Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:05:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: small fee makes transactions faster  (Read 5087 times)
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:30:56 AM

why bitcoin transfer fee when most people give it in large quantities, but it will slow down the transaction itself, rather than using a bitcoin transfer fee sathosi 1000 it could be?

What is your opinion with bitcoin transfer with a large fee?

As far as I know, larger fee will be more likely to be confirmed first.  It is the rule of the code, and exploited by miners.  Miners prioritized higher fees, it is not how much fee we send but rather the ratio of the fee to the number of bytes sent.  It is possible for a 40k satoshi fee with transaction ratio of 200 sat/bytes to be confirmed first than 80k satoshi with transaction ratio of 80 sat/bytes.
MargonCreatives

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:43:00 AM

why bitcoin transfer fee when most people give it in large quantities, but it will slow down the transaction itself, rather than using a bitcoin transfer fee sathosi 1000 it could be?

I am not quite sure what you mean but remember fees paid is not counted in the transaction so it does not make the transaction bigger if you pay higher fees. Moreover though you should pay high fees to get fast confirmations but paying little fees can still get confirmed by either waiting or accelerating through viabtc

░░▒░     
        ░░▒▒▒░     
        ░▒▒▓▓░░   
░░░░░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░   
▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░░
▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒░
 ░░▒▓▓▒░░ ░░░▒▓▓▓▒▒
 ░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░▒▓▓▓▒▒░
 ░░▒▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
 ░░▒▓▓▒░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒
 ░░▒▓▓▒░░    ░▒▓▓▓▓
░░░▒▓▓▒░░░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▓
▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▓▓▓▓▒░░▒▒▒▒░░░░░
░░▒▓▓▓░░           
 ░▒▓▓▒░           
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:43:31 AM

Its hard to read your post but here my thoughts are simple for the bitcoin fee transactions .
Here exists a competition to pay high fee for the confirmation of your transaction , higher the fee higher the chance to get confirm in minute .
But beside of this factor it mainly depends upon the input and output of the bitcoin amount that you want transact .
So here it always remain more better that you should pay recommended fee that your wallet shows during transfer .
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:43:43 AM

I thought it was the opposite :p I don't know, maybe it works in a few cases, but every time I choose small or regular fee it takes ages to confirm the transaction :/ Maybe this happening bcs of the time you try to make a transaction, or maybe the amount you wanna send.
For other people and what i am experiencing i experience faster transactions time to time when it has a higher transaction fee on the mining pool.Because i think they prioritize transactions who pays more transaction fee than the transaction with small transaction fee.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:07:42 AM

And I'm confused, how come that the transaction fee would slow down the transaction fee? This transaction fee is for our transaction to processed in time, or even faster if we are going to pay high transaction fee, because we are going to be prioritized amongst those bitcoin users who didn't pay higher transaction fee.

If we don't want to pay some transaction fees, because it is too expensive for us, then we have to wait for long, for our transaction to get confirmed.

freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:41:20 AM

It's all about the power play game, miners are greedy and want to take as much fees as they can while they can but when they see their actions are hurting the future of bitcoin I'm sure they'll solve the fee issues once and for all we just have to give it time a little while longer.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:44:54 AM

I am not quite sure what you mean but remember fees paid is not counted in the transaction so it does not make the transaction bigger if you pay higher fees. Moreover though you should pay high fees to get fast confirmations but paying little fees can still get confirmed by either waiting or accelerating through viabtc
the greater the fee that you remove the miner will make your trasaction will be quickly confirmed as the miner will prioritize a larger fee
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:49:02 AM

There must be an upper cap for fee.I feel the current fee system is favourable to those who have lots of bitcoin because they can pay high fee when they want quick transaction.

Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:46:10 PM

I thought it was the opposite :p I don't know, maybe it works in a few cases, but every time I choose small or regular fee it takes ages to confirm the transaction :/ Maybe this happening bcs of the time you try to make a transaction, or maybe the amount you wanna send.
In regards to transaction I do not bother myself to think about the amount of which take for me to complete my transaction because at first we all know that bitcoin doesn't have tax so fee is just less compare to tax and I think that the fee is an amount we need to pay for the developers of bitcoin make it a better crypto-currency. And for me faster transaction always depends on the wallet you will choose to used. Many uses blockchain as a portal on transaction and for me I take it as my secondary wallet and coin.ph as my primary wallet because it more suitable to used an application wallet in terms of faster transaction.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lOvE mE forEvEr

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:11:01 PM

Excess bitcoin and cryptocurrency is the transaction quickly and costs are cheaper, I never thought bitcoin could like this, bitcoin users are increasing dramatically, skyrocketing prices, changing the way the internet transaction, and maybe will replace other internet payment like paypal, payza and more.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:41:29 PM

Transaction should be based on first come, first serve. Imagine queuing up inside a bank and the cashiers are competing with each other. Nonsense. Miners competing over fees isn't free market, it is centralisation as miners can decide which transaction to accept. Bitcoin is suppose to be decentralise, thus no nodes should have arbitrary decision making powers. Miners can only reject illegal transactions. All legal transactions must be accepted based on first come, first serve - until the block is full.

Now imagine queuing up inside a bank and you are in front of the queue. A dipstick lowlife with no manners jumped in front of you and offered a cashier $5 to be served first. Quite rightly those in the queue would eject the lowlife from the bank.

Fees should be fixed in the codes. Fixed under $0.10c. If bitcoin goes up to $5000 and stabalise around there for a month then an update wallet with fixed fees reduced in order to keep it under $0.1c must be release. No one should have centralised powers to manipulate the fees.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:46:19 PM

The validity of a transaction depends on several previous relevant transactions i.e
verification of previous transactions are needed in order to confirm the validity of the current transaction.Each sum of money that you have in your account is composed of several transactions through which you recieved those money.Larger sum means more number of transactions involved that means more number of transactions need to be verified.
I do not bother myself to think about the amount of which take for me to complete my transaction. At first before we used bitcoin we all know that bitcoin doesn't have tax or paying method for u to contribute with force. Fee is just little compare to tax so I think that the fee is an amount we need to pay for the developers of bitcoin make it a better crypto-currency. And for me faster transaction always depends on the wallet you will choose to used.
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:37:36 PM

Transaction fees are only part of the priority equation. Coin age is currently also a part of the equation, although core plan to remove this concept entirely in the next release.

Basically, if you have a unspent transaction output with a lot of confirmations on top of it, you can pay a lower fee than those who are spending a recently received unspent transaction output, and the lower fee transaction will get higher priority.

This is a good anti-spam measure to prevent the tragedy of the commons. The only argument against it would be in the name of fungibility.

Spammers can be sending the same UTXO amount over and over again with a high fee. If you have a UTXO with good coin age, you don't have to out compete the spammers. At least not yet anyway.

I sent three low fee lean transactions last week, one confirmed by BitFury, 2 by BW. 1 transaction was confirmed by BW in the next block, and all within 2 hours. The fee? 1 sat/byte.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:21:48 PM

I dont get what you've just said but as car as I know, if you will be giving a fee, make it high enough making your transaction accepted quickly. Saying that, minimum your transactions into one, send bitcoins into many so the fees will not be as high as sending it one by one. If you will be sending a bitcoin with a fee of satoshi, better wait for a month or a year.
Maligmat09

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:32:05 PM

I think it doesn't depent in the fee but there are no fee transaction that is instant fast in sending bitcoin into others.,,
I think it all depend in the website or wallet you are using it all depend in there system if they have a fast system the transaction will be smooth.,
We Know of many sites that make a transaction faster than the other and also there are many sites that make a transaction take 3-7days
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:47:08 PM

I think it doesn't depent in the fee but there are no fee transaction that is instant fast in sending bitcoin into others.,,
I think it all depend in the website or wallet you are using it all depend in there system if they have a fast system the transaction will be smooth.,
We Know of many sites that make a transaction faster than the other and also there are many sites that make a transaction take 3-7days
Really, it's the opposite of what you and the OP said. it depends on the transaction fees. The higher the transaction fees, the faster the transaction reaches its destination. Maybe there are many factors (like what AngryDwarf have said above) that determine how fast the transaction arrives, but the most obvious factor that concerns both me and you is the fees.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:17:20 PM

When you pick an option in the blockchain wallet, when you're making a transaction, to lower the fee you'd see a notification that your transaction may be confirmed far slower or not at all if your fee is too low. So yeah, transaction speed is dependable on the amount of fee you're paying.

Lower the fee = faster confirmation, and vice versa.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:04:55 AM

It's all about the power play game, miners are greedy and want to take as much fees as they can while they can but when they see their actions are hurting the future of bitcoin I'm sure they'll solve the fee issues once and for all we just have to give it time a little while longer.
the greater the fee that you spend on your transaction. the faster confirmation will you get because as you said, miner very greedy. they prioritize a large fee
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1274
Merit: 356

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:52:39 AM

I don't think so why did you say that. How small fee makes transaction faster. You know if you put high priority fee the transaction made faster, even you put a large amount of btc but if you put a large amount then you choose a low-priority to only spend small fee the confirmation will take some time. So, for me, small fee doesn't matter.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:52:11 AM

The amount of the fee depends on the amount of data used for the transaction. should if using a large fee that will speed up the transaction confirmation but if it's just slow perhaps because of the face Cheesy. every sent bitcoin I always wear the recommended fee.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████