Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:02:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter change helps spammers  (Read 335 times)
electronicash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 05:28:20 AM

twitter decided to remove user names from the 140 character count. This means you can tag up to 50 people without it affecting how long your tweet can be. This sounds great right? Well if you are a spammer then it is amaz-balls! If you are an actual Twitter user then this is terrible. People are now tagging a lot of people in a post to spam them and users are getting flooded with spammy @ mentions which is also drowning out real @ mentions.

Since anyone can tag you, there is not much you can do about this.

http://amp.dailydot.com/unclick/twitter-replies-broken-changes/

received the message in my email. twitter is heavily used here which we kept following each other so we can spam each other, and they just made it best so we can reach out each. Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
merissakate

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:16:56 PM

I read your post and agree with you I use twitter in daily bases because of my university Need Assignment Help updates their all academic news on twitter and I am so glad to read this "twitter decided to remove user names from the 140 character count. This means you can tag up to 50 people without it affecting how long your tweet can be."
poorni

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:54:45 PM

https://angrybirdsmatchhack.club
https://angrybirdsmatchhack.club
Thank you for uploading
micromoney

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:12:39 PM

twitter decided to remove user names from the 140 character count. This means you can tag up to 50 people without it affecting how long your tweet can be. This sounds great right? Well if you are a spammer then it is amaz-balls! If you are an actual Twitter user then this is terrible. People are now tagging a lot of people in a post to spam them and users are getting flooded with spammy @ mentions which is also drowning out real @ mentions.

received the message in my email. twitter is heavily used here which we kept following each other so we can spam each other, and they just made it best so we can reach out each. Smiley

We are so tired, because of this spammers
wm59414

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:05:03 PM

twitter decided to remove user names from the 140 character count. This means you can tag up to 50 people without it affecting how long your tweet can be.
I don't think anyone likes this change.
QCT

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 04:54:01 AM

After such the update Twitter has to add the option to choose who can tag you. Coz the update may rly be useful but these spammers are awful
alexcopper

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 06:28:23 AM

wow I had no idea of the update. That seems interesting they chose such a high number of tags. Do we know the true reasoning behind it? What was the max tags before the switch?
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
April 29, 2019, 08:15:07 AM

This is the first time I read about this update, but it sounds like it will bring more spam on twitter. When I use twitter I just read tweets from the people I follow and do a retweet if I like what they say.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: