Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:52:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I found a Bitcoin Miner app in Windows 10 and I need some help for a custom pool  (Read 2154 times)
Kazuya121 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:21:31 PM

Is there any mining pools that support this? I cant seem to find any that supports the miner except the one included which is also the default setting for the miner app.

I do not wish to find profits, I'm only using this miner to see how far I can go Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 10:45:06 PM

What is the application? Can you give us a link to where you found it?

I highly suggest that you be very very careful with this. If you cannot find it listed anywhere on this forum, I highly suggest that you delete the app immediately and scan your computer for viruses. Many viruses will masquerade as Bitcoin mining software in order to steal the private keys for your Bitcoin or passwords to any Bitcoin wallets.

Kazuya121 (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:50:42 PM

What is the application? Can you give us a link to where you found it?

I highly suggest that you be very very careful with this. If you cannot find it listed anywhere on this forum, I highly suggest that you delete the app immediately and scan your computer for viruses. Many viruses will masquerade as Bitcoin mining software in order to steal the private keys for your Bitcoin or passwords to any Bitcoin wallets.

I found it on this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/bitcoin-miner/9wzdncrdhxb6?ocid=9wzdncrdhxb6_ORSEARCH_Bing . The application is simply named Bitcoin Miner but it seems to work according to the comments, but it is very slow. I scanned my computer and there seems to be no problem.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 11:15:19 PM

If you want to legitimately mine Bitcoin, you will need very special hardware called ASICs. You will make basically 0 money from trying to CPU or GPU mine, which is what this software appears to be doing. Furthermore, there are far better mining software that exist that have more functionality and are probably more efficient but just don't have a GUI. If you actually want to mine Bitcoin, I suggest that you research ASICs and learn how to use the command line in order to run actual mining software.

Kazuya121 (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:24:53 PM

If you want to legitimately mine Bitcoin, you will need very special hardware called ASICs. You will make basically 0 money from trying to CPU or GPU mine, which is what this software appears to be doing. Furthermore, there are far better mining software that exist that have more functionality and are probably more efficient but just don't have a GUI. If you actually want to mine Bitcoin, I suggest that you research ASICs and learn how to use the command line in order to run actual mining software.

Again from the first post, I do not wish to find a profit. It is free so I have nothing to lose. I just want to know if there are any compatible mining pools other than the default one.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:58:57 AM

I've never seen this app, tho in the description and comments this looks like the legit miner. I'd test it out but I have Win7 (fck yeah) so I'm not able to but I don't think this miner is something to be freaking out about.

Also it  is made by http://www.groupfabric.com/bitcoin-miner/
and you have pools on that website so check those out.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 05:46:01 PM

I've never seen this app, tho in the description and comments this looks like the legit miner. I'd test it out but I have Win7 (fck yeah) so I'm not able to but I don't think this miner is something to be freaking out about.

Also it  is made by http://www.groupfabric.com/bitcoin-miner/
and you have pools on that website so check those out.

If the miner is in the microsoft store surely it has passed a few different tests before being put in there. I think this is just another miner and I am not a fan of using it as we don't have a lot of information regarding it. Maybe the authors are getting paid fees of users who mine through this software when mining in their pool.

I suggest sticking to well known miners like Genoil,EBWF,Claymore and already made for you Nicehash or Minergate miners. All of these are tested to work without problems.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:00:27 PM

Lol listen to what they say . This is what I read in the OPs link to the miner.

Let your computer earn you money with Bitcoin Miner, the free easy-to-use Bitcoin miner! Earn Bitcoin which can be exchanged for real-world currency! Works great at home, work, or on the go

Yes on the go !! Very good. They talk about it like it will make you enough money to do something just by leaving your computer to work. Omg...

Stick with command prompt miners. No need for gui flashy crap.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: