Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:28:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to BU?  (Read 1705 times)
felipehermanns (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:13:09 PM

Haven't seen more news.
Can someone update me?
Where is the fork? Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:16:18 PM

There haven't been news, things are still "tied" in discussion. There's no fork...

If you're looking for % of support, you can check coin.dance
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 07:25:55 PM

I'm still surprised that BU has more support than segwit after all that has happened the last couple of weeks.
Can anyone explain why miners are apparently against segwit?

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:32:53 PM

Sure all that is done against seagwit,seagwit can limit miners profit,if fork will not happen fast will not happen
Will be suspended untill next,We can bet.Whan btc price will start to incrase we will have more scary news about fork and sell off or not,it is always possible to manipulate market that way

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:44:07 PM

I'm still surprised that BU has more support than segwit after all that has happened the last couple of weeks.

Its a massive change that totally rewrites how transactions are done.  With any massive change comes risk and loss of robustness.  It also requires wallets to be rewritten.  It doesn't really provide that much on chain scaling and makes it harder to make future improvements in this area.   It will hard if not impossible to undo later.   

mastrox92

Activity: 316
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:56:44 PM

Haven't seen more news.
Can someone update me?
Where is the fork? Huh

Iam almost 100% sure there wont be any fork!
(Ive read about miners does not support BU too)

noodle_dam

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:57:29 PM

I would rather have the speed reduced to transactions then to have the miner's profiteering off all these transactions.
It is a good thing to have slower transactions so less of them are happening so the miners don't get shit for what they are trying to do and that is skimming off the froth of the of their lattes. Tongue

mr.mister

Activity: 299

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:00:24 PM

Its a massive change that totally rewrites how transactions are done.  With any massive change comes risk and loss of robustness.  It also requires wallets to be rewritten.  It doesn't really provide that much on chain scaling and makes it harder to make future improvements in this area.   It will hard if not impossible to undo later.   

Then seagwit is retarded. I am totally against fundementally changing the blockchain and wallets. Bitcoin has proven itself to work just the way it is. Why don't they just increase mining power, in PH, problem solved??

Bitcoin Cash (BCASH) is NOT the real Bitcoin
mr.mister

Activity: 299

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:04:53 PM

I would rather have the speed reduced to transactions then to have the miner's profiteering off all these transactions.
It is a good thing to have slower transactions so less of them are happening so the miners don't get shit for what they are trying to do and that is skimming off the froth of the of their lattes. Tongue

Miners need to be paid, otherwise Bitcoin will die. They don't need to get greedy however, because that will kill their business too, if it's too expensive to send coins. If they get too greedy, the market will be flooded with miners as well, and the payouts will be less. Miners have to act responsibly. They need to walk a fine line or it could spell doom for bitcoin, and that would be a shame.

Bitcoin Cash (BCASH) is NOT the real Bitcoin
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:18:51 PM

Then seagwit is retarded. I am totally against fundementally changing the blockchain and wallets. Bitcoin has proven itself to work just the way it is. Why don't they just increase mining power, in PH, problem solved??

The problem is political not technical in nature.

The 1mb blocksize could be easily increased but the leading core developers (several of whom are employed by Blockstream) are against it.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:29:31 PM

Haven't seen more news.
Can someone update me?
Where is the fork? Huh

I believe it's still in the pipeline and nothing has been changed in the past few days. We are seeing positive trend in Bitcoin's price but the goal of BU is still there and they are just waiting again for the right time with the right resources to go with a fork. I just checked https://coin.dance/blocks. BU still has 37% support while SegWit has 29.2%.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:34:28 PM

Hey mr mister why have you repeated the same mistake as the legendary member above? seagwit you like much eh? there is no fundamental change as you put it but rather making it possible to do a hard fork without splitting the network in half in a soft fork skin in the future. BU is about one big mining farm wanting to do a hard fork so they can do the same work as before but including more transactions so they can get more fees, imagine their grandchildren could include 2GB of transaction data in a block a century from now when there is no mining reward other than fees, I guess they've thought about everything really Cheesy and increasing hash power is not an easy job it requires millions of dollars and a very well built infrastructure and even if they do BU supporter has a huge mining farm planned to turn it on and start mining in near future.
What they want is to get more earn more money since 1 block averagely found every 10 minutes is not enough for them.

the current state of the network is exactly what a decentralized network should be and if someday you saw miners easily implemented and activated something in matter of a month or two you need to run for the hills because that would mean a central authority with control and absolute power over any changes in the system.
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:40:23 PM

Didn't F2Pool, the second largest Bitcoin mining pool just reject Bitcoin Unlimited through an announcement by the owner? If so, it's quite a big advantage to Segwit.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:06:19 PM

Jonald keeps talking nonsense about segwit for some reason.

Wallets that aren't updated can still recieve regular transactions, also all relevant online wallets are segwit ready so this is a non issue. All relevant software is also segwit ready or in progress:

https://bitcoincore.org/en/segwit_adoption/

Also miners that are pro-BU should explain how they call segwit risky while BU not being risky while trying to keep a straight face.
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:07:19 PM

Haven't seen more news.
Can someone update me?
Where is the fork? Huh

BTU is a piece of Chinese crap, it aint going no where. If they fork-off, they fork themselves  Tongue

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
quake313

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:14:42 PM

Wallets that aren't updated can still recieve regular transactions, also all relevant online wallets are segwit ready so this is a non issue. All relevant software is also segwit ready or in progress:

https://bitcoincore.org/en/segwit_adoption/

Also miners that are pro-BU should explain how they call segwit risky while BU not being risky while trying to keep a straight face.

It's pointless arguing with the shills, they're paid to do this. I'll say this though, franky1 ALMOST has me convinced he's not a paid shill, at least paid to shill for BU. His hate for Blockstream though is on another level, like he's been personally slighted by them or something. Definitely seems personal.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:21:24 PM

Haven't seen more news.
Can someone update me?
Where is the fork? Huh

As planned by the Chinaman as a way of misdirecting our attention, BU died and SegWit on Litecoin was achieved instead.

I never understood why the Chinaman was dumb enough to support a the technological idiocy in BU, and now I understand it was a diversionary manipulation that was never intended to be carried out.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:24:44 PM

Wallets that aren't updated can still recieve regular transactions, also all relevant online wallets are segwit ready so this is a non issue.

But if they do not upgrade they cannot originate transactions that take advantage of any new capacity offered by the witness segregation, obviously.  So this weakens the argument even further that its a meaningful increase.  

Why not just increase the blocksize? That is what miners and most clear thinking users want.

Why do you choose to ignore obvious facts and spin everything?  

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:25:22 PM

Haven't seen more news.
Can someone update me?
Where is the fork? Huh
There's been a ton of things that have been happening recently, and the quick rundown for BU is that some things they planned to do were exposed and now there's some decent discontent with their plans coming from the community. If I remember correctly a lot of it was going to result in Bitcoin becoming very centralized through the new BU system.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:28:00 PM

Why not just increase the blocksize? That is what miners and most clear thinking users want.

Why do you choose to ignore obvious facts and spin everything?  

Because small blocks are absolutely necessary to maintain the equilibrium of power structure of a stalemate that Satoshi designed into the system.

You keep ignoring this, even I have told you many times to go read the thread linked below:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1837136.msg18408976#msg18408976

It seems simple to you that big blocks are better, because
you don't comprehend that we must have an immutable master blockchain else we do not get Nash's ideal money. Until you understand that, then you understand nothing about Bitcoin.

Until you understand that really well, you will continue to talk nonsense and not realize that you are.

Of course we can have bigger blocks, on Litecoin. As explained at the above linked post. Please slow down and read.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: