Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sign the Petition: Announce Bitcoins and Cryptocurrencies as Legal  (Read 2473 times)
zebpaysupport (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Zebpay - Cryptocurrency Exchange and Wallet

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 10:19:53 AM

Announce bitcoins and cryptocurrencies as legal

Recently, there have been a few media reports that bitcoin has been declared illegal by the Indian government.

Bitcoin is not illegal as per existing laws. As per media reports, a parliamentary committee is setup to look into the future legality of bitcoins and cryptocurrencies.

Please sign and share this IMPORTANT petition and make your voice heard. We will collect your signatures and present before the standing committee.

Together, let's make India a global fintech hub.

Click here to sign the petition

Zebpay Cryptocurrency Exchange. Buy, Sell and Trade Cryptos Globally.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 10:43:40 AM

I appreciate this move by Zebpay and have already signed the petition as soon as I saw your email regarding this.
I hope this will help the cause.
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 12:57:55 PM

This is by DABFI (Digital Assets and Blockchain Foundation of India)
Zebpay, Coinsecure, Unocoin, SearchTrade, Bitxoxo all of us are part of it.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
bitcoinsforall

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:34:08 PM

I have signed up for the petition,keeping the fingers crossed.
Blackshadow007

Activity: 787
Merit: 276

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 04:51:12 PM

This is pure sadness , if now INDIA don't accept Bitcoin with such stupid reasoning then this will be the biggest fault of India kicking such technology away for such worry , Instead of making things more right for people they just want to Ban it . I have no words really and feeling very sad , if this happens in India then i will have regret for being an Indian citizen besides the old examples we have for being proud India . I have some hope left cause our honorable PM Mr MODI has high visions to work and implant new technology in country , he is very determined leader of our country and surely will do something ethical about it . Finger crossed and hope this stupidity never happens .

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:59:25 PM

This is by DABFI (Digital Assets and Blockchain Foundation of India)
Zebpay, Coinsecure, Unocoin, SearchTrade, Bitxoxo all of us are part of it.

Regards

Any reason why BTCxIndia and blockonomics.co are not part of it? Both are Pvt Ltd entity.

deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:21:04 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 08:32:21 PM by deadley

It's India and very restricted about monetary regulation. India will never authorise Bitcoin doesn't matter if we will get 100 million supporter.

We all must be happy that India did not made Bitcoin illegal yet, that will be enough for all of us.

Signing reason like this will hurt this petition not help.

http://prntscr.com/eqhq6j

rsarkar

Activity: 102
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 04:59:34 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 09:48:10 AM by rsarkar

It's India and very restricted about monetary regulation. India will never authorise Bitcoin doesn't matter if we will get 100 million supporter.

We all must be happy that India did not made Bitcoin illegal yet, that will be enough for all of us.

I truly agree with the above statement.
Two things:

•If community wants the regulation in an asset class then it's hard since we all are aware of the volatility of the bitcoin markets.

•If as a cryptocutrency then there's FEMA in place.

Proper regulation is tough considering US and Russia's current stand on bitcoin unless there exist high lobbying.

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/rslsrkr/
Blackshadow007

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 10:35:08 AM

Two things:

•If community wants the regulation in an asset class then it's hard since we all are aware of the volatility of the bitcoin markets.

Proper regulation is tough considering US and Russia's current stand on bitcoin unless there exist high lobbying.

I wonder which monetary system don't have illegal involvement ? Money = Illegal involvement always even if there is strict AML policy involved , can AML policy really stopped current terrorism funding around the globe or the disaster happening around the world ? ; every official exchanges in India do have strict AML policy for their customers . Those who registering and working with them had to submit valid document proofs for their identity . Now Govt. can monitor FIAT transactions which getting converted to people's banks . Why need to block a future technology for this .

deadley
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:30:23 AM

Two things:

I wonder which monetary system don't have illegal involvement ? Money = Illegal involvement always even if there is strict AML policy involved , can AML policy really stopped current terrorism funding around the globe or the disaster happening around the world ? ; every official exchanges in India do have strict AML policy for their customers . Those who registering and working with them had to submit valid document proofs for their identity . Now Govt. can monitor FIAT transactions which getting converted to people's banks . Why need to block a future technology for this .

What about people lost Bitcoin because they are not enough educated. People can fool them to sell BTC that it will rise many folds in minimum time and other thing.

India is not fully educated country where Govt. can ensure they will save themselves. Be happy that govt. understand us and not illegal BTC.

We can still trade hold BTC because of grey rule. If govt. make Bitcoin illegal we can't do much and even no one care and oppose against govt.
Because there is no lobby for Bitcoin in India.

Here everyone caring themselves. And it's true in India 95% Bitcoin using for only illegal thing or saving black money. So why govt. care about Bitcoin or Bitcoin holders.

S_D

Activity: 198
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:12:39 PM

What about people lost Bitcoin because they are not enough educated. People can fool them to sell BTC that it will rise many folds in minimum time and other thing.

India is not fully educated country where Govt. can ensure they will save themselves. Be happy that govt. understand us and not illegal BTC.

We can still trade hold BTC because of grey rule. If govt. make Bitcoin illegal we can't do much and even no one care and oppose against govt.

Here everyone caring themselves. And it's true in India 95% Bitcoin using for only illegal thing or saving black money. So why govt. care about Bitcoin or Bitcoin holders.

95% really, come out of your cave please. The exchanges would have been dead already if this was true. I believe Indian exchanges have took hits from government and still survived. Proving they proved that bitcoin is for greater good.

Every satoshi could be traced if govt. settles down and agrees with Indian exchanges, eventually helping in eradicating black money.

I travel overseas a lot and I am not worried a bit about bitcoins I am holding. Your answer seems to be a bit orthodox, don't you agree?

P.S. I made this reply assuming I understand your broken grammar.

Free bitcoins, to reveal private key scratch here ==>>  5▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:19:34 PM

I am coming from a state which has 94% literacy rate and it is higher than most US states and the rest of the world,so you do not generalize things that people are not educated in India,yes there are some states in India who have a very low quality of education,the ruling class might be dumb enough to ban the currency and i am not sure that i do believe in their capability to overcome a situation as we have seen in banning of 500 and 1000 rupee notes which was absurd in my eyes as the positive aspect behind that wont be fulfilled and i doubt their intention being fulfilled by those decisions.Hope they will take a mature decision when it comes to bitcoin after studying and consulting with the people involved with it.
Blackshadow007

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 02:15:34 PM

Two things:

Can't agree on this .. 95% of Indian Bitcoiners using for only illegal thing lol .

Nam3

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:39:54 PM

Where did you get this number from? Illegal things? like drugs? Well, are you trying to say that if btc is banned, then no one can buy drugs? seriously?
deadley
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:24:03 PM

Two things:

Can't agree on this .. 95% of Indian Bitcoiners using for only illegal thing lol .

If you don't believe it's upto you. Do you really think normal people who want to invest money in bitcoin will pay 30-35% premium in peak and 10-15% in normal time. Only black money hoarder give those type of premium.

Same with when suddenly price come cheaper then international market because of some big holder sell BTC and price become cheaper.
If you know other reason please enlighten us.

Where did you get this number from? Illegal things? like drugs? Well, are you trying to say that if btc is banned, then no one can buy drugs? seriously?

lol do you really think without BTC they can't. BTC is easiest way to hide black money or using black money through BTC.
Illegal means not only buying drugs or other thing. Holding black money through BTC route also count illegal if you don't know.

deadley
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:27:57 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 08:43:54 PM by deadley

95% really, come out of your cave please. The exchanges would have been dead already if this was true. I believe Indian exchanges have took hits from government and still survived. Proving they proved that bitcoin is for greater good.

Every satoshi could be traced if govt. settles down and agrees with Indian exchanges, eventually helping in eradicating black money.

I travel overseas a lot and I am not worried a bit about bitcoins I am holding. Your answer seems to be a bit orthodox, don't you agree?

P.S. I made this reply assuming I understand your broken grammar.

I did not said 95% bitcoin user use for illegal thing. I said 95% bitcoin used for illegal thing like gambling, holding black money transferring fund from here to other country without giving personal info to other or knowing govt.
Normal people use very low amount.

I am coming from a state which has 94% literacy rate and it is higher than most US states and the rest of the world,so you do not generalize things that people are not educated in India,yes there are some states in India who have a very low quality of education,the ruling class might be dumb enough to ban the currency and i am not sure that i do believe in their capability to overcome a situation as we have seen in banning of 500 and 1000 rupee notes which was absurd in my eyes as the positive aspect behind that wont be fulfilled and i doubt their intention being fulfilled by those decisions.Hope they will take a mature decision when it comes to bitcoin after studying and consulting with the people involved with it.

Please tell us how many even use smart phone there. mostly even can't operate simple smart phone and you expecting they will understand concept of complexity of wallet and those btc address look like some code numro alpabetic.

P.S. I do support this petition but I know it won't impact govt. decision.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:54:39 PM

Please tell us how many even use smart phone there. mostly even can't operate simple smart phone and you expecting they will understand concept of complexity of wallet and those btc address look like some code numro alpabetic.
India do have a market penetration of over five hundred million mobile internet users and 80% of the internet users are using smart phone in India and my state has declared access of internet as a basic right for every citizen like food ,water and education and hope you can understand what i am talking about ,when it comes to specifically smart phone market hope you know that India is the worlds second largest smart phone market after China. Tongue if you can figure out to use the wallets there are smart people out there and you do not need to be a genius to understand bitcoin,most people are reluctant to use bitcoin but those who are interested are using it.
Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:05:56 PM

It is just a number that popped out of his mind,he is just looking at a minority and confirming that the majority is interested and doing all these things,from what i understand the bitcoin exchanges in India run by implementing strict verification process and if the government is planning to cripple that in the name of black money then they can very well use those data to understand the black money hoarders .
DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 01:06:15 PM

It is just a number that popped out of his mind,he is just looking at a minority and confirming that the majority is interested and doing all these things,from what i understand the bitcoin exchanges in India run by implementing strict verification process and if the government is planning to cripple that in the name of black money then they can very well use those data to understand the black money hoarders .
Yes majority of indians buy through exchanges and all their identification is verified by these exchanges, why would someone involves in illegal activities when he is aware his information is with these exchanges?
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 01:44:37 PM

Yes majority of indians buy through exchanges and all their identification is verified by these exchanges, why would someone involves in illegal activities when he is aware his information is with these exchanges?
There many illegal exchanges are going out in india thats why goverment is taking more attention towards decentralised digital currency.recently 2 students in mumbai are caught trading drugs with help of bitcoin.

Bitcoin is great innovation and milestone in IT sector.goverment should understand that though it used by some for illegal but it has become global digital currency and profitable asset.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: