Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:13:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICO going to replace mining?  (Read 2765 times)
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:32:22 PM

Mining is an stage apart from the ICO. Most digital currencies gets hold by the ICO launch. Only very few progress and mining of coins gets initiated. So it depends upon the developer team plan along with the funding provided for the respective project.
I think it is more like pre-mined coins that are sold through the ICO what he is talking about. Not mining in general.
I don’t know how the coins who have too much pre-mine can get the transactions go through when/if the coins gets bigger, they don’t think it through.

I mean you can pre-mine all you want and sell them on ICO but when there is no coin left to mine there is no miners fee which would make the transactions can take a lot longer.
Coinguys

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 09:05:23 PM

If a coin is only mined.. then how is the Dev team suppose to fund their progress?  Giving away free coins helps the community i fully agree. but if the coin Dev does not have the funds to create short and long term goals, then whats the point of mining them.

ICOs are a great investment in my eyes, you get in at the lowest value, you are helping that coin Dev team with their goals, then they get launched in an exchange, you watch the value increase, you sell some to regain your initial investment and then watch and support the coin community.

The people the pre mined i feel are the ones that sell the first day or two once that coin launches.. making money.  some i feel only are in it for the money. not helping in any way of the advancement of that coin.

I also agree that some ICOs are only for the Dev to make BTC.. but i feel more of them than not want to not only create the coin, but build the community and the vision for a long time. 

Crypto Coin Investor
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 09:31:58 PM

@Coinguys

They don't.

None of these ICO idiots have produced anything useful for one thing.
If that was true it would be reflected in adoption..
Not ICO shitcoin Poloniex market prices for greedy idiot dipshit brat moron "investors"

No idea why you guys are stuck on this concept that these losers *DESERVE* to be paid.
When crypto started it was disgusting and obscene to ask for money up front.
And plenty of coins launched with out begging for hand-out's Kickstarter style.

Problem is these dipshit millennial brat retards are full of themselves and reek of self entitlement.
Want money little fucking loser assholes ? get a job at McDonalds little shits.

If you do not possess the means then post your idea for all to use and let someone who does.
The only thing ICO scammers deserve is a punch in the fucking head.

Roll up your little ICO's and stuff them balls deep up your ass Investard pricks.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Coinguys

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 02:44:34 AM

@Coinguys

They don't.

Not ICO shitcoin Poloniex market prices for greedy idiot dipshit brat moron "investors"

No idea why you guys are stuck on this concept that these losers *DESERVE* to be paid.

Problem is these dipshit millennial brat retards are full of themselves and reek of self entitlement.

If you do not possess the means then post your idea for all to use and let someone who does.

Roll up your little ICO's and stuff them balls deep up your ass Investard pricks.
well thants your opions..

but i wonder how fast you are to line up to mine them.. and then sell them once listed..

fyi  not all ICOs are scammers... 

Crypto Coin Investor
saffa

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

Good Promotion

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 03:13:54 AM

@Coinguys

They don't.

but i wonder how fast you are to line up to mine them.. and then sell them once listed..

fyi  not all ICOs are scammers... 

That's what we have brains and hearts
let me know the difference between a good and a scam ICO Grin Grin
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:38:03 AM

@Coinguys

They don't.

fyi  not all ICOs are scammers...  

A big fat zero.

I have integrity unlike the rest of you.
And no that is not opinion that is fact NOOB.
I would know because i was here when there was only a few coins.. you NOOB ?
My so called opinion is a history lesson for the greedy assholes here *NOW*.
You reap what you sow brats.. enjoy  Grin

..and yes for the kazillionth time.. *ALL* ICO's are scammy.
Hence they are all scammers.
They are a crooked by design distribution method.
It's HOW THEY WORK.. not fucking opinion.
It's called design and code NOOB's.

All you shitheads do is show up here greedy and lower the bar and try and justify bad.
NOTHING eeeeeeeeeeeeeeever changes.

You are all so greedy and corrupt you can't fathom that anyone at all out there has a shred of integrity.
The concept simply does not compute.. i know this because i have been accused of this before.

Then you have the fucking nerve to accuse me of shit ?
Why are you here brats ?

ICO's i ever supported (traded etc) ?

The world is not going to allow the replacement of mined coins with scammy ICO's.
Get real Investards.
You think the outside world wants to buy your digital centralized-exchange pyramid scheme ICO "tokens" ?

Reality Check:
They are not here are they ?
The only people here are idiot NOOBS scrounging around for whale scraps from the next shitcoin ICO.
The respectable part of the world would not touch this scammy ass ICO bullshit with a 10 foot poll.

I speak the facts.. the truth !

I read this pretty much on the cover of my news paper a year ago roughly..
It was a story on Bitcoin and how the people interviewed about it in my town in the financial industry would not show their face or give their name and admitted they don't talk to co-workers about BITCOIN ITSELF
..because it's a dirty word with a bad reputation.

THIS my stupid little reject friends is the reality.
I know because EVERY single person i ever met since 2013 said the same damn thing.
ALL OF THEM !
My friends and family to strangers on the street young & old.

SO..

Lets put this into perspective fucking mouthy idiots.

You think those same people out there want to buy your ICO shitcoins ?

LOL

springgers

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:43:25 AM

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. Undecided
After seeing the news that HumanIq joined up with Chronobank (they the same owners or some kind of hatched planned ahead of this?) if they fail then there will be a mighty blow to ICO crowdsales and all that nonsense in the future.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:49:56 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2017, 06:59:10 AM by Spoetnik

I think most people see it being done.. then assume it's ok.
They do not objectively look at the issue.

Miners invest in hardware which is a sign of good faith and dedication.
They complete a task and then are rewarded for it.

Why would shitcoin makers want to remove the step of mining a coin on launch ?
To stream line pumping garbage out for ROI's.

Is the ICO an improvement on BTC's initial distribution technically ?
Fuck no.. it's a step in reverse.

So i myself see this perspective and i can safely assume the public will see what i see.
What you all choose to see is.. dollars signs $$$
THAT ..is YOUR motivations.
Me ? I am just looking at both sides and offering a fair and unbiased opinion.
I am not tainted by greed sitting here bullshitting fer teh ROI'z.

What should matter to you all but won't.. is adoption.
And DO YOU all think the outside world is going to adopt an ICO coin like Ethereum ? Ever ?
One day the world will be clamoring to buy ETH ICO shitcoins ?
Hell no !
Money pro's out there see this as unregulated gambling type bullshit.
Like an illegal pyramid scheme stock market system for the web.

You people need to give your heads shake if you think the world is going to rush in to buy ethereum or Ripple etc.
Seriously are you all that blind and consumed with rabid contrarian greedy fanboy shady crypto defense BS ?
Pull your heads out of your ass's and see the world for what it is and not what you wish it was.

Preach to the choir more.. in vain.
Idiots preaching to the already converted idiots.
One spineless loser dipshit preaching to the already decided greedy dipshit.
You losers took over crypto.. so fine.
So be it.. you reap what you sow investards.

Posting bullshit here is not going to do anything.
All i have ever done is reflect the truth back at you guys that refuse to listen.
You think your little ICO defense speeches are going to convince the outside world they are legit ?
Go hard  Roll Eyes

QUANTUM-Project

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

CONNECTING MARKETS

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 04:18:20 PM

We are proud to announce the start of the Quantum presale period. The presale will start on April 15th, 2017. Follow our project and stay in touch with us!

QUΛNTUM │ CONNECTING MARKETS
▀│▄│▀│▄│▀│▄        Liquidity Pool ● Destruction ● Free Market ● Risk Management          ▀│▄│▀│▄│▀│▄
CONNECTING MARKETS│ QUΛNTUM
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:32:02 PM

honestly i have made some money with icos.....if you actually invest consistently in all the icos with some potential, you can mae a profit easily. there are so many icos that have risen in price 20x - 100x....it covers your loss in a couple bad ones.....that being said im gonna invest in crypto wi project next, looks very promising
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:04:12 AM

So many ICO popping up , will they eventually take over for mining? Or the miners will continue to develop new coins to launch?
Not all ICO get success, most of them are just scams. If all of the coins are distributed through ICO than those projects can't sustain for long time, there will be big dump after listing.

What are the advantages of ICO vs Mined?
I prefer to put in the work of mining, that was the whole allure and mystique of bitcoin
ICO are to generate some development fund to keep project running but mining is better way to distribute any coins.

I also love alts that do ninja launch (without pre-mining) rather than the ones that sell off more than 90% of total supply through ICO.
correct,  I agree with you..

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

Cazkys

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:07:38 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 09:03:27 AM by Cazkys

honestly i have made some money with icos.....if you actually invest consistently in all the icos with some potential, you can mae a profit easily. there are so many icos that have risen in price 20x - 100x....it covers your loss in a couple bad ones.....that being said im gonna invest in crypto wi project next, looks very promising

Yes and with many ICO's out there only few remained in tact and even has a high increase rate than others. Also it's true that mining consumes electricity but there are many infrastructures that was built solely for mining. Mining is only good for developed softwares so i guess both ICO has it's pleasures. But people who has no good device yet, i think i should stick with ICO's. Both requires patience but ICO's as great chances.
chain_chain

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:37:05 PM

I think that ico and mining are absolutely different from the beginning.
And don't be so critical about ico. There are some very good projects among scum.
sun1534

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:42:50 PM

l hate ico
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:36:24 AM

Mining is an stage apart from the ICO. Most digital currencies gets hold by the ICO launch. Only very few progress and mining of coins gets initiated. So it depends upon the developer team plan along with the funding provided for the respective project.
Yes if there are not comunity of miners on the coins, that is like centralization of coin
i don't think it will many people make investments on there,
because many peoples think that is not digital coins like bitcoin and other altcoins can be mined
 the peoples will be doubt about the future of coins.
freeElectron

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 06:52:46 AM

I think it is more like pre-mined coins that are sold through the ICO what he is talking about. Not mining in general.
I don’t know how the coins who have too much pre-mine can get the transactions go through when/if the coins gets bigger, they don’t think it through.

I mean you can pre-mine all you want and sell them on ICO but when there is no coin left to mine there is no miners fee which would make the transactions can take a lot longer.

PoW makes a coin vulnerable to chips and new technologies, are unpredictable because of their dependency on unknown things coming in the future, and wastes money to electric companies.
It's on its way out.
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:05:42 AM

Crypto roadmap
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1927648.msg19134953#msg19134953

WhitePaperIII

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:51:16 AM

Mining is cool and provides nice proofs but ICOs bring the money in needed for projects and gets the money flowing.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: