Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:18:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CoinConsole :: Customizable Cryptocurrency Dashboards  (Read 1866 times)
CoinConsole (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 01:18:00 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2017, 04:09:36 AM by CoinConsole

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mwarnerdotme/CoinConsole/production/assets/img/appshot.png

I've been working hard on an application that takes coinmarketcap's data and puts it into a nicer interface that pulls in and refreshes data every 15 seconds, so you can watch prices go up and down all day if you want. You can also toggle coins on and off.

Like any great application, it's open source -- so check out the code on Github at https://github.com/mwarnerdotme/coinconsole if you want to review it yourself or fork it.

If you're interested, check it out at http://coinconsole.com. It's very new. There's a lot of functionality that will be added in the future, but for now it's functional enough in every web browser (IE10/11 only) to spread the word.

Happy Bitcoining Smiley

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mwarnerdotme/CoinConsole/production/assets/img/og.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:58:01 AM

I visited the URL and I have this message:

Code:
    Click on the filter icon to get started!
    Select which coins you want to display on your dashboard.

without displaying any icons so I can't click any. I however think It would be better If you keep the current coinmarketcap way on displaying the data because from looking at the screenshot, even though the design look good, the way of displaying the coins isn't really that good, people would like to see them in order with icons etc...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 06:20:41 AM

5 star to this kind of project, thanks for not being greedy to share your code on github. I am designer/web developer may be I can help you with the design. Looks like you dont have a logo yet?
PokerDiceMan

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 09:48:58 AM

iam visit youre share picture about coinmarketcap is very execiting
is good interface colour full and good see in my eyes, but need much space page in site

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 10:01:15 AM

Nice Initiative.It's always good to see open source projects.
You need to improve a lot of things though.The search should be autocomplete,reset function didn't work either.I'm testing it on chrome so maybe you haven't coded the service providers part yet.I'm more keen on optimizing your code.Let's see if I can fork it later today.
Also please include the instructions to run the website locally in your read.me file.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 12:07:54 PM

A minor issue, if you hover over the filter symbol and all of the coin names, the cursor changes as if you're hovering over text. Should be changing into a hand.
I'm using the latest Firefox browser.

jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 12:26:58 PM

Code:

without displaying any icons so I can't click any. I however think It would be better If you keep the current coinmarketcap way on displaying the data because from looking at the screenshot, even though the design look good, the way of displaying the coins isn't really that good, people would like to see them in order with icons etc...

The filter icon is at the left side of the page. It looks like this (see screenshot):

@OP, a simple UI would be better. Oh btw, good start creating a site like coinmarketcap. I like that users can view several coins' data at once in one page. Convenient to compare and decide that way. However, I'm thinking of how you can put the graph if a user is looking at several coins. Maybe when the user clicked the box of the coin info?
CoinConsole (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 06:29:05 PM

Code:

Thanks for the feedback! As jhenfelipe mentioned, there is a button to toggle the filter on and off which will allow you to add and remove coins to/from your display.

5 star to this kind of project, thanks for not being greedy to share your code on github. I am designer/web developer may be I can help you with the design. Looks like you dont have a logo yet?

There actually is a logo. If you view it in desktop mode you'll see it in the bottom left corner. It's also the last link in the OP. I made a new account to post this which is why I don't think they're converting into actual images. Feel free to submit pull request if you have some code to contribute, though!

Nice Initiative.It's always good to see open source projects.
You need to improve a lot of things though.The search should be autocomplete,reset function didn't work either.I'm testing it on chrome so maybe you haven't coded the service providers part yet.I'm more keen on optimizing your code.Let's see if I can fork it later today.
Also please include the instructions to run the website locally in your read.me file.

I will add some documentation as soon as I get a chance, but if you are familiar with node.js then you should be able to clone the repo, run 'node app.js' and visit http://localhost:3002 in your web browser.

It should also be working in every major browser, including Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera, and IE10/11. What version of Chrome are you running? The reset function is meant to clear the display and should be working just fine.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 08:37:30 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2017, 08:59:07 PM by eternalgloom

You didn't respond to me, I'm still having the issue that I mentioned. I'm just worried if it's something only I have.
Can't take a screenshot with the cursor included for some reason, but like I said, when I hover over *any* clickable button on your website it shows me something like this:
https://i.imgsafe.org/7f82cd6cc0.jpg (link to image, too big to show here)

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 08:51:08 PM

its not making things easier Smiley if i have to review the design, color orange isn't quite good for someone who stares much on charts and prices. that orange bar above is a distraction.
why don't you just by default let it display without users need to click. i normally bookmark sites on top so i can click it quicker and move to another to compare.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
CoinConsole (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 09:11:30 PM

You didn't respond to me, I'm still having the issue that I mentioned. I'm just worried if it's something only I have.
Can't take a screenshot with the cursor included for some reason, but like I said, when I hover over *any* clickable button on your website it shows me something like this:
https://i.imgsafe.org/7f82cd6cc0.jpg (link to image, too big to show here)

I don't have the same cursor, but it's not a pointer either. It should be a quick fix though, I'll take a look into it tonight.

its not making things easier Smiley if i have to review the design, color orange isn't quite good for someone who stares much on charts and prices. that orange bar above is a distraction.
why don't you just by default let it display without users need to click. i normally bookmark sites on top so i can click it quicker and move to another to compare.

I appreciate the feedback! I originally made it that way to help users could learn the interface on their first visit, but you'll be happy to know that if you add some coins to your dashboard and then bookmark the page it will bring you back to that same dashboard every time since the URL updates every time you add/remove a coin from the dashboard.

To illustrate, you can follow this link and see that it will show coin data for http://coinconsole.com/#display=btc,eth,xrp Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple.
CoinConsole (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 02:42:13 AM

I want to let everyone who has viewed or posted to know that I am taking all of your suggestions into consideration and I'm about to push out some new updates which will be live by Tuesday night. These updates will include a button cursor fix, more accurate data, global data (such as total market cap and bitcoin dominance), some color modifications, search by symbol, a more intuitive filter bar, a toggle between row and tile view, and some other features (more to be announced soon!).

Thanks again for all of your feedback, and I hope everyone continues to enjoy the CoinConsole  Smiley
CoinConsole (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 03:47:18 PM

Just merged some awesome changes to CoinConsole!

I added an in-app calculator, a sorting mechanism (including reverse sort), and quite a few style changes.

Check them out for yourself on Github at https://github.com/mwarnerdotme/CoinConsole/pull/37. Feel free to fork the repo and submit your own pull requests!

Visit http://coinconsole.com to start using it!

https://i.imgur.com/V4L0ow1.png
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: