Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:23:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bitcoin" Unlimited Officially #REKT  (Read 2890 times)
Thatstinks

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:01:26 PM

The most shocking thing about this is --> " $100 million USD per year could have been earned extra through this exploit. I think the other mining

pools can really feel pissed off with this "cheating" going on in the mining scene. The real loss is the people who exploited the whole standoff by

spamming the network and chasing new adopters away.  Angry

Can you explain how faking blocks made him $100M? Break it down please Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:14:06 PM

The most shocking thing about this is --> " $100 million USD per year could have been earned extra through this exploit. I think the other mining

pools can really feel pissed off with this "cheating" going on in the mining scene. The real loss is the people who exploited the whole standoff by

he doesnt fake blocks he kinda reuses hashes from current block on future blocks, and this isn't a problem, so he found a neat way of finding blocks slightly faster.. so what.

the problem is hes neat way of finding blocks depends some of the blockheaders bits somwhere to be changed and the block still be vlaid, but that in and of itself isn't the problem..

the problem segwit code inadvertently breaks he's neat thing-ama-bob.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
andron8383

Activity: 333

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:24:57 PM

Whole patent thing around bitmain is like cancer in open society.
This is great exaple where leads centralization in mining of you allow such stuf you will definietly end with one single miner who don't give afuck to BITCOIN at all. BU miners just count on higher fees and advatage in mining nothing else matters they don't want fix bugs anything this is cancer that have to be cut uot of system to move forward.
I think that UASF with 80% nodes + 55% hashrate and we wil move BTC to segwit area.
Lets force that segwit and end whole drama, leter with internet progress we can build bigger blocks in tempo that wopuld not kill BTC nodes.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:39:32 PM

and now the burst your bubble moment

ASICS have been around alot longer than segwit has.

trying to assume that asics were hard programmed to actively attack segwit is like blaming a caveman for something invented much much later.

let me guess Jihan has a time machine and seen october 2016's segwit code and and went back in time to 2015 and started building the blueprints for the s9 specifically to hurt segwit

p.s im using gmaxwells announcement of him reverse engineering a chip... (before you propaganda twist it into being about software)
afterall your all complaining about bitmain (hardware company) not CGminer (software company)

kind of funny hardware and cgminer developed befor segwit:bitcoin was even released is suddenly.. 6 months into segwit deadline a "sudden threat"

yawn
gmaxwel has $70m debt to repay and is actually looking to for any reason to split the network.
afterall he did ask nicely early on
What you are describing is what I and others call a bilateral hardfork-- where both sides reject the other.

I tried to convince the authors of BIP101 to make their proposal bilateral ... Sadly, the proposals authors were aggressively against this.

The ethereum hardfork was bilateral, probably the only thing they did right--
and has slowly got more and more desperate each week closer it gets to the deadline when he is suppose to offer something to appease his VC masters.

meanwhile other implementations plod along for the last 2 years + making no threats no deadlines and no timebomb or PoW nukes..

time to say blockstream are getting REKT.

all them real independant core devs. maybe its time to maintain core without blockstream reliance because blockstream wont be around forever

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:03:05 PM

We don't have problem here.
-snip-

i think your spider is going in circles around the web. its counting the same nodes over and over.

but hey, you used colour. so that it can gain attention and make the sheep smile

You're Welcome and have fun.
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/increased-politicization-bitcoin-mining-distraction/

But Miners Don’t Control Bitcoin

The main issue with the concept of mining pools choosing to promote a specific vision for Bitcoin’s consensus rules is that these actions have no bearing on what will happen once a new, forked version of Bitcoin is available to trade against the original version of Bitcoin. While miners can indicate their support for a specific proposal, it’s the users who will decide whether a successful hard fork has happened, an altcoin has been created or the new version of Bitcoin has any support at all.

On top of that, it is oftentimes difficult to tell the difference between a hard fork and an altcoin at first glance.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:45:41 PM

As mentioned above it is not faking blocks, the $100M comes from the ~30% efficiency gain.  (ref. https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-April/013996.html) This looks like a ballpark figure based on the 12.5 BTC mining reward at current prices.

This has been screwing every miner besides BitMain, screwing every user through higher fees thanks to their mining empty blocks (not to mention creating artificial scarcity leading to negative press coverage because these empty blocks), screwing Bitcoin's price and progress by blocking SW/LN because it conflicted with ASICBoost... I doubt there are any honest supporters of BU left at this point on these forums, outside of paid shills and BitMain insiders. There is just no possible case for legitimate support of them, and if you look at their posts they are not making a legitimate case - just blame-shifting, changing topics, denying, trying to turn tables and otherwise avoid what has become undeniable. They imagine that through sheer volume they can change our minds or change the situation they find themselves in. Really, they are just pissing us off more and more.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
andron8383

Activity: 333

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:56:41 PM

They imagine that through sheer volume they can change our minds or change the situation they find themselves in. Really, they are just pissing us off more and more.

That is why i belive there is only way with UASF with like 51%... and let BU have own form where bitmain will be king of the hill Smiley...
Miners are form mining not choosing BTC path IMO.
Is better to have action like ETH/ETC than stay in deep shit forever.
Better chain will win and market will chose better one.
IF core of BU fails we will move forward.
With SF we can form as much we want and improve.
With HF there is no way back.
felipehermanns

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:34:57 PM

I love youre firework pic Icebreaker, i always knew someday this disgusting hostile take over will end like that.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

where is those paid BUG COIN supporters? come on guys, don't be shy, shout out here your technical big texts, cry like a kid,

BU just piss off, no one wants you
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:42:20 PM

They imagine that through sheer volume they can change our minds or change the situation they find themselves in. Really, they are just pissing us off more and more.

That is why i belive there is only way with UASF with like 51%... and let BU have own form where bitmain will be king of the hill Smiley...
Miners are form mining not choosing BTC path IMO.
Is better to have action like ETH/ETC than stay in deep shit forever.
Better chain will win and market will chose better one.
IF core of BU fails we will move forward.
With SF we can form as much we want and improve.
With HF there is no way back.

Yeah, I'd love for BU to get their own coin at this point (preferably after getting them to follow through with trades like Loaded offered so that they have no more BTC), just to watch it crash and burn like the Hindenburg.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 11:26:24 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 07:40:50 AM by iCEBREAKER

tl;dr Bitmain is ripping off the network by secretly faking proof of work, and blocking segwit because it will stop their rent-seeking strategy of covert cheating.

So the blocks that Bitmain creates are fake by the Bitcoin protocol standards? Wow.
Congratulations, you've reached a new low in lying.

Nobody said Bitmain blocks are fake.  Your lack of understanding is confusing you.

Try reading the entire GMAX post, if you can handle the deep dive and want to learn about exactly where/how/why Bitmains's (fake) PoW becomes real blocks.

Or if you want to remain casual, the Medium article I quoted is an excellent walk-through for the less technical.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 12:15:02 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2017, 12:28:55 AM by franky1

tl;dr Bitmain is ripping off the network by secretly faking proof of work, and blocking segwit because it will stop their rent-seeking strategy of covert cheating.

So the blocks that Bitmain creates are fake by the Bitcoin protocol standards? Wow.
Congratulations, you've reached a new low in lying.

Nobody said Bitmain blocks are fake.  Your lack of understand is confusing you.

Try reading the entire GMAX post, if you can handle the deep dive and want to learn about exactly where/how/why Bitmains's (fake) PoW becomes real blocks.

Or if you want to remain casual, the Medium article I quoted is an excellent walk-through for the less technical.

"fake "pow"
sorry but tha SHA's work
they calculate fine.

whats next
libsecp256k1's validation is fake validation.

whats next
go further back in history and claim ATI's GPU effiency is fake compared to Geforces less efficient gpu mining. dueing the GP hash race of 2011-2013

whats next call anything created prior to segwit an exploit /intentional attack on segwit, even if that older item was built way before segwits existence. rather than admit gmaxwell only realised  last month that segwits soft bypass ran into an issue. and the only solution to get around it is to finally have a usernode consensus upgrade afterall..

but hell no
gmaxwel proclaims jihan went back to 2015 made an asic specifically to target software that months later was only theory and 2 years later was not even activated

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 12:21:42 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2017, 12:36:11 AM by Quantus

The Bitcoin network has ass cancer and its name is Jihan Wu.

I use to think the fake transactions mining pools in China were creating were to push a false narrative for larger blocks but maybe I was wrong.
Mining pools are using fake transactions to boost efficiency somehow.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 12:35:52 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2017, 06:44:56 PM by franky1

The Bitcoin network has ass cancer and its name is Jihan Wu.

I use to think the fake transactions mining pools in chain were creating were to push a false narrative for larger blocks but maybe I was wrong.
Mining pools are using fake transactions to boost efficiency somehow.

"fake transactions to boost efficiency"....

just done some quick maths

* stats at time of post

hmm
looks like BTCC and F2pool are the ones making more blocks than their hash %
not the other way round

*for those wishing to question the numbers

antpool being bad guys is DEBUNKED
antpool would have over 40% of blocks with of the 4 pools selected while only having mid 35% hash of the 4 pools selected if they were playing funny games.
in short BTCC are actually solving more blocks then expected.. not antpool.

next
oh the fake tx's to push the need for a feature..
https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-count?timespan=1year
note the spikes.. one quick drama period in june july..
and then prolonged spikes after october..

hmmm now what proposals needed to be pushed through during those dates..
oh yea, csv in june/july.. and segwit after october.
seems like its the blockstreamists that wanted to create mempool drama to persuade people to think their features were needed... the timing cannot lie

hmm whats next
oh, segwit getting 50% mining signallying a couple days ago which people assume is guaranteed rise in flagging... well
even f2pool was good enough to have morals to admit something
meanwhile bitcoins segwit 31% block flagging is only temporary due to a hack expect it to drop back down below 30% in the next fortnight

https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun/status/848582740798611456
Wang Chun‏ @f2pool_wangchun

Someone hacked major mining operations and their stratum had been changed from antpool, viabtc, btctop to us. Our hashrate doubled instantly

10:07 am - 2 Apr 2017

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:45:11 AM

Is this really the end for bitmain and Bitcoin Unlimited? Are they really cheating and doing something unwanted against the bitcoin system? These are just some of the questions I would like to search for but eventually all I can see in the forum was the collision of groups and that BU and bitmain were the evil empire trying to take and invade bitcoin country.
It is more dirty nonsense by the Blockstream bastards who want to own Bitcoin for themselves.  Sort of a last desparate attempt to regain some lost ground.  Don't worry, it won't work.  Nobody is fooled.  Jihan should hash away as best as he can and so should anyone else.  If he boosts his ASIC, so be it.  Totally fair.  The others can boost theirs too.

It is sad to learn of the kind of intense wrangling that happened to Bitcoin but am not surprised since Bitcoin has now become a big industry and we should expect different varying self-vested interests to come over some of them can be helpful to Bitcoin while some can be destructive. It is all up to the whole Bitcoin community to vet and exposed those people who are working only for their own selfish and greedy interest to the detriment of the Bitcoin. Will this be the last? I don't think so for as long as we are humans things like this can happen again and again and I hope that Bitcoin can survive anytime.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 09:28:50 PM

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:34:43 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2017, 10:12:52 PM by franky1

"biggest node crash in history"

um you forget the core 2013 DB event

hell because so many blockstreamist babies cry "why do i mention cores actual biggest boo boo of thousands of nodes" (for obvious reason)
but anyway lets look at more recent numbers..

by actually counting the nodes drops in the image sources that icebreaker used

so bu dropped 420

.. but wait.. core crashed 560 nodes on the 17th... hmmmm

gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 12:07:44 AM

um you forget the core 2013 DB event
You mean the _day one_ bug in the software Satoshi wrote?  Software prior to 0.8 would fork against _itself_.   BU _intentionally_ forks like that as part of its design, they call it "emergent consensus" because the proper term of "consensus failure" is rightfully pretty scary.

.. but wait.. core crashed 560 nodes on the 17th... hmmmm

No it didn't. You're looking at spider restarts, not actual outages. Funny that you'd make this same "mistake" Bu previously did and got called out for https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/61bkqe/the_astounding_incompetence_negligence_and/

Off the top of my head I can only recall exactly one straight up remotely triggerable crash that has ever existed in the Bitcoin codebase--  a divide by zero added via the bloom filtering extension that Hearn demanded be deployed far too hastily-- and it was found and fixed by the developers before any attacker every found and exploited it.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:33:25 AM

How much extra $ has the miners made because of tx fees? This is down to G Max & co at Bitcoin Core keeping the blocksize at 1mb for 2 years longer than necessary. Yet many in the community want it to go up to 2mb now. For G Max to complain about $100m is nonsense. Core kept the fees high so miners can rake it in.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 12:36:30 AM

his is down to G Max &
Please show how I've "kept" anything at anything, or retract your slander.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:41:03 AM

Whole patent thing around bitmain is like cancer in open society.
This is great exaple where leads centralization in mining of you allow such stuf you will definietly end with one single miner who don't give afuck to BITCOIN at all. BU miners just count on higher fees and advatage in mining nothing else matters they don't want fix bugs anything this is cancer that have to be cut uot of system to move forward.
I think that UASF with 80% nodes + 55% hashrate and we wil move BTC to segwit area.
Lets force that segwit and end whole drama, leter with internet progress we can build bigger blocks in tempo that wopuld not kill BTC nodes.

What if a dishonest miner didn't upgrade? Will his ASICBOOST still work?

51% attack would be easier because other miners upgrading would have less hashing power.

Bitcoin security would be threatened = BTC price going down.

Have you ever thought about that?

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: