Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:43:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: California attempts to solve student housing crisis with-- students in cars?  (Read 456 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 05:21:06 PM

....you WILL have schools poor students can't afford to go. yes or no?
We ALWAYS HAVE HAD such schools...

I recall considering Harvard and rejecting making an app because of the cost.

Numerous other schools, too. And housing cost was a big part of it.

duh....

The real problems with colleges are quite different than this piece of fake news, incidentally. It has to do with the way total college costs have zoomed out of sight, while, our friends in government made sure that the students could go on into debt accordingly. Feeding the monster. And the unlimited debt has encouraged colleges to increase costs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 05:42:32 PM

^^^ ... usually because they can't afford the drugs they are using. But a lot of the time government helps them with welfare checks.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:33:54 AM

duh....

The real problems with colleges are quite different than this piece of fake news, incidentally. It has to do with the way total college costs have zoomed out of sight, while, our friends in government made sure that the students could go on into debt accordingly. Feeding the monster. And the unlimited debt has encouraged colleges to increase costs.
More reason for government funded tuition. 
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 01:43:15 AM

duh....

More reason for government funded tuition. 
Right, we should fix a problem created by government with .... more government.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 09:29:23 AM

Cool.

So you're ok for a system where your education don't depend on your abilities but on your parents wealth.

Please tell me again how capitalism is great at making the most out of human abilities?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 12:55:31 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2019, 02:04:09 AM by Spendulus

Cool.

So you're ok for a system where your education don't depend on your abilities but on your parents wealth.

Please tell me again how capitalism is great at making the most out of human abilities?

Huh

So now you are against private colleges?

Except for a select few situations, I'm unable to connect any dots between capitalism and colleges. You are showing complete ignorance of how these systems work in the West.

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 09:39:52 AM

So now you are against private colleges?
Not sure private colleges mean what I think it means... I know that "private schools" in England aren't what I call private school in France  Huh

Let's same I'm 100% against any educational institution owned by private individuals yup.
Except for a select few situations, I'm unable to connect any dots between capitalism and colleges. You are showing complete ignorance of how these systems work in the West.

Ok I'll break it down for you:
With private schooling, ability to enter a school depends first on your ability to afford this school. Hence it depends on your parents wealth which is not related to your skills and abilities at all. Hence in private schooling, next generation receives an education depending not on their abilities but on unrelated factors (wealth).

It means that in the end, private schooling is not efficient in a meritocratic aspect and will produce a generation where education is not given towards the best able but the more wealthy.

If you don't see the link between capitalism and the choice for a private school to take a rich bad student rather than a good poor student, I can't really do anything for you.

And this is to add towards the fact that without help from the state poor people won't even be able to afford the cost of being a student (food, house, transports...).

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 10:03:20 AM

You can't have capitalism without capital. and since the  1970s the City of London bankers have been removing capital, and taking control of assets all over the world. Fractional reserve banking, and the removal of debt restriction have caused massive inflation in asset values. The sale of government assets to the CoL trusts held in tax havens has made it harder for local authorities to continue to provide subsidised services.

I wouldn't fancy living in a car, but a custom modified large van does have a lot of appeal for me at the moment. It would be a better idea for students than the converted sea containers that are on the increase in many areas.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: