Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:22:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ATM project - coder needed  (Read 1022 times)
nandika (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 01:10:03 PM

I'd like to start a bitcoin ATM project. Saw one announced on bitcoinatm.com but never saw a working unit. And even if they did it, there are more regular atm manufacturers on the field, so at least 2 bitcoin atm manufacturers would be great.

I have bought a coin changer machine which's hopper can be operated via USB/RS232. The company making these also have paper money dispensers with same USB/RS232 interface.

Plans:
My unit is with a 2 row lcd display. I'll mount a mini-itx pc inside (with constant 3G&VPN connection), which would be controlling the hopper, and a numeric keypad outside.
The way I see it should work: people login to my website online via a computer or a smartphone, enter the amount of 2 euro coins they want (of course later paper money can be dispensed when I've bought a dispenser for it), send the amount of BTC needed for the transaction, wait for some confirmations, they get an 8-16 digit code, go to any of the ATM's (later when there will be lots worldwide  Smiley ), enter the code and receive the coins.

I have everything physical to make this system go live, have programming manuals for the hopper, have the mini-itx pc in the case ready to be installed, will order a tamper-proof keypad and the system is complete, just needs a good programmer to make it work.
Since I'm not very good in programming, I'm looking for someone who can help me out with it.

Other thing is that this coin changer has a paper money receiver unit (currently it exchanges the paper to coins of course), which can be used to "sell btc".. people put in the money they want in BTC, receive an 8-16 digit code, redeem it via their account on the webpage, and receive the BTC equivalent to their wallet. - but this is second priority I guess. Wouldn't be hard to do by the way.

The prototype I have costed me around $1200 and if a backend can be done it would be really cool if these can be "franchised", like someone buys a machine, hosts it at their place, and receive a percentage of the fees charged.

Will upload some photos of the unit soon, some drawings how I see it when completed.. also can send the manuals to the interested.

so again: i'm looking for a programmer who can help me out with this project for a partnership or for money  Smiley let me know your offers.

also keep this project posted if you are interested but cannot help, would be great to know if it has interest or not..

Order your BitCoin funded VISA Plastic Debit Card at http://visacrypt.com
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lemon

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 02:46:24 PM

Happy to take care of the programming side for a flat 5 BTC. Have more than enough experience, and this seems like an interesting project!

https://crypto.pm/ -- public cryptocurrency exchange currently in testing.

https://escrow.pm/ -- fee free automated escrow.
nandika (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 09:32:05 PM

Happy to take care of the programming side for a flat 5 BTC. Have more than enough experience, and this seems like an interesting project!

Hi!
Thanks for the offer:)
I've received some PM's, will talk with everyone who is interested.
If you could PM me your instant messenger account (ICQ, skype, or sth else) so I can add you to discuss details it would be awesome:)

Order your BitCoin funded VISA Plastic Debit Card at http://visacrypt.com
algaidaman

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:58:27 PM

I think that this is a great idea, I'm interested in keeping track of the project.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:45:16 PM

I've thought at great deal about this- to be honest I think it's something that a professional ATM company needs to develop. Thieves are simply too clever to be dealt with by anyone but someone quite a solid experience. There are so many vectors for attack for a machine that either has money in it, or sends irreversible bitcoin out. You need something seriously rock solid- and you probably need to run entirely proprietary software. A lot of people speak about a bitcoin ATM, but I think it's a case of easier said then done. That said, i'll be watching.

more or less retired.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: