Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:24:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *  (Read 1559 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Arvicco (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

Please bear with me

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 08:29:38 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2013, 04:54:01 AM by Arvicco

virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 11:21:48 PM

Hey. Had a quick question.

I have some Ripple, but I thought you could trade for BTC directly with Ripple. So that's not possible? Then what's the point of Ripple if someone still has to trade first? Ripple is so confusing.  Undecided

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 01:32:27 AM

Hey. Had a quick question.

I have some Ripple, but I thought you could trade for BTC directly with Ripple. So that's not possible? Then what's the point of Ripple if someone still has to trade first? Ripple is so confusing.  Undecided

Inside Ripple, you can trade XRP only for IOUs issued by other participants. For example, you can sell your XRP for BTC IOUs of one of the gateways. You then need to open an account with this gateway and ask them to redeem BTC IOUs that you've got. Hopefully, you'll get BTC on your gateway account as a result. After that, you can withdraw these BTC to your Bitcoin address, if the gateway allows this. If you're interested to learn in detail how various components of Ripple work, this is a worthwhile exercise.

Sounds complicated? Just send XRP to my address, pm me your Bitcoin address and get your payment in real BTC in no time. Wink

I've read about it and still doesn't make sense. The gateway Bitstamp will get the BTC IOUs and won't honor the IOUs because there's no trust with the stranger doing business with them yet. In which case, the IOU will just sit there pending until the right amount of trust is worked out between all the members and the gateway allowing the IOU to be paid off. And then by doing this I lose XRPs? But if I send you XRPs directly then I won't be charged any XRP fees in the transaction?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
Nyr

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:13:12 PM

Vouch for Arvicco, I just got BTC for my Ripples.

Fast transaction and honest guy ^^
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 03:29:04 PM

sending you 20k and a PM right now Smiley
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2229
Merit: 1057