Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:55:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrop and free coins  (Read 3350 times)
spark.bet (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 11:51:35 AM

Peperium

Airdrop more info soon
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1831254.msg18445304#msg18445304

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:34:50 AM

Byteball  

Airdrop takes place every full moon

The snapshots for the 4th round will be taken on the Full Moon of April, on Apr 11, 2017 at 06:08 UTC.  This is what you receive:
BTC to bytes: 1 BTC of proven balance gives you 62.5 MB (0.0625 GB)
BTC to blackbytes: 1 BTC of proven balance gives you 2.1111 * 62.5 million blackbytes (money supply of blackbytes is 2.1111 times more than that of bytes)
Bytes to bytes: 1 byte on any Byteball address gives you 0.1 new bytes
Bytes to blackbytes: 1 byte on linked Byteball address gives you 0.21111 blackbytes

We're near the next Byteball snapshot, don't miss it!  Grin

More info at https://byteball.org

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16654

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 06:59:42 AM

My first time here Cheesy Do I get this correct: 1 GBYTE is currently worth $70.70, so owning one Bitcoin gives you $4.42?
So someone who owns thousands of Bitcoins can cash in quite big?

Yeah that is the downside of the distribution of some airdrop in my opinion.  Only the rich people can become richer especially those giveaway that is based on the BTC holdings in their wallet.
I saw indeed that 1 Bitcoin address alone gets 8% of the airdrops.
Looking further into this, I don't think the "value" says anything: it's 24h volume is very small, and only one very unknown Polish exchange offers trades. It doesn't seem to work properly either.

That being said: some airdrops in the past have been very profitable for people joining them. Get coins, keep them, wait, and if the altcoin gets pumped very high, you can cash out! That brings me to the next question: how to keep those wallets? I'm now using VirtualBox for ByteBall, I don't want to run unknown software on my system. If I add 10 more like this, these 10 VirtualBoxes with almost worthless altcoins eat up more space than the entire Bitcoin blockchain. My laptop doesn't even have that much space left.
What is a good way to keep the wallets without any risk of compromising my system? It wouldn't hurt to join some airdrops just to look back at the wallet a few years later.

CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:08:56 AM

My first time here Cheesy Do I get this correct: 1 GBYTE is currently worth $70.70, so owning one Bitcoin gives you $4.42?

Yeah that is the downside of the distribution of some airdrop in my opinion.  Only the rich people can become richer especially those giveaway that is based on the BTC holdings in their wallet.
I saw indeed that 1 Bitcoin address alone gets 8% of the airdrops.
Looking further into this, I don't think the "value" says anything: it's 24h volume is very small, and only one very unknown Polish exchange offers trades. It doesn't seem to work properly either.

That being said: some airdrops in the past have been very profitable for people joining them. Get coins, keep them, wait, and if the altcoin gets pumped very high, you can cash out! That brings me to the next question: how to keep those wallets? I'm now using VirtualBox for ByteBall, I don't want to run unknown software on my system. If I add 10 more like this, these 10 VirtualBoxes with almost worthless altcoins eat up more space than the entire Bitcoin blockchain. My laptop doesn't even have that much space left.
What is a good way to keep the wallets without any risk of compromising my system? It wouldn't hurt to join some airdrops just to look back at the wallet a few years later.

I would advice to move to the light version of the wallet (you need to move your funds if you're currently using the full version) and then use the 'full backup' function. This backup can be compressed and encrypted and can be stored easily, e.g. on a cloud service. For a light wallet the backup file is a lot smaller as for the full wallet. Keep the password for the backup somewhere safe.

As a fall-back option, write the 12-word seed of the wallet on a piece of paper or in your password manager. Please take notice that the seed can bring back your bytes but not your blackbytes (due to the private nature of this asset it's technically impossible to restore your blackbytes from the seed alone).

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 02:16:18 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2017, 03:21:09 PM by LoyceV

I would advice to move to the light version of the wallet (you need to move your funds if you're currently using the full version) and then use the 'full backup' function. This backup can be compressed and encrypted and can be stored easily
I tried this, but ran into some problems. First, it ran out of memory the moment I clicked EXPORT, and crashed. After adding more memory (now 4.5 GB) to the VM, it crashes after a few minutes of "Exporting...| with this message: "uncaught exception rangeerror array buffer allocation failed".
I think it still runs out of memory, what is it doing that requires several gigabytes of memory?
With a bit more memory it works now

The final backup-file is 533 MB compressed. I assume this includes the full almost 2 GB byteball.sqlite.533 MB is a bit big for a wallet with 1 address and 0 transactions.
This also means I can't switch to the light version, right?

I'm not importing it into a light wallet, but after an hour it still says "Importing...". It's not doing much on network or CPU, it may be stuck. Very nice that the wallet allows for a chat that allows you to pay in chat, but the basic functions don't work the way it should.

I'm leaving this error messages here for search engines to pick up on it. I didn't find anything related to Byteball when I entered the errors in Google.

I like ur coin

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:11:19 PM

Maybe they should limit the input amount on each address to 1 bitcoin or something similar.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:29:17 PM

I would advice to move to the light version of the wallet (you need to move your funds if you're currently using the full version) and then use the 'full backup' function. This backup can be compressed and encrypted and can be stored easily
I tried this, but ran into some problems. First, it ran out of memory the moment I clicked EXPORT, and crashed. After adding more memory (now 4.5 GB) to the VM, it crashes after a few minutes of "Exporting...| with this message: "uncaught exception rangeerror array buffer allocation failed".
I think it still runs out of memory, what is it doing that requires several gigabytes of memory?
With a bit more memory it works now

The final backup-file is 533 MB compressed. I assume this includes the full almost 2 GB byteball.sqlite.533 MB is a bit big for a wallet with 1 address and 0 transactions.
This also means I can't switch to the light version, right?

I'm not importing it into a light wallet, but after an hour it still says "Importing...". It's not doing much on network or CPU, it may be stuck. Very nice that the wallet allows for a chat that allows you to pay in chat, but the basic functions don't work the way it should.

I'm leaving this error messages here for search engines to pick up on it. I didn't find anything related to Byteball when I entered the errors in Google.

You can only restore to the same type of wallet as your source wallet. That's why I wrote that you must move your funds using two devices: one with the original full wallet and one with the light wallet. Sorry if I wasnt clear enough on this.

Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 04:57:28 AM

I find another Airdrop has published already that called KingCoin and the Airdrop has started tho  Grin with Wallet Builders, they give a huge amount of kingcoin, actually i don't really believe with Airdrop, i mean that will be great in the future, except Bytball.
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 07:38:17 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2017, 08:02:10 AM by LoyceV

You can only restore to the same type of wallet as your source wallet. That's why I wrote that you must move your funds using two devices: one with the original full wallet and one with the light wallet. Sorry if I wasnt clear enough on this.
I can't do that: My Bitcoin addresses are tied to that full wallet for all future airdrops.
I can still fix this Cheesy

If you try to link the same Bitcoin address to multiple Byteball addresses, both links are ignored.  If you did this by mistake, link another Bitcoin address.
I'll just move the coins to another Bitcoin address and hook them up to a new account on my light wallet.

spark.bet (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:45:29 PM

I find another Airdrop has published already that called KingCoin and the Airdrop has started tho  Grin with Wallet Builders, they give a huge amount of kingcoin, actually i don't really believe with Airdrop, i mean that will be great in the future, except Bytball.

Thank you for the info, I put it in the list
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:50:03 PM

I have been looking for a thread on free coins and thanks for creating one here. I am expecting that this thread can generate more interest and activities...who would not want some free coins, right? Of course, not all coins can hit the ground running but out of I think 5 coins we can expect one or two to go ahead and reach its planned potential. Happy free coin shopping, everyone!
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 09:07:34 PM

I jumped on the bitsend train pretty cool project and easy to join look into the  bitsend thread.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
Mahiro11

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:51:07 PM

Are there new coins that would do airdrop? I wanna participate. If someone knows kindly post it here if it not to much from u guys.
coolzzz

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Coins

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:02:12 PM

Rise Rains on the Slack channel are the best!

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:13:05 PM

The Movement DAO : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2068554

5 days left to get into the airdrop. I joined this one because it seems to have a talented dev and great idea.

Fair distribution, all alt accounts will get removed so don't bother joining with your alts.
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 02:22:27 PM

Are there new coins that would do airdrop? I wanna participate. If someone knows kindly post it here if it not to much from u guys.
sometimes you need to visit announcement thread to see if there are new airdrop ongoing if you dont do that you will late to know it . other than that you can also join the link given above join before the airdrop end.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: