Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:54:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain, segwit, HF and extension blocks  (Read 712 times)
anonymoustroll420 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:40:49 PM

So  let me get this straight:

Bitmain support segwit with a 2MB hardfork.

Bitmain support extension blocks.

Bitmain does not support segwit with extension blocks, only a hard fork block increase.

Can anyone explain to me why?

Is it possible that, maybe they oppose option 3 because it breaks secret boosting?

Please don't stop us from using ASICBoost which we're not using
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:47:35 PM

segwit done as a SF means 2 merkles

segwit done as a HF means 1 merkles

by segwit going soft segwit is not compatible with efficient hardware. which is a flaw caused by 6month old software called segwit.. not 2year old asic hardware.
no one can pretend that asic manufacturers read segwit code in october 2016 and then went back in time to 2015 to make a chip to then attack software that wont be active until 2017.. (that's a ridiculous notion)

in short segwit screwed up thinking they could slide in a change by using a 'anyonecanspend' soft exploit in code and by making 2 merkles to not need nodes to upgrade. thus making core reign supreme by being the only codebase that can validate fully as upstream filters of a network.
(their real goal of being top of a tier network instead of just one amongst many of an equal one level peer network)

but now realise segwit wont work if efficient hardware is used, and core wont back down and just do a full node consensus update where only one merkle is needed
because that then removes their real power play agenda of their tier network. and means because needing to do a node consensus also means they 'could' also add dynamics at same time.. they definitely want to refuse to do a node consensus version

so instead they call old 2year old hardware the problem rather than their own un-activated 6month old software the problem

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:06:53 PM

So  let me get this straight:

Bitmain support segwit with a 2MB hardfork.

Bitmain support extension blocks.

Bitmain does not support segwit with extension blocks, only a hard fork block increase.

Can anyone explain to me why?

Is it possible that, maybe they oppose option 3 because it breaks secret boosting?

segwit with extension blocks sounds too complicated/kludgey
especially when you only need one of them to avoid HF.

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:09:28 PM

These same guys RUSH to post first in every thread all day long pushing the same agenda no matter how hard they have to spin it, and then expect anyone to believe they are not paid shills.  Roll Eyes

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:10:46 PM

These same guys RUSH to post first in every thread all day long pushing the same agenda no matter how hard they have to spin it, and then expect anyone to believe they are not paid shills.  Roll Eyes

You are clearly the paid shill.    Seems paid shills' favorite tactic is to accuse opposition of being a paid shill.

If by same agenda, you mean scale bitcoin, yes I will keep posting about that.

anonymoustroll420 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:13:25 PM

segwit with extension blocks sounds too complicated/kludgey
especially when you only need one of them to avoid HF.

The segwit with the 2MB block increase, the one that is proposed right now, is an extension block. Extension blocks are a part of segwit... The concept of extension blocks came from segwit.... and segwit extension blocks are safer/easier than the "tothemoon" proposal.

by segwit going soft segwit is not compatible with efficient hardware.

1. Yes it is, it is compatible with the normal way of ASICBoosting, not the secret way. Antminer supports both and claim they have full rights in China to use it.

2. It's not more efficient. I have made so many posts explaining how this is a shortcut, not an efficiency gain...

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:13:54 PM

These same guys RUSH to post first in every thread all day long pushing the same agenda no matter how hard they have to spin it, and then expect anyone to believe they are not paid shills.  Roll Eyes

^ who shout out shill as the only respend are the same guys that have no actual content to add... bar calling people shills..

sounds like whistles in the wind to me.

maybe i made a good killing on bitcoins in 2012 have my own business and gives me time to travel and do as i please. and while stuck on a plane train or hotel i see whats going on this forum and sort out the misinformation of the centralists that want to nuke the diverse open decentralised peer network so they can have their corporate TIER network to control things and be able to position themselves to make funds from things like LN hubs to repay the $70m+ DEBT that is due by them soon

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:16:33 PM

The segwit with the 2MB block increase is an extension block. Extension blocks are a part of segwit... The concept of extension blocks came from segwit.... and segwit extension blocks are safer/easier than the "tothemoon" proposal.

separate proposal though... since miners do not accept segwit in current form, we should see if they will back the extension block proposal.

anonymoustroll420 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:18:04 PM

separate proposal though... since miners do not accept segwit in current form, we should see if they will back the extension block proposal.

Thats what I'm saying. Current form segwit contains a 1.7-2MB increase, right? that is an extension block.

Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:18:26 PM

We see you shills you can't hide anymore

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:21:08 PM

You are clearly the paid shill.    Seems paid shills' favorite tactic is to accuse opposition of being a paid shill.

You mean posting everything you possibly can to block it. Face it, BU is dead at this point. Bigger blocks was a bad idea as people have pointed out over and over and over. SW and LN is the future - and we now can obtain them now that Bitmain's agenda is exposed.

You don't need to keep doing this to yourself. It's got to be one of the crummiest gig's you've ever done. So just tell Roger you've had it and need to take a break. Walk away.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:29:15 PM

You mean posting everything you possibly can to block it. Face it, BU is dead at this point. Bigger blocks was a bad idea as people have pointed out over and over and over. SW and LN is the future - and we now can obtain them now that Bitmain's agenda is exposed.

You don't need to keep doing this to yourself. It's got to be one of the crummiest gig's you've ever done. So just tell Roger you've had it and need to take a break. Walk away.

You are the shill, and your agenda is Core's roadmap and nothing else...got it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: