Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:11:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we brainwashed?  (Read 7869 times)
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:06:09 AM

I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

Yes, with how media is now? Not just in economics where we are bombarded by what to wear, what to eat even what to look like. We also have a warped notion of giving money to these talentless, borderline moronic "celebrities" than while police, fire fighters and doctors that actually help people out. What the crappy thing is, even our body image and opinions are dictated

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ttbd

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:32:07 AM

Everything is a brainwash From the moment you start school is the moment "they" start re-programming you. They fill your head with restrictions saying "you can't do this". They teach you if you are "bad" or "disobedient" to "their" system you will be punished. And if your follow the system you will be rewarded. They are re-programming your way of thinking and restricting our minds. We are constantly being told what we can and can't do which leads to self-doubt. We as humans have the capability to access our entire minds, but because of the mass brainwashing from the media. Government, schools etc we have been taught to doubt our own abilities. The system is almost impossible to escape because we are trapped by the poisons they are constantly spraying in the sky, in our food, the poison they spread through the media and so called "education".
NetDetective

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:33:27 AM

The television and fake news, mass media control, more than brainwashed they control us since we birth.
They tell us what to buy, how to do it, and when we do it.
That's why instead of war on poverty, they do other things.
manananggal

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:19:31 AM

We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.
No more goals,no ideas,ideology,morals of principles.
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:01:34 PM

Ahh you are right more or less, it all depends where you live and what personality you have. There are a lot of people that i know which have goal in there life. Some succeeded and some i hope will in future. But you are right when you say that most of people are made in perfect consumers, i see that more and more everyday. And it saddens me a lot. What you said about past and fight for freedom and rights are not needed in this day and age, because we have most of that. It all comes with evolution of human society. Person with enough personality will know what to do and what he wants, and won't succumb to other peoples brainwash.

Well, like the reply said, it would depend on so many factors. If you feel that you are being "urged" beyond your control to follow something that you actually don't want to do. Then, you can actually define that as brainwashing; however, you do always have a choice with what you do. Although with have societal norms and common practices that people follow in their daily lives, there are not rules that say that deviating from those would be something wrong. Maybe it would feel awkward by being different, but your life is your own, like your decisions are too.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:05:21 PM

unfortunately, it's true...we all are under tremendous influence...and it's nice sometimes to notice this and go beyond that...it's nice not to looks like the herd
beonline

Activity: 192
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:15:48 PM

Yeah but knowing that makes it less horrible
Genovese

Activity: 284
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:08:49 PM

Yes, we are all brainwashed by media, and even if we know we are, we still are. No way out.

hero1111

Activity: 1582
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:31:42 PM

Most of people are thinking only money and buy better house , better car better phone and more beautiful clothes and they are looking the phone for to follow some stupid things , i think yess we are brainwasheds because some people want it .
Gracechen17

Activity: 367
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:32:18 PM

i dont think people now do not really have goals, i think they are just more careless. They being caught up by modern world where everyone are getting lazy, being influenced by environment, social media influences but still i believe there are still people who have goals and have good principles in life.
ezbreezy08

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:35:54 PM

For me Yes we are brainwashed by our governments they thinking about themselves that's why we need to learn from our mistakes. fiat money is the biggest scam of all if you your going to watch the trailer in youtube the history of money. you'll be amaze
Brunusmagnus

Activity: 158
Merit: 11

Omnity - Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:37:26 PM

Brainwashed may be is an exageration. But non decision can be good if it's based on bad information.
So, who manipulates the media has real power.

Hopeful2017

Activity: 238

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:51:09 PM

Many people are like that nowadays. They are very dependent to others. No directions inlife and no sense of responsiility. Its like living like a grasshopper, dont know what will happen to them tomorrow.

bitminerox0621

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:53:12 AM

If you want to experience life, go ahead on a vacation on a real remote island, or best live there for months. By then you'll understand life and understand that it's the society that drives people's ambition. It's like the society is dictating people's lives which can be observed well in today's life.
Hope you'll do what I advised and hope you enjoy life. Smiley Wink Wink
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:17:21 PM

Brainwashing is done daily by TV, the internet, politicians, etc. They say how to live so that it is consistent with the imposed way of thinking.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Mr.flores

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:38:25 PM

In my mind,the real remaining question is 'how?though is not likely a simple answe.
19dimasik77

Activity: 79

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:01:02 PM

I used to always think that I think sensibly. But after studying a little advertising, I realized how much people are suggestible. And this is used by all - politicians, sellers, religion.
rondorondo

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:17:24 PM

Yes, we are brainwashed especally today. We are brainwasched through media and even  parents are damaging our brain becaouse they are also brainwashed. That is why  the  situation is very sad today on our planet.
wawanwawan96

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:01:25 AM

no one is brainwashing but growing yet ya time of money for some people everything in their life.
the more progressive and progressive mind is unlikely to return to the days of ancient Rome
JonesMark

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:45:44 AM

YES!!!
The best thing to do is to not bother with it, and just think,  what do you want to do, and do it.
Seripously. So many people gone nuts, thinking about this crap
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: