No moron.  I didn't post it because most people don't know how or what to do.  But idiots like you post the blueprint. 
Playboi (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:07:42 PM

In 5+ years, I haven't had one cash transaction go bad. If you get a cash transaction to the bank reversed, it's because you didn't ask the bitcoin buyer to send a receipt stating that it's in cash ..

but it may just be an American thing where the banks would reverse a cash deposit.
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:54:35 PM

im talking about cash.  there are loopholes that people can exploit to get deposit back

In 5+ years, I haven't had one cash transaction go bad. If you get a cash transaction to the bank reversed, it's because you didn't ask the bitcoin buyer to send a receipt stating that it's in cash ..

but it may just be an American thing where the banks would reverse a cash deposit.
No, I’m pretty sure that American banks only reverse a Wire/Deposit after a court orders them to do so. I think @Boombastic77 is either referring to that or just plain screwing with us.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: