Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:41:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm a bear and proud  (Read 5100 times)
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:12:24 PM

the difference with that , is that the bitcoin price fluctuates!, by the time you recieved the bitcoins, the coins have either gone up or down by 10 dollars or something, however with fiat, if you did wait 6 months, the value of the fiat will remain relatively the same, so yes  one hour confirmations is a big deal

So not only are you not an early adopter, you're also unable to read charts. If you wait 6 months, the price of bitcoin increases. There is one notable DCA range where you could have bought in (during the $32 bubble) and still suffered a significant loss 6 months later. You could argue that the $260 ATH will not be reached so people who bought in then will have suffered a loss in 6 months. But the number of people with DCAs in that range is so small, it hardly supports your stated case.

Furthermore, you suffer from not only "tunnel vision," but also "America Syndrome." We see in many cases countries where hyperinflation happens overnight. In Argentina, even with the fluctuation in bitcoin prices, at least there's a solid chance of retaining value compared to the Peso, which is depreciating at 10-35% per year depending on whose figures you trust. And of course we have multiple countries introducing legislation to provide for legal confiscation of uninsured electronic fiat. But in America, it's always "Lol, that would never happen here. I'm an American, in America that would never happen" In America you don't buy gold, silver, or bitcoins because those are silly whackjob volatile investments that could never compete with the stability of FIAT currency.
If your point is -
In the short term, fiat is a much safer investment than P2P cryptocurrencies, gold, or silver -
Then I agree. Absolutely no doubt.
But the following -
In the long term, fiat is a much safer investment than P2P cryptocurrencies, gold, or silver
 -That's up in the air, considering current monetary policy environment.

It's always nice to have a hedge. Hedges aren't always safe when what you're hedging against appears to be safe; that's the nature of the beast. Don't sell ALL your coins. Keep a few. The rest, sell to me on the cheap Wink
deltanine

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:12:34 PM

oh i love the flock of bulls charging

Honestly you are making yourself look foolish.  Your bear posts are nothing but a joke.

You've got nothing on electricmucus, proudhon, lucif and the rest.  those are real bears.

Freedom is a state of mind, and then Bitcoin comes along.....
-S4VV4S
Missionary

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 02:12:43 PM

Bought at 12$ and you call your self early adopter? Just one word... LLLLOOOOLLLL!!!!!!!!

Sorry but your post is pure FAIL and nonsense... please, close the door behind you and take care.

An early adopter... lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

Although I agree with the general sentiment in your post, I would definitely argue that anyone invested in Bitcoin at this time is an early adopter. In a few years anyone who got in below $1k/BTC will be looked at in awe.

I am an evangelical missionary heading to China. Donations are welcome here (dedicated wallet): 1H8iswayfTaRb6oe2WjMCRmchBJHYyfx9z
You can find more information about my plans here: http://btcmission.com
warpio

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:13:37 PM

So, you don't think there are more than 21 million people out there willing to put $100 of their money into bitcoin long term? Because that's all that is needed to sustain the current price. Nevermind the big money speculators ontop of that.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:14:32 PM

I was an early adopter of bitcoin, i've been following the bitcoin market for a year, however only recently have i decided to sell my stash ? why ? well lets put some factors for your consideration
Bitcoin confirmation is too slow for any normal transaction fiat can provide, litecoins only take a few minutes, bitcoin took 45 minutes last time - massive flaw - bitcoin will eventually become that n64 console type crypto currency which will be over taken by something faster e.g litecoins/ something better, it will only get longer ( unless I'm wrong)

The bitcoin is not influenced by the press media coverage, t or by other facors at the moment,   it is controlled my individuals with mega bucks causing price manipulation,( and the mega bucks aren't that mega, in the bigger scheme of things) toying peoples bull emotions and bear emotions through massive cyclical pump and dump schemes, bitcoin is more of a gamble as to when these individuals will enforce their next pump and next dump, toying with speculator emotions like a puppet. its so obvious by observing the market,it just ignorant to disagree with this

Furthermore the bitcoin will never reach $1000, bulls stop pipe dreaming, why would individuals risk $1000 of their hard earned fiat cash, for something that isn't backed by gold/ silver or a commodity, one way to get seriously burned, but the rationale of a group

Bitcoin is now A classic get rich scheme for new users, the last crash hasn't shaken the weak hands, however have created new and more weak hands, e.g. non bitcoin believers whome wlill opt out the moment they believe the market will crash as they were only in it for the quick dough

Fed up of everyone talking about bitcoin in a bubble stated mind in this forum
these are the critical facts,
embrace it or get your wallet burnt

Bear

Bought at 12$ and you call your self early adopter? Just one word... LLLLOOOOLLLL!!!!!!!!

Sorry but your post is pure FAIL and nonsense... please, close the door behind you and take care.

This ^

OP is an idiot. I've been around bitcoin longer than him and I really don't consider myself an early adopter. The prices I got were in the range of $4.80 to $13.40.

OP is another junior member who fails lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:15:38 PM

oh i love the flock of bulls charging

I love how every day there is another JUNIOR member claiming prices to fall to $5X.XX or lower or that they sold and the price and sky will fall because they think this or that.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Gordonium

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:16:09 PM

So, you don't think there are more than 21 million people out there willing to put $100 of their money into bitcoin long term? Because that's all that is needed to sustain the current price. Nevermind the big money speculators ontop of that.

And the fact there wont be 21 million Bitcoins mined in this century. Or the fact there is probably huge amount of coins lost forever and there will be some much more lost coins when non-tech-savy people come into Bitcoin. Total number of Bitcoins in circulation might be suprisingly little.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:22:00 PM

I was an early adopter of bitcoin, i've been following the bitcoin market for a year, however only recently have i decided to sell my stash ? why ? well lets put some factors for your consideration
Bitcoin confirmation is too slow for any normal transaction fiat can provide, litecoins only take a few minutes, bitcoin took 45 minutes last time - massive flaw - bitcoin will eventually become that n64 console type crypto currency which will be over taken by something faster e.g litecoins/ something better, it will only get longer ( unless I'm wrong)

The bitcoin is not influenced by the press media coverage, t or by other facors at the moment,   it is controlled my individuals with mega bucks causing price manipulation,( and the mega bucks aren't that mega, in the bigger scheme of things) toying peoples bull emotions and bear emotions through massive cyclical pump and dump schemes, bitcoin is more of a gamble as to when these individuals will enforce their next pump and next dump, toying with speculator emotions like a puppet. its so obvious by observing the market,it just ignorant to disagree with this

Furthermore the bitcoin will never reach $1000, bulls stop pipe dreaming, why would individuals risk $1000 of their hard earned fiat cash, for something that isn't backed by gold/ silver or a commodity, one way to get seriously burned, but the rationale of a group

Bitcoin is now A classic get rich scheme for new users, the last crash hasn't shaken the weak hands, however have created new and more weak hands, e.g. non bitcoin believers whome wlill opt out the moment they believe the market will crash as they were only in it for the quick dough

Bear

This ^

OP is an idiot. I've been around bitcoin longer than him and I really don't consider myself an early adopter. The prices I got were in the range of $4.80 to $13.40.

12$ was 2 years ago. Voktar and smoothie, u r so dumb, LOL.
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109686/, u got it Wink )
BitcoinAshley

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:28:02 PM

Let me tell you a little story. When my mommy was just a wee, bitty little girl, she could walk down to the corner store and buy an ice cream treat for 5 cents. That's right... just 5 cents!

Nowadays, if she drove her huge gas guzzling vehicle 5 miles to the ice cream stand she'd pay about 500 cents.

*GASP,* you say, 5 HUNDRED  whole cents? That's preposterous!

Now, I can see the reactions (these are fake quotes, obviously, but based on these folks' behavior, they totally would say this Wink):
Quote from: nkspace
People just aren't willing to put 500 of their hard-earned cents into ice cream. If I can save at least one person from getting burned, this was worth it. I am an early adopter. I bought in during the 1990s at 300 cents.
Quote from: ElectricMucus
It is an ice cream bubble, and it is going to pop. The current price level is unsustainable. We can't start talking about Ice Cream in dollars, because that would mean it is a cargo cult. You're all so greedy and you don't care about Ice Cream.
Quote from: proudhon
Ice cream treats are going to single digits, mark my words! Actually, I'm thinking about turning bull - we might go up to 650 cents.
Quote from: lucif
My TA shows that this is a bubble and we have a bearish wedge formation that will drive us down to the support of 480-483 cents, followed by massive panic sells all the way to Ice Cream's TRUE VALUE, which I estimate to be somewhere in the range of 8-12 cents.

Now, we just say "It costs 5 dollars." It makes people happier. Just move a couple decimal places.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:28:27 PM

The bitcoin is not influenced by the press media coverage, t or by other facors at the moment,   it is controlled my individuals with mega bucks causing price manipulation,( and the mega bucks aren't that mega, in the bigger scheme of things) toying peoples bull emotions and bear emotions through massive cyclical pump and dump schemes, bitcoin is more of a gamble as to when these individuals will enforce their next pump and next dump, toying with speculator emotions like a puppet. its so obvious by observing the market,it just ignorant to disagree with this

Bear

This ^

12$ was 2 years ago. Voktar and smoothie, u r so dumb, LOL.
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109686/, u got it Wink )

LOL so i'm dumb because I proved OP to be an idiot on his call of being an early adopter?

It's all in perspective lol.

$12 was just this past december too Genius.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:32:29 PM

I know. But I bet u and ur friend didn't think about other $12 (2 years ago), otherwise u wouldn't LOLed.
Kazu

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:41:22 PM

"I'm a bear and proud(hon)."

Anyways, my sig is waiting for you.

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
nkspace (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:46:25 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 09:39:56 AM by nkspace

----
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:51:21 PM

I know. But I bet u and ur friend didn't think about other $12 (2 years ago), otherwise u wouldn't LOLed.

Yeah I was there when it was $12...and as I said I didnt consider myself as an early adopter. So your point?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:56:00 PM

I bought at $2 and didn't consider myself an early adopter! I felt like I got close'ish to it though.  Cheesy
SAQ

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:18:33 PM

Early adopters - for now anyway - are those that went into bitcoin in 2009 - 2010.
BitcoinAshley

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:36:20 PM

so let me get this straight your all disagreeing that

So let me get this straight, you're ASS U ME ing and putting words into our mouth?

Quote from: Early Adopter
there is a manipulation in price by big dogs

Sure, in a low-liquidity market there will always be volatility and manipulation.

the bitcoin confirmations arn't fast enough

I wholeheartedly agree. If confirmation time matters, I use Litecoin and I await superior alternatives. For most of my transactions, 10 minutes to an hour (depending on whether or not I pay the fee) is acceptable as most of these transactions are not demanding of instantaneous payment, and is easily worth it as I don't have to support the fradulent bankster corporations by pulling out my debit card or logging into PayPal. Again, I agree that a cryptocoin should have conf times rivalling some of the alternatives, but even as is, it is a superior option to supporting fraud and money laundering (lol HSBC).
bitcoin will be replaced by something newer

I agree. I don't think there has been a single instance of, nor will there ever be, a technology that is never replaced. Right now, the alt-coins in existence aren't competing too well since most of them are just satoshi client clones with a couple modifications. And of course, in the distant future, humans will communicate telepathically and we will have invented advanced concepts that surpass the primal need for an intermediary exchange of value. Lol.
that the price of bitcoin will not cost 1000 dollars, in fact its destined in the stars
The numbers are psychological. $1000 is an arbitrary value and "one whole bitcoin" is a string of integers with no decimal place. With adoption at the rate it's been, $1000 will be an easy support in the future. Just look at adoption stats. Sure, adoption can slow. Hasn't happened. You haven't supported this point well enough, aside from making truisms and generalities like "Lol it's overvalued."
and that an early adopter in the first (32 dollar bubble) which was me, shouldnt be considered an early adopter

Aside from early adopter being a subjective chronological value judgement, I don't consider you an early adopter. If you were involved in 2009-2010 maybe that label is appropriate. This point is somewhat moot as "early adopter" is a subjective chronological value judgement.
and your all calling me an idiot............

Well out of 5 statements that you assume all the bulls here disagreed with, I agree with 3. That's pretty poor performance. We have a name for that, it's called "Strawman." You invent an argument to respond to, to avoid addressing the real arguments. In this case you managed to invent 3 and didn't sufficiently support the 1 valid argument, and of course the early adopter issue I don't consider to be worth pursuing since, as I mentioned, it is a subjective chronological value judgement.
and heres my new point
BITCOINS MARKET CAP  IS CURRENTLY OVERVALUED BY ABOUT 500 MILLION DOLLARS IN CONSIDERATION OF ITS PRACTICAL USES AS APPOSE TO A SPECULATIVE TRADING TOOL
Ok, are you going to back that up with numbers, stats, facts, TA, charts, or SOMETHING - rather than just saying it as if it's self-evident.

Op you are a riot.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
baddesttrader

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:49:10 PM

Soon BTC will reach another all time high and you will be

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5y_1LFTXPFqnIfIFkUxL72nbAXhqQMTDcFAX_Y2eRdYxRtdw6Sw

PS "there is a manipulation in price by big dogs"... U may be right... But this will not destroy BTC... In fact, market volatility... Is certainly attracting more folks than BTC's practical uses, IMO. Is this so wrong?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 03:52:35 PM

Soon BTC will reach another all time high and you will be

PS "there is a manipulation in price by big dogs"... U may be right... But this will not destroy BTC... In fact, market volatility... Is certainly attracting more folks than BTC's practical uses, IMO. Is this so wrong?

No I will be like

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 04:07:48 PM

We understand you're a bear, then you should simply leave the forum. This forum is for people that believe in the bitcoin system as more than a speculative tool. You don't seem to believe in the future of bitcoin at all therefore I'm not sure why are you even here.

Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Economics > Speculation
HAHAHAHAHA oh wow.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: