Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:06:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Round coin warning..  (Read 5118 times)
officialscamalert

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:59:46 AM

Wait, so did anyone make money with this coin or is it all speculative? I usually see people only complaining about how much of a scam Roundcoin is.

Hard to say. The founders are most likely pumping and dumping ROUND. Heavily manipulating the price so they can make their network appear more valuable and get more unsuspecting victims to support their scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
officialscamalert

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:04:14 PM

Reddit investigators have found that the round devs have plagiarized their entire site in addition to their other offenses

http://www.web-freeks.com/
officialscamalert

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:21:20 PM

Reddit investigators exposing ROUND as an unethical scam that is involved in illegal activities

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6b2sgn/we_need_to_stir_this_hows_round_the_top_asset_by/
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:52:07 PM

Even with all the scam stories the price of Round had a good rally in the past few days and i am not certain what made those rallies and why people are investing into it.If the said accusation is true then we will see them breaking the bubble pretty soon.I did not enter the coin because i have not heard good things about it either.
officialscamalert

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:56:20 PM

Even with all the scam stories the price of Round had a good rally in the past few days and i am not certain what made those rallies and why people are investing into it.If the said accusation is true then we will see them breaking the bubble pretty soon.I did not enter the coin because i have not heard good things about it either.

Indeed, there is no fire for this smoke. No announcements, not updates, nothing. The devs have kept ROUND to one unregulated exchange in their region to be able to easily manipulate the price with wash trades and liqui makes a handsome fee so they look the other way. This amount of artificial pumping is unprecedented in the crypto community.
officialscamalert

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:05:46 PM

Round devs attempting to suppress theft of digital property

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:19:23 PM

Do they have an official thread here already? majority of the coins here are just clone of the other coins,but of course it's not right to copy some one works,but it's very rampant here in the cryptocurrency it will just go down who can develo their coin and price better
It's a shitcoin put out by copypasting shitheads, and doesn't everyone with a new, unnecessary crypto do this nowadays?   Not that it's right, but what do you expect?   Everyone in the crypto world is trying to get rich quick and yet at the same time is lazy as fuck.  This example here is just one of many, and I'd never even heard of roundcoin before.

Yes, I'm just posting a warning for folks. Perhaps somebody is invested in round coin and if so they may want to use extra caution. Use a stoploss etc.

Best regards,
Brian
Those that will make their money from round coin has make their money the remaining thing now is the sacrificial lamb. The novices will fell to this traps of this pump and dump group. Be wise as many people has make loses investment in New coin.
GetClams.com

Activity: 179
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:38:32 PM

look at the chart. classic pump and dump. I saw that coming from a mile away.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:40:39 PM

In addition to that. The team members remain anonymous. They're not on their webpage nor on their thread..

The coin has been pumped up quite high recently.. This is likely done with the right hand and left hand..

I.e. they own a huge percentage of the coins and can manipulate the price

They might not be a scam. But they seem to lack some ethics.

Best regards,
Brian

What do you mean they are anonymous?  They made an ICO and gathered investors bitcoins to develop something and get paid with those bitcoins and they did not tell them who they are?  And people gave them bitcoins? Come on.  How can you hire an antonymous person?
Weatherby

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:50:06 PM

look at the chart. classic pump and dump. I saw that coming from a mile away.
I do find them in Liqui and i did miss getting it when the price was around 2000 satoshi and when the pump started i was never confident to get into that rally because i did not know anything about that coin and i did not follow any news and on searching i just found this thread,but still i am not sure what to make of it because the price crossed 10k sat and i did not see any massive dump in the price yet.
officialscamalert

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:18:20 AM

In addition to that. The team members remain anonymous. They're not on their webpage nor on their thread..

The coin has been pumped up quite high recently.. This is likely done with the right hand and left hand..

I.e. they own a huge percentage of the coins and can manipulate the price

They might not be a scam. But they seem to lack some ethics.

Best regards,
Brian

What do you mean they are anonymous?  They made an ICO and gathered investors bitcoins to develop something and get paid with those bitcoins and they did not tell them who they are?  And people gave them bitcoins? Come on.  How can you hire an antonymous person?

Do we know who they are? Or their location? Or their work history? Their merit? Their capabilities? Join the rest of us head scratchers...

They continue to hide their identity to protect against anyone coming after them for their shady and illegal behavior. It is not clear weather anyone actually bought into their ICO and invested in this unregistered security because their portal was a simple website with no marketing to support it. With this, they somehow magically raised 100 BTC for an Ethereum project that would magically send out ROUND, even though it was not clear weather this smart contract actually existed at the time of ICO.

Who in their right mind would send their hard earned BTC into that an uncertain situation like that after all the past scams that have occurred?
officialscamalert

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:00:36 PM

Devs deleting criticisms instead of addressing issues

"I am not ignoring the support, but I do not understand why someone would support this platform if they actually cared about crypto or csgo. There are literally 100+ better competitors out there with a much better users experiences, actual safety standards and compliance.

Make no mistake, this platform is 100% centralized like legacy platforms!

Have the similar scandals in the past taught us nothing (crypto and esports)? I have tried out the platform, and I was completely disappointed. There is no quality or value add from what already exists, in fact it is a step backwards with industry developments. The platform nonfunctional more than it is functional.

The only reason this project exists is to support money hungry traders that care nothing about ethics or integrity, traders openly express this!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6b2sgn/we_need_to_stir_this_hows_round_the_top_asset_by/

The devs don't care about their product or the ecosystem because even if this project fails and crypto gets a bad rap these actors will still hide in the shadows with all the crypto they stole/traded for other assets on their plethora of trading accounts. It is also likely that they bought into their own crowdsale (BTC only for a copy pasta Ethereum based contract) so all of this "wealth" that has been created is nothing more than smoke. It can go away any second. Because the platform is less functional than functional the only thing that ROUND coins continue to be good for is to instantly sell them on liqui.io or other assets. That is not the makings of a video game currency, it is the makings for a penny stock.

Make no mistake, unlike other projects that do not delete posts from investigators so they can prove their innocence, the devs here delete hundreds of users's posts, not just mine. Instead of being transparent and addressing these issues with hard evidence they just say "haha you imagine is amaze)" in broken english. They can delete all they want but now there will be continuous documentation.

Please stop trying to get me and others to participate in this platform before it brings down everything the crypto and gaming community holds dear. We will not buy into this scheme."

EntrepreneurWarrior

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:15:31 PM

It looks quite similar to the "boiler room" setups that plague the securities, commodities and mainstream currencies industries......pump-n-dump, churn-n-burn, sandbagging, bait-n-switch, etc. The community should come up with a comprehensive list of these culprits on a Scarlet Letter listing, of course due diligence is everyone's responsibility; however, a joint effort on the communities part would serve all investors' financial well-being and crypto market as a whole.
tarust777

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:36:53 AM

https://twitter.com/Liqui_Exchange/status/910921529113874433

and now this coin is cleaned with liqui. And there is nowhere to sell it! I lost my money!  Cry
x-p

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:38:01 PM

yep, their website is down...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: