Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:09:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Schism Developing Between Lightning Network and Bitcoin Core Developers  (Read 463 times)
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:55:45 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/schism-developing-lightning-network-bitcoin-core-developers/

Undecided

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 08:14:37 PM

That's exactly what Core needs - another schism.  [Read with heavy sarcasm]

The article mentions that that talks between Lighting and Bitcoin Core devs has gotten nasty and those from those opposing Bitcoin are claiming that Bitcoin Core, without change, is stagnant and dying "as a project."

I suppose there right. When different groups constantly attack Bitcoin Core, rather than work to improve it as Bitcoin Core (not some alternative that will f*ck over users), there's no hope for resolution. The only remaining question is whether Bitcoin Core is Israel or the Palestinians.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 08:20:50 PM

Some Bitcoin Core developers have called the proposal as “technically sound,” while others have used the general argument against soft-forks and applied it to extension blocks. Overall, it appears opinion among Bitcoin Core supporters, including developers, is mixed.
Basically this destroys your* theory that Blockstream controls everything and other kind of nonsense propaganda which you fail to reject on BTU channels.

“This latest move is technically very clever, and politically brilliant.” – Emin Gun Sirer, Cornell Professor, told Forbes.
Why does anyone quote this person? Roll Eyes

If he does merge, as he did segwit despite it clearly being highly controversial, then the Cryptowar may be over.
This is an example of why this article is clearly paid for. Segwit was everything besides controversial in the development community. Not to mention the bullshit assumptions that "No extension blocks" -> "Bitcoin is dead."

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:28:14 PM

Interesting read, but perhaps I'm confused  Huh

Hard forks are bad !!!
Soft forks are bad !!!

No change then.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:57:13 PM

Basically this destroys your* theory that Blockstream controls everything and other kind of nonsense propaganda which you fail to reject on BTU channels.

I don't recall saying 'Blockstream controls everything' per se...

What really hit me in this article is this quote.  Decide for yourself if it is meaningful, credible, etc:

In semi-public discussions, Poon said yesterday that “the extension block proposal is… a litmus test for corruption in the Bitcoin community.” He further added that “Core is getting what they want (soft fork plus malleability fix), but oppose due to nonsensical reasons.”

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 09:10:12 PM

What really hit me in this article is this quote.  Decide for yourself if it is meaningful, credible, etc:

In semi-public discussions, Poon said yesterday that “the extension block proposal is… a litmus test for corruption in the Bitcoin community.” He further added that “Core is getting what they want (soft fork plus malleability fix), but oppose due to nonsensical reasons.

Give them some time, they're probably brainstorming the reason to reject the proposal as we speak. Shifting narratives on such short notice ain't easy.

Corallo said that “extension blocks are a very bad idea,” before adding that “much of the western businesses I’ve asked have no interest in any extension block proposal.” He was asked to name the businesses by a discussion participant but failed to do so.

Fucking LOL. I'm sure Corallo's first reaction was to rush to businesses to ask for their opinions. He just forgot who had he spoken to, it happens, there was so many of them... Fucking liar.

Meanwhile, the proposal is supported by purse.io, an actual bitcoin business:

https://medium.com/purse-essays/ready-for-liftoff-a5533f4de0b6

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███