Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:41:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when to buy, NOW  (Read 2315 times)
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:57:36 PM

I think that since it has and can go higher than 266 you are getting in at a good price under that amount. obviouly the sooner the better, as we can see today that it is rising quite a bit. say you had just ten coins, for every dollar it goes up you make ten, so if you bout at 100 you have made 435.10. we will continues to see the price go up as we start to go main stream.

for those of you who are just learning about bit coin I would say get in soon. yes there will be ups and downs but hold to at least the last ATH and thenif you sell you will be sitting pretty, but be prepared to kick yourself when the price goes to 500 and then to 1,000. just saying.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Sword Smith

Activity: 406
Merit: 286

Neptune, Scalable Privacy

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 10:59:17 PM

I think that since it has and can go higher than 266 you are getting in at a good price under that amount. obviouly the sooner the better, as we can see today that it is rising quite a bit. say you had just ten coins, for every dollar it goes up you make ten, so if you bout at 100 you have made 435.10. we will continues to see the price go up as we start to go main stream.

for those of you who are just learning about bit coin I would say get in soon. yes there will be ups and downs but hold to at least the last ATH and thenif you sell you will be sitting pretty, but be prepared to kick yourself when the price goes to 500 and then to 1,000. just saying.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
+1
I personally believe that we will be above 500 before the year has ended and probably also before fall. But everybode should know that there are zero guarantees when you choose to get involved in a market like this!!

austinwillis81

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:03:19 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 12:38:52 AM by austinwillis81

Yep I can't agree any more, get in now or get burned like a lot of people did when it hit ~260. Too many people are trying to make a quick buck on the daily fluctuations, but i believe if you really want to make some money and just hold it, and its a lot easier than becoming a day trader  Grin
hottiehair

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:04:50 PM

This is going to be huge watch out for $1000 and beyond.
Sword Smith

Activity: 406
Merit: 286

Neptune, Scalable Privacy

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 11:10:09 PM

Yep I can't agree any more, get in now of get burned like a lot of people did when it hit ~260. Too many people are trying to make a quick buck on the daily fluctuations, but i believe if you really want to make some money and just hold it, and its a lot easier than becoming a day trader  Grin
And even the professionals get burnt whilst day trading!

powdabam

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:11:27 PM

Man, I was trying to get in at $55 a BTC and couldn't figure out how to buy them.  It's so frustrating that this isn't as liquid as it needs to be.  There is a lot of opportunity for coders to get this kind of stuff on the market for us traders !
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:14:17 AM

Yep I can't agree any more, get in now of get burned like a lot of people did when it hit ~260. Too many people are trying to make a quick buck on the daily fluctuations, but i believe if you really want to make some money and just hold it, and its a lot easier than becoming a day trader  Grin

ha this is so true, when it was hovering around seventy there for a while i made like 4 coins selling high and buying low, well i got burnt bad when it was supposed to go back down and buy and i had to take the losses. i was still about a coin up but ya i decided to just hold till it hits 500+.
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:27:27 AM

I can agree that right now it's still time to get some, but don't put more money into it than you can afford to lose.
And if it should crash, just hold on to them, don't panic sell!
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:34:40 AM

Currently about 4,000 new MtGox clients are being verified a day. As this continues more and more people will be able to purchase BTC. Think of it this way; The 4,000 confirmed yesterday probably had their Dwolla (US) funds clear the Gox today. The 4,000 confirmed today will have funds tomorrow and the cycle will continue as long as people are still signing up and have interest in BTC. I heard the back log is still somewhere around 20,000
Dawesom

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:38:46 AM

Man, I was trying to get in at $55 a BTC and couldn't figure out how to buy them.  It's so frustrating that this isn't as liquid as it needs to be.  There is a lot of opportunity for coders to get this kind of stuff on the market for us traders !

For anyone new to Bitcoin it definitely seems frustrating trying to figure out the wallets and the exchanges to buy the coins!  Thankfully as a Canadian, I was using Libertybit.com who lets you fund your account via email money transfers to make it easy.
austinwillis81

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:43:49 AM

Yeah i had that problem too when I finally decided to actually buy some BTC and LTC to hold instead of just mining. And my GOD it's like trying to meet the president without body guards, first you have to get money into a 3rd party, then transfer it to Mt.Gox. And if you want LTC well have fun spending another hour getting those!
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:56:17 AM

Yeah i had that problem too when I finally decided to actually buy some BTC and LTC to hold instead of just mining. And my GOD it's like trying to meet the president without body guards, first you have to get money into a 3rd party, then transfer it to Mt.Gox. And if you want LTC well have fun spending another hour getting those!
Yes it's not easy to this right now.
I think there will be easier ways to get them later on, but that would also mean that Bitcoins are a big sucess (aka too late to get them cheap).
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:58:00 AM

for those of you who are just learning about bit coin I would say get in soon. yes there will be ups and downs but hold to at least the last ATH and thenif you sell you will be sitting pretty, but be prepared to kick yourself when the price goes to 500 and then to 1,000. just saying.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
It's greedy, dollar-minded thinking like this that messes up Bitcoin Sad

I hope all hedge funds, dollar investors, daytraders, stock brokers, and other scum from the old monetary system lose a SHITLOAD of money. So the only people remaining in Bitcoin are there because they understand and appreciate the ideology behind Bitcoin.

Here's the thing: you shouldn't see Bitcoin as a way to make dollars. You should see Bitcoin as a way to DESTROY the dollar.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
toxtom

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:06:59 AM

When to buy is important, but also when to sell.   It was smart to buy at 200 if you were going to sell at 230.  Right now the chart shows and uptrend but don't be stubborn and hold on too long if it spikes into another bubble.  People say it's impossible to time the highs and lows but sometimes it's easy...most of the time it's not but sometimes it is.
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 01:09:42 AM

I hope all hedge funds, dollar investors, daytraders, stock brokers, and other scum from the old monetary system lose a SHITLOAD of money. So the only people remaining in Bitcoin are there because they understand and appreciate the ideology behind Bitcoin.

Here's the thing: you shouldn't see Bitcoin as a way to make dollars. You should see Bitcoin as a way to DESTROY the dollar.

I think attitudes like this suck.
Instead of wishing them all to lose a shitload of money so that only the people left are the people who "appreciate the ideology" are left why not take the time to promote, educate, and convert said people so they too can have a better understanding and appreciation for what Bitcoin really is.
Right now with all of the media hype, the volatility, etc. etc. that is all any newcomer is going to see (Hey I can go make a bunch of fiat currency by buying a bunch of this bitcoin and selling it when it skyrockets) To change that mentality and grow bitcoin one must educate those people not wish them financial ruin. This community will never grow if that was everyones mentality.

Don't be such an elitist.  
scotjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:25:18 AM

I don't think that it's obvious that now is the time to buy

There's a big wave of publicity and interest

However, at the same time, there are a ton of people waiting in line to get *massive* mining rigs using ASICs

This will mean a ton of new coins will be generated, and presumably a proportion of those will be sold, putting pressure on prices

So it's really very unclear. What is clear though, is that it's likely to be very volatile.

Personally, I'm happy to be invested, but not more than I'm willing to lose.
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:27:20 AM

ha if bitcoin was still at .02 cents then congratulations it would go absolutely fucking NOWARE!!! its the price you pay (no pun intended) to have btc be a success. yes it would be nice to have some stability but at the same time if its stable nobody gives a fuck. it is what it is now. everyone wanted this thing to take off so bad and now that it has you get people like aweeee you cant make money off btc you should only buy things with it. I do believe in btc thats why i bought some. i buy things with them and promote them. the whole concept of a finite amount means that they will become more valuable, yet you hate when the value goes up. if people want to buy some at first to make money then good at least they are getting in the loop of how to use them. good god people like you should just sell all your coins and go live in the woods and off the grid and shoot deer for food and never ever talk to anyone cuz they will actually maybe disagree with you sometimes.
im_riley

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:28:53 AM

So it's really very unclear. What is clear though, is that it's likely to be very volatile.

Personally, I'm happy to be invested, but not more than I'm willing to lose.

agreed. I wish I had a ton of extra cash to invest, but, you've got to work with what you've got I suppose.
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:35:09 AM

I can agree that right now it's still time to get some, but don't put more money into it than you can afford to lose.
And if it should crash, just hold on to them, don't panic sell!

+1 yes! invest what you are willing to loose but be prepared for some gains as well. also don't be so itchy with the trigger finger, just buy and in a year go back and collect or if it drops well at lest it was worth a shot. life is about taking chances, there are investments that are 100% guaranteed to be safe and to get a return. like a cd -two years and you get like 50 bucks for 2000. now with bit, 2000 in two years could be worh two hundred or be worth 20,000 (or more) I personaly would rather take the chance at getting more money but thats just me. also i spend coins every now and then to keep it alive and always ask vender's if they accept BTC. you should too.
bitcl1234oinfever

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:39:56 AM

with gox getting X amount of new accounts daily, with the other exchanges adding new members daily, new exchanges popping up daily, Bitcoin has a really good chance at a very long uptrend. I definately can see it at 300-350 by years end.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: