Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:05:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.96 third testing builds  (Read 4536 times)
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:55:27 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 05:55:22 PM by goatpig

Third testing builds, updated changelog. Added RBF auto fee bump from the ledger (right click a RBF zc to see the option)

Binaries: https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases/tag/v0.95.99.3-testing

---------------------------------

The changelog covers most of what's new with a couple caveats:

- Added CPFP and RBF. CPFP is accessible from the coin control GUI, RBF has its own. CPFP and RBF are mutually exclusive. The RBF GUI is up for change, this is just a tentative approach for now.

- Auto bitcoind woes should be fixed, give it a spin

I'll repeat the warning in the changelog for the good measure:

This version introduces new address types. These address types are not compatible with previous versions of Armory. Any version of Armory (or any wallet for that matter) can pay to these addresses, but only Armory 0.96 can spend from them. Naturally, the new features are opt-in, even code wise.

Legacy P2PKH addresses are untouched and can still be signed by anything 0.92+.

The SegWit address type is locked to testnet only.

I've spent to and from the new nested compressed key script on the mainnet. Regardless, I recommend to start with small amounts at first, as a precaution.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 08:01:26 PM

Are you referring to BIP 142? If so, GMax says it's abandoned.

In any event, thanks for getting this out to everyone! Looking forward to everybody's feedback.
Aurik

Activity: 24
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:10:08 PM

Any estimated time to a final 0.96 release yet?
Ty for all your work btw Smiley
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 08:10:20 PM

Are you referring to BIP 142? If so, GMax says it's abandoned.

In any event, thanks for getting this out to everyone! Looking forward to everybody's feedback.
The segwit address type is the p2sh nested segwit addresses.

droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 09:34:54 PM

The segwit address type is the p2sh nested segwit addresses.

Ahhh, okay. Disregard my previous post. Smiley
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:45:31 PM

Any estimated time to a final 0.96 release yet?
Ty for all your work btw Smiley

Can't tell. If a lot of bugs are found during this testing phase, I can't quite release in such state.

Wr8th

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 04:26:05 PM

OK, tried the new build. Running Windows 8.1, had Armory 95.1 installed, but uninstalled it after 1st error. Could not run the new .exe. Here's contents of the ArmoryQt.exe.log log file.
Let me know if you need anything else. I have core .14 so Armory wasn't working before I tried this anyway.

(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.pyc:3742 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)
(ERROR) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 55, in <module>
NameError: name '__file__' is not defined

Traceback (most recent call last):
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 07:27:50 PM

OK, tried the new build. Running Windows 8.1, had Armory 95.1 installed, but uninstalled it after 1st error. Could not run the new .exe. Here's contents of the ArmoryQt.exe.log log file.
Let me know if you need anything else. I have core .14 so Armory wasn't working before I tried this anyway.

(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.pyc:3742 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)
(ERROR) Traceback (most recent call last):

Traceback (most recent call last):

If you go to the folder where you installed Armory, do you see a folder named "lang"?

Wr8th

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 07:36:24 PM

No - no folder named "lang". Only folder under where I installed Armory is one called "tcl"
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 07:52:53 PM

No - no folder named "lang". Only folder under where I installed Armory is one called "tcl"
That's probably the issue then as it is expecting the translation files to be there. There's probably a packaging problem for Windows.

Wr8th

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:16:24 PM

Well, please remember that I was at least able to bring up Armory 95.1. It had problems connecting/communicating with the 14.0 core - but at least I could see it.
This beta version won't even come up.
As I said, I uninstalled that 95.1 version after the first error from the beta build - so I must've also removed the lang folder?? Why isn't it there for the beta?
Should I uninstall beta, go back to 95.1 and copy the lang folder? Or can someone just tell me how to get it?

Thanks for whatever you can do.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 08:40:27 PM

Well, please remember that I was at least able to bring up Armory 95.1. It had problems connecting/communicating with the 14.0 core - but at least I could see it.
This beta version won't even come up.
As I said, I uninstalled that 95.1 version after the first error from the beta build - so I must've also removed the lang folder?? Why isn't it there for the beta?
Should I uninstall beta, go back to 95.1 and copy the lang folder? Or can someone just tell me how to get it?

Thanks for whatever you can do.
Here is a copy of what I have in my lang folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxw3ip9QfNOUTU1laEEyU2l6a1E. Extract the zip file into wherever you installed Armory. Make sure that if you double click the lang folder, you see a bunch of files with a .qm extension on them.

The reason the lang folder is not there is due to improper packaging of the binaries and the installer. I have it because I do development of Armory and run straight from source.

Wr8th

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:33:35 PM

I'm afraid it's still not coming up. When I run it now it complains it can't write to the logfile even though file is there and read and writable.
I tried moving it out and a few other things but exe still won't run.
Thanx for your efforts - I 'preciate it. But, I'm kinda on a time crunch to get some bitcoins so I'm thinking of trying another wallet if 0.96
ain't available soon.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 10:35:41 PM

I'm afraid it's still not coming up. When I run it now it complains it can't write to the logfile even though file is there and read and writable.
I tried moving it out and a few other things but exe still won't run.
Thanx for your efforts - I 'preciate it. But, I'm kinda on a time crunch to get some bitcoins so I'm thinking of trying another wallet if 0.96
ain't available soon.
I'll see if I can replicate the issue.

For now, you can use 0.95.1 and downgrade to Bitcoin Core 0.13.2.

Wr8th

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:17:01 PM

Thank you.
By downgrading to Bitcoin Core 0.13.2 - it's not going to download that huge database again, right?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 11:39:46 PM

Thank you.
By downgrading to Bitcoin Core 0.13.2 - it's not going to download that huge database again, right?
No, it will not have to download the blockchain again. It will use what is already downloaded.

Wr8th

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 03:06:53 AM

Well, I've got Armory 0.95.1 running with Bitcoin Core 0.13.2 but it is just sitting there - as it was with BC 0.14.
There's a full green box in the "Initializing Bitcoin Engine" section with that little icon slowly spinning around. This is what is was doing with 0.14.
The task manager tells me that ArmoryQT.exe is indeed running and I also see a "bitcoind" process running, but it appears that nothing is really
happening.
Is it building its own database? Where can I look to see if it's doing something?
Sorry to keep giving this stuff to you (should I move to another thread?) - but just trying to figure out if I'm spinning my wheels here or if something
is going on. Do you know if this combo has run in W8.1 succesfully before.

Thanks so much for your support.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 03:10:44 AM

Well, I've got Armory 0.95.1 running with Bitcoin Core 0.13.2 but it is just sitting there - as it was with BC 0.14.
There's a full green box in the "Initializing Bitcoin Engine" section with that little icon slowly spinning around. This is what is was doing with 0.14.
The task manager tells me that ArmoryQT.exe is indeed running and I also see a "bitcoind" process running, but it appears that nothing is really
happening.
Is it building its own database? Where can I look to see if it's doing something?
Sorry to keep giving this stuff to you (should I move to another thread?) - but just trying to figure out if I'm spinning my wheels here or if something
is going on. Do you know if this combo has run in W8.1 succesfully before.

Thanks so much for your support.
You need to run Bitcoin Core and Armory separately. In Armory's settings, uncheck the box "Let Armory run Bitcoin Core in the background". Then stop Armory, start Bitcoin Core, and restart Armory.

Wr8th

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:04:19 AM

Hey! That did it. I'm online and connected.
Thanx so much again for your help.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:36:02 PM

Bundling the Windows tsl fix with a bunch of others, new build ETA: Friday

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: