Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:23:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you watch the daily (1-3 minute) videos?
I'd watch anything you're in you crazy fuck. - 4 (66.7%)
No not really, I'm tired of seeing you. - 0 (0%)
Why am I even here, I have to go do laundry! - 0 (0%)
I think it's a good idea, but it all depends on how it's done. - 2 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitTalk.TV summary show?  (Read 855 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:39:41 PM

Well, probably everyone here is well aware of "Bittalk.tv", the pretty pointless sometimes downright crazy videos I posted back in 2011 (one of the videos, an interview with Ken Armitt of CryptoXChange was actually aired on Australian television as part of a story about the exchange and people that were defrauded there). They were meant to be entertaining but also mildly educational and to support a sense of community, but I ran out of time when I co-founded the Bitcoin Magazine. Before I left there, I had started setting up the ground work for Bitcoin Magazine to have videos on the site, but never got it completed (I hope they eventually get there).

I'd like to bring BitTalk.TV back and do regular daily short videos, but not blabbering on about bitcoin's prices or fanboying about how bitcoin will save the world-- instead I want to just do what comes natural to me, and that's give a summary of the insanity that happens on these very forums and in the bitcoin community as a whole.

Serious bitcoiners may be aware of what happens on one part of these forums, but they are seldom aware of *everything* going on. Some people come for the drama (me), some people come for the trading news (no one), and some people come for the education (everyone). I'd like to condense that into maybe 2-3 minutes a day so that people can just watch the videos instead of having to read every thread here by dank about his LSD addictions, or BFL Josh talking about how the ASIC was *shipped* even though it wasn't, etc etc etc.

Sure, some of you will say "But matthew, why waste your time on this, nobody cares!", but I beg to differ. If I interviewed dank directly, I bet 20,000 people would watch it.

Anyway, since I'm limiting myself to a set amount of projects this year, I need to feel out whether something is worth the time or not beforehand. Thoughts on this idea?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: