Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:33:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Send BTC to other user  (Read 481 times)
xishon (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:27:46 PM

Hey guys!
     I just want to know that which RPC method is used to send BTC from one address to another address?
thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:35:47 PM

Hey guys!
     I just want to know that which RPC method is used to send BTC from one address to another address?
thanks

That depends.

Which service are you using?
xishon (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:42:22 PM

Thanks for the reply but did't understand.
let me explain my question.I had compiled bitcoin-core on my linux machine.I am using RPC calls to generate addressess etc.Now Suppose i have 10 accounts of user and want to send bitcoin from acount 3 to account 5 user.Now what method should I use?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:47:52 PM

- snip -
Suppose i have 10 accounts of user and want to send bitcoin from account 3 to account 5 user. Now what method should I use?
- snip -

Do not use the "account" system in Bitcoin Core.  It is deprecated and generally does not work the way the average user assumes.  You will cause yourself confusion and probably create a system that doesn't work well.  The "account" system in Bitcoin Core WILL be going away in a future release.

Instead, create your own database to keep track of accounts.  In that case, you can just reduce the balance for user 3 in your database and increase the balance for user 5 in your database. You won't need to use RPC method at all.

If you really want to use Bitcoin Core as an account system (This is a very bad idea!), then you need to decide if you just want the "Account" in Bitcoin Core to be updated without actually moving any bitcoins, or if you want to actually send the bitcoins to a new address.

If you just want to update the "account" and not actually move the bitcoins to the new address, then you can use the following command:
Code:
move <fromaccount> <toaccount> <amount>
You should REALLY think about NOT doing this.  These "account" features will go away in the future, so you should probably just create your own account system now rather than wasting time on something that you'll have to do all over again later.

If you want to actually send bitcoins to a new address, then you can use the following command:
Code:
sendfrom <fromaccount> <tobitcoinaddress> <amount>

Please be aware that Bitcoin Core WILL ALLOW AN ACCOUNT TO HAVE A NEGATIVE BALANCE.

Please be aware that Bitcoin Core WILL USE BITCOINS THAT WERE RECEIVED AT ONE ACCOUNT TO SEND FROM A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: