Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:30:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What current alt crypt-currency do YOU believe in?  (Voting closed: April 30, 2013, 06:37:59 PM)
[LTC]Litecoin - 217 (43.1%)
[NVC]Novacoin - 41 (8.2%)
[FC]Feathercoin - 95 (18.9%)
[TC]Terracoin - 11 (2.2%)
[PPC]PPCoin - 65 (12.9%)
[BBQ]BBQCoin - 10 (2%)
[BTE]Bytecoin - 9 (1.8%)
None - 55 (10.9%)
Total Voters: 503

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] What current alt crypto-currency do YOU believe in?  (Read 5887 times)
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:16:50 PM

Let's not kid ourselves. Feathercoin isn't going to overtake Litecoin, that would make no sense. But imo it should be more valuable than Terracoin or at least around the same price. It's provides an attractive option to Litecoin miners and there are no ASICs to mess with it.

I believe in a lot of the alt currencies. Litecoin in particular. I am also a big proponent of PPCoin and I think long term more people are going to be attracted to it.

it could.. if the developers and community make a strong effort to get it accepted in the real world and give it a use.

lets be honest.. there's very little (that i know of) that LTC actually has done or does, other than exist and get mined the crap out of.

I'm not saying its a bad coin.. its just been stuck on the same version for a longgg time, developers aren't really around.. etc.

We're speaking the same language!! Adoption is key to the coin's success.

txmasut

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 10:43:45 PM

Let's not kid ourselves. Feathercoin isn't going to overtake Litecoin, that would make no sense. But imo it should be more valuable than Terracoin or at least around the same price. It's provides an attractive option to Litecoin miners and there are no ASICs to mess with it.

I believe in a lot of the alt currencies. Litecoin in particular. I am also a big proponent of PPCoin and I think long term more people are going to be attracted to it.

it could.. if the developers and community make a strong effort to get it accepted in the real world and give it a use.

lets be honest.. there's very little (that i know of) that LTC actually has done or does, other than exist and get mined the crap out of.

I'm not saying its a bad coin.. its just been stuck on the same version for a longgg time, developers aren't really around.. etc.

This is what I was saying in another thread. Community is the number one importance, then acceptance.  All you have to do is look at some of the other ridiculous coins that are worth more than everything buy LTC and BTC and wonder what the heck is going on(100k's premined???) The coins with the community and backing will win. Honestly that will be BTC(unless something bad happens) and one or two other alt coins. Now it's just a matter of which alt coins truly pick up steam and show they are worth something, will be an interesting time.

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
BTC-1488ZE5vUFxUbxNLdcQoaHQkx1qxYXPgNM LTC-Le9LVJKz5bu2prQicazidFmSDo3ucTSX81 Rep Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200743.msg2095050#msg2095050
aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:54:26 PM

Yes. The thing is, if a coin is to be globally accepted, all the "benefits" of one coin over another is going to be overlooked. Why? Because the average person doesn't care about what's under the hood just the fact they're trying to get money from one place to another. So what matters is getting people to use it, not that the coin has differences that set it apart unless it's a significant variance.

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
tallbikeguy

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:56:34 PM

The big advantage FC has is that (I'd bet) a heck of a lot of people have them.  For example, I mined for 8 hours on my laptop and have 120 of them.  That's the kind of broader appeal that will get some actual use.  I have very little interest in sending my $$ to Japan so I can buy some bitcoins so that I can buy stuff here.  That's probably going to be just for speculators hoping the value will go up (and apparently being successful!).

It's unfortunate that FC was setup so the people to hop into it the first couple of days could make so many.  I would think a "proper" altcoin launch would include a broadbased announcement, a reasonable difficulty to start with, and some amount of infrastructure (pools, etc) so that it doesn't appear to be just for the benefit of a handful who are premining or in at the first hour with some serious hardware.
aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:02:58 PM

The big advantage FC has is that (I'd bet) a heck of a lot of people have them.  For example, I mined for 8 hours on my laptop and have 120 of them.  That's the kind of broader appeal that will get some actual use.  I have very little interest in sending my $$ to Japan so I can buy some bitcoins so that I can buy stuff here.  That's probably going to be just for speculators hoping the value will go up (and apparently being successful!).

It's unfortunate that FC was setup so the people to hop into it the first couple of days could make so many.  I would think a "proper" altcoin launch would include a broadbased announcement, a reasonable difficulty to start with, and some amount of infrastructure (pools, etc) so that it doesn't appear to be just for the benefit of a handful who are premining or in at the first hour with some serious hardware.

It could go both ways. Some people say that an advantage of no announcement beforehand would be so that those would huge server farms don't have a chance to setup their machines before the release. Imagine if we had 400 Mh/s on the first day instead of say 20 Mh/s.

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:03:39 PM

I'm a firm believer in the BibleCoin  Roll Eyes

In all semi-seriousness, Devcoin is my preferred altchain since it's a very novel concept. Since it's merge-mined with BTC it's also got some structure to it. After that, anything SHA-256 and anything significantly premined are probably duds.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:09:00 PM

rofl- all the Feathercoin votes must be people trollin'
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 11:30:57 PM

I like under-the-radar coins because when you only have one GPU and a bunch of CPU cores you need low difficulty coins.

Particularly nice are the ones you can merged-mine alongside bitcoins (or terracoins, presumably), so that is namecoin, devcoin, groupcoin, i0coin, ixcoin, coiledcoin and geistgeld.

BBQcoin was really nice because months and months and months went by with only CPU miners mining it, so it got into a huge number of people's hands, a lot of them being game players so enough players actually have some to make it useful in games.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
justabitoftime

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:20:41 AM

Those that have a different opinion are trollin, good to know.  It's 'cute' how everything is a troll these days. Happy trading. 

zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:26:37 AM

Those that have a different opinion are trollin, good to know.  It's 'cute' how everything is a troll these days. Happy trading. 

Well said. Thanks
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:31:00 AM

Nah, just all the noobs with either under 100 posts, most being around 20-40 posts, or have joined in the last 6 months (some noobs talk a lot).  FC is about to crash and burn.  But my ignore list is filling up nicely.

Edit: Also ignoring them cleans up this subforum to an almost readable level.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:42:44 AM

Those that have a different opinion are trollin, good to know.  It's 'cute' how everything is a troll these days. Happy trading.  

It's not the fact that people who have different opinions are trolling. It's the fact the Feathercoin has been out less than a week, there is absolutely nothing to do with it but trade it on sketchy Google document trading services, there are no REAL exchanges for it, nothing to buy, no services... it is as this point completely and utterly worthless except for speculation.

Now... will that change in the future? Maybe.

But, it is a joke that so many people "believe" in Feathercoin at this point in time. There is no evidence that it will live past next month, hardly any evidence of development yet, and it is an exact copy cat of Litecoin that provides no innovation.

All the new people are just obsessed with becoming Millionaires like the early Bitcoin adopters. But, I highly doubt this will pan out the way that they are thinking it will.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:47:16 AM

All the new people are just obsessed with becoming Millionaires like the early Bitcoin adopters. But, I highly doubt this will pan out the way that they are thinking it will.

Exactly, get rich quick idiots will always lose.  Which is why they go straight to my ignore.

Cheers!
justabitoftime

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:49:11 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 07:24:01 AM by justabitoftime

Those that have a different opinion are trollin, good to know.  It's 'cute' how everything is a troll these days. Happy trading.  

It's not the fact that people who have different opinions are trolling. It's the fact the Feathercoin has been out less than a week, there is absolutely nothing to do with it but trade it on sketchy Google document trading services, there are no REAL exchanges for it, nothing to buy, no services... it is as this point completely and utterly worthless except for speculation.

But, it is a joke that so many people "believe" in Feathercoin at this point in time. There is no evidence that it will live past next month, hardly any evidence of development yet, and it is an exact copy cat of Litecoin that provides no innovation.

I respect the opinion. Some of us are putting our time and resources behind it, we'll see how things shake out in the future. It funny, we still hear the same thing about Litecoin from the Bitcoin purists. Good luck with the Solidcoin reboot. Smiley

DryPowder

Activity: 144

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:53:49 AM

O man!!!  Fucking trolls …  Cheesy

Keep Your Powder Dry
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:00:34 AM

I WAZ LOOKIN TO VOTES ON DA RUCOINS

Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:43:24 AM

Litecoins, followed by PPcoins and Mincoins
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:31:36 AM

I believe it is popular because it fills a niche that people have been waiting for. FeatherCoin can happily sit along side Bitcoin and Litecoin where as a lot of the other Scrypt coins come out as alternatave to Litecoin which I think is a mistake.

Right now I am very busy trying to get various services up to support FC. Afterwards I am returning to development of the coin.

Dacm4n

Activity: 363

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:46:28 AM

Litecoin and then Microcash even though it's not officially out yet. It's going to offer a lot more innovative changes compared to these other copycat alt-coins.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:18:09 AM

You forget the best one: namecoin.
This. Add it already.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: