Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:37:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What coins have the highest potential tps currently?  (Read 2597 times)
I like ur coin (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:05:06 PM

Highest average transactions per second at full blocks is what I'm looking for.

No vaporware.

Actual testnet results are preferable to theoretical estimates.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:29:39 PM

WBB - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=952619.0

can already hit 10k with ease, apparently double that is no issue.  allegedly more is possible depending on reliability.

rumor is 100k one day for them.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 10:06:04 PM

Any proof?
besides a locked Thread WBB??

That's a fantastic number, like x3 the Visa network at peak.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:12:35 AM

Yesterday there was an initial stresstest for IOTA, using 60 nodes distributed globally.
There were peaks of 110 confirmed transactions per second:

https://twitter.com/DomSchiener/status/852983559975559169

A larger stresstest is planned for today, the first one was only to make sure all data gathering scripts were working properly.
Note that most (all?) cryptos claiming huge amounts of TPS have never done a gobal stresstest with more than a handful nodes.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:24:46 AM

Well, most "scalable" projects are vaporware and it's just hype. For example segwit isn't scaling, just a tool that allows lightning network in the future (2-3-5years). The first project that will really "scale" above these jokes of 10-50-100tps is ethereum with raiden in bit over 1 month with raiden. It scales with the number of participants so at first it will only have thousands (tps) at most. But with more adoption and more participants it will be able to scale over 1mil tps.

@achimsmile 110 TPS is a joke for 2017 and above. Also, i assume that 110 is on chain right ?
achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:32:58 AM

Well, most "scalable" projects are vaporware and it's just hype. For example segwit isn't scaling, just a tool that allows lightning network in the future (2-3-5years). The first project that will really "scale" above these jokes of 10-50-100tps is ethereum with raiden in bit over 1 month with raiden. It scales with the number of participants so at first it will only have thousands (tps) at most. But with more adoption and more participants it will be able to scale over 1mil tps.

@achimsmile 110 TPS is a joke for 2017 and above. Also, i assume that 110 is on chain right ?

On chain yes. But how come I haven't seen a single crypto achieving that on a public, globally distributed stresstest? Glad to be proven wrong.
In fact I agree with you, 110 really is not nearly enough, but as said, bigger stresstest today, I'll keep you updated.
achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:58:05 AM

Probably not vaporware (didn't find the sourcecode though?) , BUT this was a private stresstest on just two nodes, he'll have to actually prove that it scales on globally distributed nodes (latency, bad connections, package drop).
Centralized systems can acheive such an amount of tps quite easily, and two nodes doesn't really sound like decentralized to me.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:05:06 AM

i'd like to see some of these claims put to the test with actual extended usage. that's on top of being able to look at the code and actually being decentralised. many of them are likely to fall apart when battle tested or are talking bullshit.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 11:09:29 AM

there are at least a 100 topics on this subject which you can search for and find lists of alts after alts saying they have the highest speed of transactions.

but having faster transactions on its own is meaningless. instead you should ask
- how their network is doing? is there even nodes running by users (real decentralization) or is it a couple of nodes by a couple of services and mining pools.
- how is the orphan rate? and how is the risk of double spend!
- how is the hashrate distribution? is there any risk of different types of attacks.
- how big is their blockchain if you want to use their wallet, or run a full node at home. and how big is it going to be in a year, 2 or 8 years from now?

ask these questions and some more (that i can not remember right now) and you will end up concluding bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency with ability to handle TPS at whatever rate it currently is.

edit: a simple hint:
higher TPS > more transactions per second (each transaction takes space) > bigger blocks > blockchain size increasing at a much faster speed > storage problems
+
higher TPS > more number of transactions > more network traffic needed from nodes to propagate these transactions + more system resources needed to validate them
=
less running nodes, low network security and lots more in long run.

p.s. i'd genuinely love to see how any of these coins can handle a spam attack like bitcoin is experiencing.

--looking for signature--
achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:16:25 AM

bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency with ability to handle TPS at whatever rate it currently is.

All valid points, but I strongly disagree with your conclusion. It's been proven many times that Bitcoin can't handle enough TPS, there have been over 100k unconfirmed transactions recently, which is just not good enough.

Sadly all blockchains suffer from the limitation of transaction ordering. Off-chain is a solution, but will introduce new problems/complexity (trust, cost of opening payment channel etc.)
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 11:19:29 AM

bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency with ability to handle TPS at whatever rate it currently is.

All valid points, but I strongly disagree with your conclusion. It's been proven many times that Bitcoin can't handle enough TPS, there have been over 100k unconfirmed transactions recently, which is just not good enough.

Sadly all blockchains suffer from the limitation of transaction ordering. Off-chain is a solution, but will introduce new problems/complexity (trust, cost of opening payment channel etc.)

read my p.s. and that is a genuine interest of mine wanting to see how other altcoins can handle a spam attack as massive scale as bitcoin (100K tx) and as long as bitcoin (2-3 years).

and yeah, there is always going to be limitations and downsides in any system. nothing is perfect.

achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:20:46 AM

higher TPS > more transactions per second (each transaction takes space) > bigger blocks > blockchain size increasing at a much faster speed > storage problems
+
higher TPS > more number of transactions > more network traffic needed from nodes to propagate these transactions + more system resources needed to validate them
=

p.s. i'd genuinely love to see how any of these coins can handle a spam attack like bitcoin is experiencing.

The solution seems to be to explore new ways of organizing decentralized ledgers, apart of using chains. Chains are serial, and Block 1 has to come before Block 2 (transaction ordering). It will always be a bottleneck. We have to parallelize the processing of transactions and get rid of transaction ordering to speed things up.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 11:27:52 AM

+
=

The solution seems to be to explore new ways of organizing decentralized ledgers, apart of using chains. Chains are serial, and Block 1 has to come before Block 2 (transaction ordering). It will always be a bottleneck. We have to parallelize the processing of transactions and get rid of transaction ordering to speed things up.

interesting, any examples i can check when i get some time?

achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:32:25 AM

+
=

interesting, any examples i can check when i get some time?

Search for DAG (directed acyclic graph) and Tangle concepts.
hint:

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:44:04 AM

read my p.s. and that is a genuine interest of mine wanting to see how other altcoins can handle a spam attack as massive scale as bitcoin (100K tx) and as long as bitcoin (2-3 years).

and yeah, there is always going to be limitations and downsides in any system. nothing is perfect.

ZEIT  20X  bitcoin's current Onchain Transaction Capacity.

Our price is extremely low until the ultra low inflation activates in the next month or so.

But you could probably buy $100 worth of ZEIT and have ~ same % of coins as the BTC spammers,

Feel free to hit ZEIT with a spam attack, take your best shot. Cheesy

FYI:
Our Transaction fee is fixed and are all served in the order they appear in the mempool , none of that BTC shenanigans requiring higher fees.  Wink

Cool

FYI2:
No Limits on our Offchain Transaction Capacity,
reason being we will use multiple 3rd partys to do offchain , (No need for deadwit)
currently Cryptopia & NovaExchange you can send ZEIT offchain to another user on their exchanges,
it only comes back onchain when you withdraw from their exchanges.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 12:08:12 PM

i'd like to see some of these claims put to the test with actual extended usage. that's on top of being able to look at the code and actually being decentralised. many of them are likely to fall apart when battle tested or are talking bullshit.

todays EXP ... played with openledger ... aka BTS we can handle 1000s of TX/sec ... well it can't handle 1 market order ... maybe just f'bar UIX but still  none-functional, even for even a crypto nerd.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 12:02:58 PM

ZEIT  20X  bitcoin's current Onchain Transaction Capacity.
i have checked it out.
ZEIT  also has 2000X  bitcoin's current orphan rate.

the number of orphans created by ZEIT is about 1500 to 2000 blocks per day.

Our price is extremely low until the ultra low inflation activates in the next month or so.
when price falls under 1 satoshi we no longer call it "extremely low" we call it dead coin.
no inflation change can save or change the price anymore.
current price is 0.6 satoshi!

But you could probably buy $100 worth of ZEIT and have ~ same % of coins as the BTC spammers,
Feel free to hit ZEIT with a spam attack, take your best shot. Cheesy
FYI:
Our Transaction fee is fixed and are all served in the order they appear in the mempool , none of that BTC shenanigans requiring higher fees.  Wink
spam attack on a network where blocks are empty is useless.
asking for more fee on a network that nobody uses is also useless. which means whether fee was 1 zeit or 1 trillion zeit that would have made no difference.

FYI2:
No Limits on our Offchain Transaction Capacity,
reason being we will use multiple 3rd partys to do offchain , (No need for deadwit)
currently Cryptopia & NovaExchange you can send ZEIT offchain to another user on their exchanges,
it only comes back onchain when you withdraw from their exchanges.
why would you even need offchain when your chain can handle it Wink
and FYI if we wanted to use third parties we would have used banks not cryptocurrencies.

cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:36:59 PM

In my opinion (which is result of my research) NEM is going to have highest TPS among blockchain cryptos and IOTA is going to have highest TPS in general.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:39:04 PM

In my opinion (which is result of my research) NEM is going to have highest TPS among blockchain cryptos and IOTA is going to have highest TPS in general.

The thousands of TPS on NEM will definitely happen on a privatised version, not necessarily the public chain.

Right now I seem to remember they said the public chain is limited to about 5 TPS. If the privatised upgrade is included it'll be high but maybe not stellar. I don't think it's very clear yet.
Tasunko

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:17:14 PM

Yes, I agree with you. NEM (XEM) has very big potential. very good dev team.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable