Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:52:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, the GUI/monitor for CGMiner and BFGMiner to prevent downtime  (Read 180418 times)
milone (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 06:01:10 PM

Question: Is there a way to set the pre-values?

Like we do in a .bat file:

color 0A
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

In Profile Manager, instead of selecting the executable for the Miner Path (e.g. cgminer.exe), select the batch file and it will launch the batch file instead of the executable.

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
Makitaki

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:19:36 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 08:45:16 AM by Makitaki

Well, Justin, since v1.3.3 I have more problems than before (and before I had almost zero problems Smiley).

1. Auto-launch (Run when Windows starts) doesn't work anymore both in Win 7 and in Win 8. In Win 8 it says the following when I check this box and then press Save Settings (btw, this option still works flawlessly in v1.3.2 on the same machine). Something wrong happened between versions?

2. Auto-delay (When CGWatches auto-launches miner at startup, delay launch by) stopped working entirely in v1.3.3+ despite the line AutoLaunchDelay=60 being present in CGWatcher.exe.ini. It just runs the miner almost immediately. Deleting everything from the folder and downgrading to v1.3.2.1 also doesn't help. Something to do with some Windows registry keys maybe? What exactly should I delete to make this feature work again without reinstalling Windows from scratch?

3. Coin Profitability tab still shows garbage as I described earlier here. Well, it's not a big deal but this bug is still present.

I hope this info will help you to improve your otherwise almost perfect program!
rob151515

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:21:15 AM

Thanks for taking the time to write this brilliant piece of software. If I can get it working I'm sure it will be great as I've been having the occasional "cgminer has stopped working" in the middle of the night.

I just need a bit of help getting it working. I think I may be doing something wrong...

I have 2 ATI 280x cards. I have cgwatcher running and starting the mining successfully after a reboot. This morning I noticed that the output from cgminer was saying that gpu0 was sick and my hash rate had also obviously lowered substantially. I had already set cgwatcher to restart if it detected a sick gpu but nothing happened?

While the gpu was sick I also tried telling it to restart if the khash/sec dropped below 900 which it was. I saved the settings (do I need to restart cgwatcher?)
and again nothing happened. The gpu remained sick.

I think I may be missing something fundamental here...

Thanks, and again thank you for taking your time to write this software!  Smiley
milone (OP)

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 05:03:25 AM

Makitaki:  I'm working an update right now that will hopefully resolve the first issue. This is the first I've heard of there still being a startup problem with Windows 7 in regard to the latest version of CGWatcher, but there have been a few reports of problems with Windows 8. I'm unable to reproduce the second problem you posted, but if you can email me the cgwatcher.log file from your CGWatcher folder (my email address is in the readme), I'll see if it gives any clues. As far as the third problem, I think this is related to the culture settings on your computer because I'm using a .NET function to format these values. I think the best way to handle it may be an option to turn formatting off for these fields.

rob151515: While CGWatcher is running there are many times where it will need to pause the monitor while certain things are happening - when the miner is starting, for example. It's possible that on one of these occasions the monitor is not getting un-paused, which would cause the problems you mention. I've already looked through the monitor code and didn't see any reason it should not perform these checks... and the monitor code involved here has not been modified for quite some time. So I'm fairly certain it's a pausing issue. I'll hopefully have this fixed in this update as well.

I'm spreading my time between two places right now, and at the moment I'm not at home on my main desktop. TeamViewer somehow got stuck on requiring a prompt in order for me to connect to my desktop from here, so I'm limited to what I can do. I have all of the code but I'm not able to test a lot of things on my notebook because it can't actually mine. So I'll try to get the update out as soon as possible, but it may be a couple days. I may have to make a trip home just to fix Teamviewer.

CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
stef942

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:33:18 AM

Well, Justin, since v1.3.3 I have more problems than before (and before I had almost zero problems Smiley).

1. Auto-launch (Run when Windows starts) doesn't work anymore both in Win 7 and in Win 8. In Win 8 it says the following when I check this box and then press Save Settings (btw, this option still works flawlessly in v1.3.2 on the same machine). Something wrong happened between versions?

right-click cgwatcher icon>> run as administrator, then no more this error, it works for me  Cool
milone (OP)

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 07:46:11 AM

Yeah the Windows startup problems are due to permission issues. In the next update, you can set the following options when enabling the "start with Windows" option:

[] Start CGWatcher when Windows starts

O Using Registry Entry
     O Using Startup Folder
        for
     O Current User (recommended)
     O All Users

If you select Current User you should not have any issues, whether you use the registry or startup folder. If you select All Users you will most likely need to run CGWatcher as Administrator for it to work (you will be notified if it fails). You can change these settings at any time and the previous entry will be removed (again, CGWatcher would have to be run as Administrator to remove any All User entries) so there won't be any left over registry entries or startup shortcuts leftover. I've tested this on Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, so it should resolve the issues that have been reported.

The update is finished but I can't release it until I get home, which I was planning on doing tomorrow. But I wrecked my truck tonight so I won't be home until Tuesday night, so the update will be available Wednesday. There are a lot of other improvements and some new features, so I think it will be a good update.

milone (OP)

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 01:02:55 AM

Notable changes in 1.3.4:

• Data output option in Settings -> Data tab to output stats to a file at a specified interval for creating reports in other software.
  • api-network config setting changed to boolean data type (had been set as a string data type)
  • Resizable main window and increase/decrease text sizes (drop-down list in Tests tab, considered beta) to accommodate Windows text
sizes larger than 100%. Changes do not persist until feedback is collected.
  • Miner startup threshold (seconds) setting created/added to UI
  • Kill miner process during restart (instead of sending quit command) option added to improve stability
  • Option to always kill miner process instead of quit command for GPUs that bluescreen during miner shutdown (270, 290 series)
  • Coin profitability data improvements to reduce api calls
  • Coin data can now be sent from CGRemote, allowing all miners running CGWatcher to be updated with one API call.
  • GPU-related numeric config settings changed to strings to accommodate variables.
  • Create individual coin profitability adjustments in Coin Manager
  • New (optional) feature to switch profiles without restarting the miner in possible.
  • CGWatcher can show which coin you're mining on some multi-coin pools (additional pools support coming soon - min 5 minute updates)
  • Fixed email not working if active profile did not have a coin assigned to it.
  • Accepted/Rejected/Stale share count last change time reset if pool changes.
  • Fixed api-allow not putting W: in front of localhost IP if it did not have it and other addresses were present.
  • Fixed scheduled action failure threshold not being honored when actions were not successful.
  • Coin symbol max length increased from 3 to 5 to allow new coins using 4-character symbols.
  • Fixed start miner attempts and thresholds not working correctly in some scenarios.
  • Fixed issue with coin profitability data formatting, and added an option to disable formatting in Coin Manager.
  • Other fixes and improvements and stuff I forgot to write down.

Einewton

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:54:51 AM

Hey Milone,

Thanks sooo much man! This new release raised the bar! My miners have gone all day without BSOD. They are more stable than ever... Great Christmas present, Thanks dude!

-= Got BitCoin? =-
kazzanzaki

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:51:07 PM

Hi Milone. I sent you a message on email.
Einewton

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:21:47 PM

Hey Milone,

I got to test the new app that you released this week, and it appears that this feature (I quoted from an earlier post below) is still not working... What can I do? I've lowered the grace period and lowered the TotalHashCount from 3 to 2 in the .ini to see if it'd pick up when a GPU wasn't behaving..

I've ran into something over the past few day's and wanted to run it by you... So I've got 7 GPU's that I put into one profile... That works fine, but when one of those GPU's fail, the hash rate falls below the Scrypt hash rate but doesn't restart the miner... Any idea's why?

I'm running into the same issue on another miner I've got that's got 5 GPU's in it... Here's a screen shot of my settings (See that I've set the setting to 3.87)... I would appreciate if you could give me a suggestion for this feature to work?

https://i.imgur.com/NaqrsP6.png

-= Got BitCoin? =-
milone (OP)

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 05:38:53 PM

I did look over the code for this before I released the latest update and I didn't find any reason it would not run. When this happens - when your hashrate is lower than the cutoff and it does not restart - please go to the Tests tab and click the 'Create Debug Report' button and email me the results. Hopefully this will show why a restart was not triggered.

kimpeck

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:39:23 PM

Hi,

Thank you for the program and I'm also loving the CGRemote.

One question.

Using AMD's 7990's on several systems and I have noticed that GPU 0 settings change CGminer GPU 1 settings and GPU1 settings change CGminer GPU 0 settings.  Is there anything I need to do to get them in sync.

regards
milone (OP)

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 06:34:35 PM

In the GPU tab, there is a small link under the hashrate that says "Incorrect hashrates for this GPU?"  Click this link to open the GPU Map window. This window allows you to map GPUs manually.

You may need to also use the gpu-map setting in cgminer to map openCL:ADL correctly.

You can read more about GPU mapping in cgminer and CGWatcher here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159267.420

Schwede65

Activity: 309

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:41:35 PM

hi milone,

really great software!

thanks for this - 0.3 btc has been sent to your address

Transaktions-ID: 649240669a10d1c3421ef70ea2c1ac0a7e3c8f8fe854d0460533667f2313fab4

cheers!
milone (OP)

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 05:59:14 PM

hi milone,

really great software!

thanks for this - 0.3 btc has been sent to your address

Transaktions-ID: 649240669a10d1c3421ef70ea2c1ac0a7e3c8f8fe854d0460533667f2313fab4

cheers!

Thanks, I really appreciate this. If you think you might find CGRemote useful and are not already in the beta, email OR PM me your email address and I'll send you the info and a download link.

Gasai Yuno

Activity: 154

Yukki Yukki Yukki!

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:36:06 PM

with new versions, config profiles cant be saved.

when u start cgwatcher it ask to create for a new config file.

i installed the oldest version of chwatcher it is okey. everything is fine.

im running it about 3 days stable no crash.

should i go to new versions or is old version okey also? what u recommend?
milone (OP)

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 06:41:10 PM

I recommend using the latest version because it may have fixes and improvements over older versions. But I leave links to older versions on the download page in case a new version introduces a problem, or some people prefer not to change things unless they need to.

Where is your CGWatcher folder located? If you put the CGWatcher folder inside any of the following folders, it may cause permission issues with Windows and you might have to run CGWatcher as Administrator for it to work properly:

C:\Program Files
C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\ProgramData
C:\Windows
C:\Users\<username>\Desktop

If that isn't the problem, in the latest version go to the Settings tab, then click the Storage sub-tab. Make sure CGWatcher is able to write to both of these files (that they are not inside any of the folders listed above).

And as a last resort, try running the latest version as Administrator, which should clarify whether this is a permissions issue or not.

rampalija

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:13:41 PM

Can u help me with this, every 1 hour my miner restarts and it says this

Code:
Watch for miner, expected process is 2252 (alive).
[1/2/2014 12:03:19 AM]   [d] CGMiner process is running using ProcessID 2252, expecting port 4028.
[1/2/2014 12:03:20 AM]   [d] CGMiner running but without API access... waiting to try again.
[1/2/2014 12:03:22 AM]   [d] CGMiner running but without API access... waiting to try again.
[1/2/2014 12:03:24 AM]   [d] CGMiner running but without API access... waiting to try again.
[1/2/2014 12:03:25 AM]   [d] CGMiner running and API initialized on port 4028, process matched to profile Test.
[1/2/2014 12:03:25 AM]   [d] Finish wait for miner to start, process is 2252 (alive).
[1/2/2014 12:03:25 AM]       CGMiner started successfully.
[1/2/2014 12:03:25 AM]       CGMiner was successfully launched upon startup as you requested.
[1/2/2014 12:07:04 AM]       User clicked Restart button to restart CGMiner. Attempting to restart...
[1/2/2014 12:07:04 AM]   [d] Miner.Restart begin.

jrslyrics

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:33:16 AM

Great App for keeping CGminer organized when mining multiple coins. Really good job.
milone (OP)

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 05:00:42 AM

Can u help me with this, every 1 hour my miner restarts and it says this

Code:
Watch for miner, expected process is 2252 (alive).
[1/2/2014 12:03:19 AM]   [d] CGMiner process is running using ProcessID 2252, expecting port 4028.
[1/2/2014 12:03:20 AM]   [d] CGMiner running but without API access... waiting to try again.
[1/2/2014 12:03:22 AM]   [d] CGMiner running but without API access... waiting to try again.
[1/2/2014 12:03:24 AM]   [d] CGMiner running but without API access... waiting to try again.
[1/2/2014 12:03:25 AM]   [d] CGMiner running and API initialized on port 4028, process matched to profile Test.
[1/2/2014 12:03:25 AM]   [d] Finish wait for miner to start, process is 2252 (alive).
[1/2/2014 12:03:25 AM]       CGMiner started successfully.
[1/2/2014 12:03:25 AM]       CGMiner was successfully launched upon startup as you requested.
[1/2/2014 12:07:04 AM]       User clicked Restart button to restart CGMiner. Attempting to restart...
[1/2/2014 12:07:04 AM]   [d] Miner.Restart begin.

Do you have the monitor set to restart the miner at a set interval? Or a scheduled action? There is not enough of the log here to see what is going on. After this occurs, go to the Tests tab and click the 'Create Debug Report' button. Email this to me (my email is in the readme). This should help show what is happening if this is unexpected behavior.

On a related note, I've just finished adding in-app bug reporting to CGRemote, so it should probably be in the next CGWatcher update also to make reporting issues easier.

Great App for keeping CGminer organized when mining multiple coins. Really good job.

Thanks... always nice to see a post reply that isn't some sort of problem. Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: