Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:30:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Making the Mark on my GPU GTX 1060  (Read 855 times)
Teegogo (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:18:31 AM

Hello Everyone,

I didn't a ton of research before I bought and set up my rig. I bought two GTX 1060 6GB GPUs and read/watched articles/videos online, including on this site - that people were getting +15Mh/s on one GPU. Everything is new, but I'm not getting no more than 500h/s, so what am I doing?

Best,
Teegogo
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:07:09 AM

Hello Everyone,

I didn't a ton of research before I bought and set up my rig. I bought two GTX 1060 6GB GPUs and read/watched articles/videos online, including on this site - that people were getting +15Mh/s on one GPU. Everything is new, but I'm not getting no more than 500h/s, so what am I doing?

Best,
Teegogo
The first thing that came to my mind is that you are comparing with users mining different coin. The hashrate depends on it (e.g. when mining monero the rate you get is in H/s but when mining ETH you get MH/s).
Which coin are you trying to mine?

Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 07:11:15 AM

Hello Everyone,

Best,
Teegogo

Hashrates depends solely on algorithms used. You may get 100Mh on one algo and get 200h using another algorithm.

Are you talking about ETHash? Monero? Scrypt or which other algo.

The 1060 isnt exactly a good card for mining if you consider that it is not that efficient, nor is it powerful enough

unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:35:38 AM

Hello Everyone,

Best,
Teegogo

Hi Teegogo and welcome on board!
i don't understand which algo you wan to use...
...but i give you two tips:
1) forget to do ROI :-/
2) check here for infoes: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1739438.0

enjoy!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Teegogo (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:20:40 PM

Thank you for the welcome. Please feel free to make fun of me since I am a total nnnnnnewbbbbb.

So I looked into XMR for the GTX 1060 - and people were getting 20mh/s.
should I be mining something else instead?
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:25:50 PM

Thank you for the welcome. Please feel free to make fun of me since I am a total nnnnnnewbbbbb.

It is impossible to get 20MH/s for XMR on ANY card.
http://monerobechmarks.byethost5.com/?i=1

Based on that website, a GTX 1060 gets on average 450H/s. So you are pretty good if you're getting 500H/s, and that's what you should be getting.
I suppose it was a different coin but you misunderstood it for XMR?
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:26:28 PM

Start with nicehashminer, look what it does and why.

You need btc address.
Teegogo (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:12:50 PM

Ok I'll start with nice hash miner. I have a BTC Wallet with Miner gate. I'm just a little confused if I put my BTC Address or ZCash Address in the wallet section of nice hash?  And also, what do I put down for worker? I went to the MinerGate Website and downloaded the Nice Hash software for ZCash.  I don't know which file I paste my pool address, wallet Address, email, etc. I tried to edit them - but they all come out as with odd characters and fonts.
antantti
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:04:43 PM

Dump that minergate.

Get yourself btc address where to deposit. Easy one, create an account on poloniex or bittrex (or some other exchange).

If, after days of mining, that account looks like it cannot hold anymore consider creating your own btc address. Do not transfer small amounts of btc, you end up paying too much fees.

edit: nicehashminer automatically sells your hash to the highest bid and pays you btc. Again, if you just look at what it is doing you learn a lot.
Teegogo (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:26:50 AM

Thanks for your recommendation. I was planning to use poloniex to transfer funds. I have watched a ton of video and read a lot. I'm just starting to confuse their process.

How often do they confirm or transfer zcash to BTC into your wallet?

And just to make sure I understand what you are saying.

1) Use download and use Nice Hash.
2) Copy and paste the BTC Wallet Adddress into the Wallet Section.
3) Do I leave the worker name as "Worker 1"? Or do I have to set up a worker on Poloniex? Or just let it run after I paste the address and select the GPU.

Side question: how do I make sure it's mining?
antantti
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:15:28 AM

Thanks for your recommendation. I was planning to use poloniex to transfer funds. I have watched a ton of video and read a lot. I'm just starting to confuse their process.

How often do they confirm or transfer zcash to BTC into your wallet?

And just to make sure I understand what you are saying.

1) Use download and use Nice Hash.
2) Copy and paste the BTC Wallet Adddress into the Wallet Section.
3) Do I leave the worker name as "Worker 1"? Or do I have to set up a worker on Poloniex? Or just let it run after I paste the address and select the GPU.

Side question: how do I make sure it's mining?

Nicehashminer automatically mines algo that is currently paying most btc for your hash. What I forgot to say is that payouts for small earnings are once per week. And there is a monster who buys your hash cheap and finds some better use for it.

Start with it, learn what it does and why, you cannot loose with it, you earn something.

Ok, you think you know how NH works. Why is it hashing equihash or something else? Monitor -20%zpool. Huge profit. Look what it does and why.

At this point, if you think you are maxing your profits you should stay at nh or z. If you still think you can do better you are ready to be a real miner.

This forum is pretty hostile sometimes, just get over it and read those previous threads and posts. Nicehash makes money buying your hash and selling it to someone else, if you have problems with service contact, surprise, nicehash.

Teegogo (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:42:35 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 04:32:22 AM by Teegogo

Thanks a lot for your help and recommendation. I'm not worried about what people say over the Internet.

What you are saying is that im just selling my GPU power to NH. Where would I find programs or code to program it for the big profits? Is there a YouTube video on how to do it?

Also  any recommendations on a good router for xfinity?

I just found a video about Equihash. I looked into the benchmark settings and crypto night showed up. The video showed the person had a list, including equihash.

Lastly, I thought zcash was the most profitable out of them all? Is there others I'm not aware off? And I also thought you can mine only with ASIC and GPUs.

unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:45:58 AM

i give you some other resource to understand better what coin to choose..
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
and
https://whattomine.com/
this site do something like is automated in nice hash miner...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:16:02 AM

Ok I'll start with nice hash miner. I have a BTC Wallet with Miner gate. I'm just a little confused if I put my BTC Address or ZCash Address in the wallet section of nice hash?  And also, what do I put down for worker? I went to the MinerGate Website and downloaded the Nice Hash software for ZCash.  I don't know which file I paste my pool address, wallet Address, email, etc. I tried to edit them - but they all come out as with odd characters and fonts.

Delete minergate from you pc ASAP. Nicehash is way better.

Nicheash miner is smart, it mines automatically the most profitable coin for your GPU and pays you directly in BTC.
So you have to put directly you BTC address and not the address of the coin you are mining
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: