Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:47:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any other Facebook alternatives out there like Taringa that are Bitcoin friendly  (Read 428 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 05:54:53 AM

I'm starting to notice the beginnings of Facebook censoring content that they do not agree with. While I know this has been going on for a while in niche ways, I have started seeing it myself now.

I would love to switch over to Taringa and actually get paid in bitcoins for posting but their site is all in Spanish and I could not locate an English version.

Are there any Facebook alternatives out there that will most likely take over as Facebook becomes more and more SJWish?

I don't really like Facebook in the first place but where I work they block most websites and I can waste my time on there and have simple communication with all of my family on there.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
687_2

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:16:43 AM

I'm starting to notice the beginnings of Facebook censoring content that they do not agree with. While I know this has been going on for a while in niche ways, I have started seeing it myself now.

I would love to switch over to Taringa and actually get paid in bitcoins for posting but their site is all in Spanish and I could not locate an English version.

Are there any Facebook alternatives out there that will most likely take over as Facebook becomes more and more SJWish?

I don't really like Facebook in the first place but where I work they block most websites and I can waste my time on there and have simple communication with all of my family on there.

It seems you have to have a Facebook account in order to use Taringa, that's probably their KYC mechanism that they use when paying their top producing content creators.

It would be great if such a thing were created in a pure p2p format; maybe Open Bazaar will eventually add similar features and become a web browser alternative.

Buy the dip with the security and privacy of your own wallet: use cross chain atomic swaps to trade Bitcoin, USDT, and Ether. Trades are secured and settled on-chain. https://sibex.io
tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:45:02 AM

I think one of the users here created a FB like social website. You can try it out: https://socrypto.com/

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 6418

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:03:42 AM

Taringa is not really a Facebook competitor. It's more like a structured discussion and link-sharing forum in the style of Reddit, not a generic communication platform to chat and connect with your friends and parents. And yes, afaik it's all-spanish.

It's really a pity ChangeTip shut down. This thread could be helpful for alternatives, but I don't have tested any of them. Sorry, too old thread. I think MiniTip is currently working.

I think you know that there are altcoin-based projects, but they are OT here.

Another way could be to use a decentralized network like Hubzilla or Diaspora and develop a Bitcoin plugin Wink

Edit: This looks interesting but it seems network-agnostic (and probably little used).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:51:22 AM

I thought 21.co is also trying to build a "paid" social network. They will only pay you if you share your FB, Linked-in etc information with them.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 05:59:39 AM

Have you heard of Steemit?

It is a social media / blogging site where you even get paid to write interesting news and or other articles.

crackhawk

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:20:10 AM

how about reddit ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: