Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:33:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when to buy, NOW  (Read 2315 times)
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:48:43 PM

Haha I remember all the same sort of talk during the year 2000 share trading bubble burst. Every type of share was going up especially technology shares. Tech companies were paying 60,000 GBP per month to rent a tiny space in a building on The Strand in London, they all were signing contracts for 3 years and more. You could buy 100 pounds worth of shares and watch them double triple quadruple within a week. Times were booming...   ... then the bubble burst, alot of people lost alot of money - I heard in the US a few people went ballistic and charged into investment banks/brokers killing people. In London (I worked in IT at an investment bank) I saw investment bankers sweating/chain smoking and getting fired because of the amount of money they had lost.  I remember loosing $40,000 USD overnight then $20,000 the next day my shares then amounted to nothing over the period of 2 weeks. The tech companies Id backed went bust within 6months. Didnt matter too much as Id only forked out $1000 USD in the first place. But I see the same sort of feverish talk - will be worth 300, 400, 1000 dollars by the end of the year. Woooohooooo. 

Its a matter of getting out at the right time. Dont get greedy or youll be a casaulty of the bubble bursting just like I was back then. phew luckily I hadnt put my house on the line as I saw other people do.

I know people will shoot this down - but I have seen it time and time again since 2000. Ultimately you are the captain on your own ship...

To be fair Bitcoin has a lot more value than many of those dot com stocks that barely even had a business model. I don't think the comparison is adequate.

No but gold and silver would be a good comparison, countries hoarding, people buying coins etc for a rainy day... Gold got up to 1900 USD an ounce a year back, now its what 1400 there abouts. Something that wasnt ment to happen. Also you cant tell me Apple doesnt have a business plan. 

ya apple has a plan to go to 700 per stock and then plumit to 350. ya buy that "sure thing" stock. haha no way if i even bout one i would have lost half my money. and with stocks its all or nothing you cant go buy .25434554 of an apple stock it 1 ten twenty etc. bitcoin can let you invest exactly the amount you want.
Djezz

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:05:27 PM

with gox getting X amount of new accounts daily, with the other exchanges adding new members daily, new exchanges popping up daily, Bitcoin has a really good chance at a very long uptrend. I definately can see it at 300-350 by years end.

+1
It might hit 300...(fibonacci?) maybe before july allready
bitleif

Activity: 351

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:10:53 PM

I got in at ~90, then decided to play stupid and try my hand at day trading. Got faked out and panic-sold at nearly the same price I bought (facepalm)  Roll Eyes

Still ended up with some coins but about 20% less than simple buy-and-hold.
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:16:48 PM

I got in at ~90, then decided to play stupid and try my hand at day trading. Got faked out and panic-sold at nearly the same price I bought (facepalm)  Roll Eyes

Still ended up with some coins but about 20% less than simple buy-and-hold.

haha SAME! I was thinking i was a bad ass cus i turned 8 coins into 12 1/2  also bout some so total was about 35...well now my total is 30.2 FML haha god i wasted a lot of money when they went up....left my buy orders in the dust. son of a bitty!  oh well lesson learned.

but it looks like its gunna slyde to about 134??? then hit the up button.
HjerterEss

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:20:56 PM

I wonder if price sort of follows difficulty? If so, then yeah its time to buy now Smiley
footrot_flats

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:42:11 AM

Looks like bitcoin isnt doing so well... after my comment being shot down above, but... people will say what they want to say, just like the tech bubble 2000. Will love the new low low price. Will buy some then wait for the long slow crawl back up. Hope you people didnt believe your own hype and buy at the high.
Sir Lagsalot

Activity: 323

The lion roars!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:23:21 AM

Man, I was trying to get in at $55 a BTC and couldn't figure out how to buy them.  It's so frustrating that this isn't as liquid as it needs to be.  There is a lot of opportunity for coders to get this kind of stuff on the market for us traders !

For anyone new to Bitcoin it definitely seems frustrating trying to figure out the wallets and the exchanges to buy the coins!  Thankfully as a Canadian, I was using Libertybit.com who lets you fund your account via email money transfers to make it easy.

Absolutely. Try buying them from South Africa sometime, with all our super-uptight banking regs. Hell, just one of our "big four" local banks offers PayPal, and they only brought that in a few years ago. We have a local exchange now though, so things are improving!

d0vr

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:38:44 AM

Personally, I'm hoping to put a fair chunk of whatever I'm able to save into bitcoins. If it grows, then fabulous. If I lose it all, I'm young, and can afford to do so. What I love about bitcoins is that all I can lose is 100%, but I have the opportunity for it to grow perhaps 300%+. My main concern though is that there isn't too many places (esp. in Australia) to buy items using bitcoins (and I rarely buy digital goods regardless).

If I do happen to make money from putting money into btc, then I hope to be able to develop and build vending machines that both accept bitcoin payments for goods, and allow customers to buy bitcoins as effortlessly as possible. I wish it was easier to buy bitcoins currently, but I suppose that is what makes them profitable for now (I believe they will explode in value and then slow down once/if they become mainstream).
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:28:13 PM

when to buy was at 80 but we wont see that again unless sr goes down ....expect 350 by christmas
technocoma

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:40:10 PM

Can't really ever see it being worth any less.

Price was built up by silkroad, but now its becoming a lot more mainstream. BTC has always had big swings up & down and i'm sure that won't stop anytime soon.
hiloh

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:17:49 PM

With the recent news that CCTV (China state TV) running a positive story about bitcoin, if even 1 million of China's 1.3 billion people want BTC the price will go to Berkshire Hathaway levels.
MoneyCoin

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:07:58 AM

Now is the time to buy I believe... the sky is the limit, I think 266 was only the beggining
hiloh

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:11:07 AM

Now is the time to buy I believe... the sky is the limit, I think 266 was only the beggining

I'm trying to buy but it's damn near impossible.
Acidman

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:24:41 AM

I do think it's the time to buy but i also feel like there is slight correction in our future as well.  According to logarithmic functions that show the exponential trend line that bitcoin has followed since it's  inception we are supposed to be arounf $80 a coin right now and this trend line has held true since bitcoins inception.  The 2011 and 2013 crashes were caused by outside factors (extreme speculation and increased media attention) that caused the price to go way above where it is supposed to be and the crashes weren't as much crashes as they were natural stabilizations in the market that were necessary and we still havent made it back down to the original trendline since the 2013 crash.      Im not saying sell because if you don't time it right then you will lose and bitcoin is supposed to be around $500 one year from now so its best to hold in the long run and blind yourself to the short term noise and speculation.
fontas

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:04:27 AM

BTC has been hosted on CCTV-2, China's National Finance Broadcast Station.

1 Billion people have turned their heads this way.

Be prepared for $110+ and $130+ before the end of the week.
supercoins

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:04:58 AM

Interesting, thanks for the info
finalmoney

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:09:26 AM

I exchanged all my btc for ltc, the btc/ltc ratio seems to be steady, but there is a chance that ltc will double in price once it hits mtgox, which they announced will happen soon...
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 09:28:23 AM

I exchanged all my btc for ltc, the btc/ltc ratio seems to be steady, but there is a chance that ltc will double in price once it hits mtgox, which they announced will happen soon...

You did it wrong, never heard of buy on rumor, sell on news? You bought on the news.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Therence

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:08:07 AM

with gox getting X amount of new accounts daily, with the other exchanges adding new members daily, new exchanges popping up daily, Bitcoin has a really good chance at a very long uptrend. I definately can see it at 300-350 by years end.

They are being flooded by too many new accounts, the waiting line to be validated is like 15000 when you create the account, and it really takes nearly 2 weeks to get validated...
They can have many new accounts (just to give an eye) but only a part of them will really trade on the market, and they're delayed due to the validation process...
scotjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:17:31 AM

However, at the same time, there are a ton of people waiting in line to get *massive* mining rigs using ASICs

This will mean a ton of new coins will be generated, and presumably a proportion of those will be sold, putting pressure on prices

The ASICs aren't going to mean that more coins are going to be generated, it means that the people with ASICs will get a larger percentage of the coins that are generated, because they will be doing a much higher number of the calculations required to mine a coin.

Thanks for clarifying - that is an important distinction!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: