Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:57:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: changing the whitepaper?  (Read 580 times)
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:56:24 AM

I don't even know what to say here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/63l2c0/maintainer_of_bitcoinorg_about_to_change_satoshis/dfv5z9t/

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:13:36 AM

yep core/blockstream seem to have no moral limits but love to set bitcoin utility limits

cobra tried to do this last year. many objected and the drama died..
seems like core cant take no for an answer and will just keep trying to push it rather then get over their own snobbery

if they want to do it. dont change the white paper.. they should be brave and just make their own unique and new white paper..
call it segwit. date it 2017.. mention that its from an altcoin of the blockstream elements project. and just be honest..

and then let people laugh if its an obvious "blockstream rule as kings" testimonial..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:25:42 PM

where's all the core shills?  Are they even going to try to defend this one?

Thing is, keeping the 1mb block for this long is almost as bad...but shills
not knowledgeable enough to realize that.

7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:34:26 PM

Ha... there is no way that Satoshi's white paper can be changed. Everyone has a copy- decentralized. If this attempt is real, they can only come out with a new whitepaper, which will not be accepted by many.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:34:35 PM

Who's Cobra-Bitcoin?

What about the other people involved with bitcoin.org, are they going with this?

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:36:55 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2017, 05:05:03 PM by BrewMaster

isn't this old?
i swear i heard about this at least 4 months ago, cobra or whatever said this and nothing happened.

has this resurfaced or is it a repetition of an old drama (sorry can't open reddit from here)
#this is so fuk 'dup

There is a FOMO brewing...
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:59:15 PM

isn't this old?
i swear i heard about this at least 4 months ago, cobra or whatever said this and nothing happened.

has this resurfaced or is it a repetition of an old drama (sorry can't open reddit from here)
he re-launched his mission yesterday.
reddit
Cobra-Bitcoin -87 points 1 day ago

The paper is under the MIT license and part of the original Bitcoin project support files. The paper points to bitcoin.org, and was originally uploaded there, it's well within our right to produce an updated version that corrects the major problems. As things are right now, too many people get encouraged to read the white paper to "learn" about how Bitcoin works, and these people just come out with an incorrect interpretation of how things should be.

cobra tried to do this last year. many objected and the drama died..
seems like core cant take no for an answer and will just keep trying to push it rather then get over their own snobbery

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 05:09:39 PM

Doesn't sound like much more than a bait for you fools.

Simply stop bringing down the morale with this BS, as much as you economists and technicians might dispute, 1/3 of bitcoin's value lies in it's community stability.

All this forking and random nonsense is merely a diversion from normal affairs weakening bitcoin's integrity, and you kids are falling into the currency opponents hands.

franky1 don't dispute, you know as well as I that BU would and will never happen, no fork as a matter of fact. Yes there's "no one forcing anyone" but yet that's all these kids have been talking about these past few days. It has been catalyzed by something...

AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:11:49 PM

Surely someone has already encoded a copy of the original in the blockchain?

Sounds like an attempt to rewrite history before victory has been assured. Perhaps the asicboost conflict of interest narrative has got to some peoples heads too quickly.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:17:04 PM

isn't this old?

#this is so fuk 'dup

Old indeed.

https://github.com/bitcoin-dot-org/bitcoin.org/issues/1325

Perhaps there should be a white paper that is a current overview as it's the first stop for many, but it should in no way imply that it's THE white paper. That will always be an iconic document no matter what Bitcoin becomes.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:18:39 PM

franky1 don't dispute, you know as well as I that BU would and will never happen, no fork as a matter of fact. Yes there's "no one forcing anyone" but yet that's all these kids have been talking about these past few days. It has been catalyzed by something...

i have been pasting this sooo many times
this little nugget
What you are describing is what I and others call a bilateral hardfork-- where both sides reject the other.

I tried to convince the authors of BIP101 to make their proposal bilateral ... Sadly, the proposals authors were aggressively against this.

The ethereum hardfork was bilateral, probably the only thing they did right--

its not the intention of NON-CORE implementations to split the network.. as you say its gmaxwell and his chums baiting the community

the catalyst is
get the community pointing at BU, while blockstream try to make their TIER network for the DCG cartel.

after all blockstream and DCG had a round table meeting over a month ago, and rather than publicly release the minutes of their meeting they pushed out the "craig wright is satoshi" mantra to distract the real conversation.

i am not in any bandcamp no matter how hard they try to throw me in a band camp.
i can just see passed all the blockstream reddit scripts of REKT campaigns to pretend blockstream are the victims.

there should be no core TIER network (but gmaxwell needs it to repay the $70m debt)
there are not only 2 implementations there are over a dozen.

the only ones not playing ball by avoiding a fair open diverse decentralised peer network are blockstream(core)

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:28:14 PM

isn't this old?

#this is so fuk 'dup

Old indeed.

https://github.com/bitcoin-dot-org/bitcoin.org/issues/1325

Perhaps there should be a white paper that is a current overview as it's the first stop for many, but it should in no way imply that it's THE white paper. That will always be an iconic document no matter what Bitcoin becomes.

thanks for the link, that actually helped after reading the comments on that issue.
i still say changing it is so fuk 'dup, however i can see a new version be released with a new name like bitcoin paper 2.0 with reference to the original.

Surely someone has already encoded a copy of the original in the blockchain?

apparently they have:
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/35959/how-is-the-whitepaper-decoded-from-the-blockchain-tx-with-1000x-m-of-n-multisi
although it is a bit too advanced for me to understand in one read Roll Eyes

There is a FOMO brewing...
Rajchandu

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:56:48 PM

All this forking and random nonsense is merely a diversion from normal affairs weakening bitcoin's integrity, and you kids are falling into the currency opponents hands.

michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 06:26:57 PM

I agree, this just casts clouds over bitcoin's popularity and causes real stress over the current users. This are the reason why people moved a way from bitcoins for a moment and boosted the prices of alt-coins. Now I think they are flocking back into bitcoins and that is why we see a great drop in most altcoins nowadays.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: