Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:28:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to Start Mining, Where, How and What is needed [Where to start][April 2017]  (Read 466 times)
ivanst776 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:03:16 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 08:20:40 PM by ivanst776

It's been a while since mining seems to be profitable and I'm wondering now to start mining (even though it is late)

My questions are:

1. - What to mine?
1. a) Does Ethereum worth mining? If now what alternative worth?

2. - What equipment are best values and that reached the ROI in a short period of time?

3. - I'm counting 0 cent for electricity just to estimate the profit, I'm thinking to buy graphic cards but is there anything better or any other alternative?

Btw it costs $0.09 per kwh.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:17:07 PM

1) What to mine changes frequently. For gpu mining I recommend ETH if you have RX 480 and Zcash if you have GTX1070,80 etc.
2) RX480 has good ROI ATM for ETH mining. According to https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/sapphire/radeon-rx-480-ethereum-mining/ it is 141 days, but you have better power cost and if you use a gpu with modified bios maybe roi will be better. But if ETH price/block reward drops and difficulty increases then ROI will be longer.

I use 6 gpu rx 480 rig and mining eth +dcr as dual mine and I'm pulling around 900-1000 watts from wall.
3) You may consider buying ASIC miners but I have no idea if those would be better in terms of profit.
ivanst776 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:31:33 AM

1) What to mine changes frequently. For gpu mining I recommend ETH if you have RX 480 and Zcash if you have GTX1070,80 etc.
2) RX480 has good ROI ATM for ETH mining. According to https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/sapphire/radeon-rx-480-ethereum-mining/ it is 141 days, but you have better power cost and if you use a gpu with modified bios maybe roi will be better. But if ETH price/block reward drops and difficulty increases then ROI will be longer.

I use 6 gpu rx 480 rig and mining eth +dcr as dual mine and I'm pulling around 900-1000 watts from wall.
3) You may consider buying ASIC miners but I have no idea if those would be better in terms of profit.

I'm thinking to purchase multiple RX 480 but I'm seeing that RX 470 has a better ROI time (reaching it faster)

What I'm wondering more is about what coin to mine, I think only Ethereum but how do you dual mine? Does it dedicate all hash power to both coins or it is split into both of them equally?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: