Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:16:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacing factory thermal paste?  (Read 469 times)
PovertyByte (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:16:29 AM

How good is the standard thermal paste used for most AIB GPU's?

EVGA, Saphire, MSI, ASUS, etc?

I got a tube of GC Extreme which is supposed to be way better than Artic MX4 and supposedly MX4 does a 2-3 degree celcius improvement on EVGA. I am going to do my GTX 1070 while adding the thermal pads to the FTW but I am unsure if it is worth opening up my other GPU's
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:54:55 AM

If you have your cards in gwaranty dont open u lost card gwaranty.Clean from dust.
Ambros

Activity: 653

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:44:56 AM

I changed the thermal paste in a few r9 280x and I gained 5 degrees centigrade.

That being said, I would not change it during the warranty
emdje

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 11:32:52 AM

The beloved Linus with an instruction video and info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDLQ7FjPMf8
DragonSlayer

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:36:32 PM

If you have your cards in gwaranty dont open u lost card gwaranty.Clean from dust.

This all depends on the OEM.  EVGA allows repasting.  Asus does not.  Not sure on other brands.  I stopped using Asus and plan to go with EVGA going forward due to their support.

PovertyByte (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:57:56 PM

This all depends on the OEM.  EVGA allows repasting.  Asus does not.  Not sure on other brands.  I stopped using Asus and plan to go with EVGA going forward due to their support.

Noticed that mentioned in the video. I will be repasting my EVGA cards between traveling and turning off my rigs for a moment anyway. Will have to leave the MSI alone for now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: