Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:18:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a sin to pray to statues of Buddah, Mama Mary etc.  (Read 1989 times)
layoutph (OP)

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 02:44:23 AM

Ok enough for nerdy trading and blockchain talks, lets have a break.

Is it a sin to pray to statues of Buddah, Mary, Jesus. What the bible says about this?

What is your stand on this?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dawnasor

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟-=BitCAD=-🌟 New_Business_Era

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:16:59 PM

Is it a sin to pray to statues of Buddah, Mary, Jesus. What the bible says about this?

That will depends on your religion.One example of this is the Roman Catholic religion they are praying on the images and statues of saints that bible forbidden it.

▄▄▄
                             ▄█████▄
               ▄██         ▄█████████▄
              ██████▄    ███████▀███████
               ▀██████▄███████     ███████
                 ▐██████████         ███████▄
      ▄███▄        ▐██████             ███████▄
     ▐███████         █▀                 ▐██████▄
        ███████▄                           ▐███████
          ███████▄             ▄█▄            ███████
         ▄███████            ▄██████            ▐██████▄
       ▄██████▀            ███████████            ▀██████▄
     ▄██████▀            ██████▀   █████            ▐██████▄
   ███████▀           ▄██████▀       ▐███             ▐███████
 ███████            ▄████████        ▐████               ███████
 █████            ▄██████  ████▄    ▄█████               ███████
 █████          ██████▀      ▀███████████             ▄███████
 █████         ▐█████          ██████▀▀             ▄███████
 █████           ▐████▄        ████               ▄██████▀
 █████             ▐████▄    ▄█████              ▐██████
 █████▄              ▐████████████                ▐███████
 ████████▄              ▀▀█████▀           ▄         ███████
 ███████████▄                            ▄████▄        █████▀
 █████ ▐██████▄                        ▄████████▄        ▀▀
 █████   ▀███████                    █████████████▄
 █████     ▐██████                 ███████   ▐███████
 █████       ▐██████            ▄███████       ▐████
 ████████████████████████████████████▀
 ██████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Spoderman

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

Swinging from buildings in my spare time.

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:53:59 PM

Praying to non-existent deities is a complete waste of time and energy. Anyone who believes this nonsense is just uneducated. Ignorance and Religion has been used to enslave us for centuries. Weak minded people will always fall prey to this. The only solution is education.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:44:06 PM

Well first of all I must say that, it would be stupid to pray to statue of Buddha, because Buddha was a simple man who just got enlightened. And Buddha means Enlightened one, so after we understood that Buddha was not a god and that Buddhism is not a religion but a teaching, we can understand why i said it would be stupid to prey to Buddha statue. If you ask me i think its not sin, unless you commit sin by hurting some other human with what you do. But some people would disagree i think.
theNay

Activity: 220

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 04:31:50 PM

well, it depends on religion. some religion doesn't allow you to pray on statues
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 03:34:38 AM

I think praying to statues are old way of believers and the bible said if the old covenant are not corrupt we shouldn't have find a way for another. In addition, Jesus came to show a way and if I could remember so sadduce came to Jesus asking him is possible to leave one woman and take another woman as Moses said. Jesus said it because of your stone heart that's why Moses said it. In other for a Christian to see the kingdom of God, such person must practice the way Jesus came to show us.
Therefore, praying to or at a statues is for a small believer or someone who's lack of knowledge and the bible says people perish cause the lack knowledge.

High Plains Drifter

Activity: 289

"The fish rots from the head first"

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 01:41:38 PM

First of all Buddhism is a false religion.  I wouldn't be caught dead with a statue or picture of him anywhere near me (even if he did exist, which I doubt), for that reason alone.  
  Secondly, Catholics do not pray to statues, we pray to the person represented in the image of the statue, painting etc for their intercession.  Big difference.  Only a buffoon would pray to a statue which would be idolatry

Believe in the Shield!
Seccerius

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:12:14 PM

Praying to non-existent deities is a complete waste of time and energy. Anyone who believes this nonsense is just uneducated. Ignorance and Religion has been used to enslave us for centuries. Weak minded people will always fall prey to this. The only solution is education.

Yes, I consider it a waste of time. You can believe in different deities, but it's foolish to lose time for praying to them. Time is a very precious thing and it is better to use it to achieve goals.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:43:47 PM

The First Commandment of the Ten Commandments in the Bible is, "Thou shalt have no other gods as you live before me."

If you truly pray to these others, when you could be praying to God, you are breaking the First Commandment. All wrongdoing is sin.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
High Plains Drifter

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:30:32 PM

Seccerius,

Spoken like the pagan you are.  Pray to the only one, true God.  All else is from the evil one

Believe in the Shield!
Seccerius

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 03:31:28 PM

Seccerius,

Spoken like the pagan you are.  Pray to the only one, true God.  All else is from the evil one

God has helpers. For example, there are also guardian angels and they can also ask for help, but not with prayers, but rather with their words to save time and clarity of the request.
High Plains Drifter

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:57:13 PM

Yes, we all have a guardian angel and angels are our protectors, intercessors etc so I agree with you there.  Certainly not on the level of God since God is eternal and uncreated and the angels were created by God, but like Him in that they are pure spirit and in His image and likeness

Believe in the Shield!
kodoll

Activity: 273

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:01:37 PM

Seccerius,

God has helpers. For example, there are also guardian angels and they can also ask for help, but not with prayers, but rather with their words to save time and clarity of the request.
We must accept that God is one, and all the others whom they worship are assistants. But this is not worship. The worship was with the Gentiles, I here pray to them. The difference should be sought for yourself. But even God does not require worship. God directs man to the right path.
bitbunnni

Activity: 127

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:19:16 AM

I do not consider it a sin, I consider it a waste of time. It is better to pray for yourself and believe in yourself, because in each of us there is a part of the creator.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:15:07 PM

Seccerius,

We must accept that God is one, and all the others whom they worship are assistants. But this is not worship. The worship was with the Gentiles, I here pray to them. The difference should be sought for yourself. But even God does not require worship. God directs man to the right path.
God doesn't deal with human things, and he should not. God does not direct men to right path, because God gave Human kind a gift of Free will. And that means we are responsible for every our choice in life. There is a lot of evil in this world, and God doesn't do anything on that matter, and its right, because that is mortal thing. God is responsible for after life and creation of all living things. Don't mix God work with mortal things and deeds...
Seccerius

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:49:14 PM

It's a sin to kill people, destroy nature and mock animals. And you can pray to anyone, just do not impose it on someone else.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:52:24 PM

Depends on what religious denomination you are. But almost all religion has only One God to pray.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
DrPepperJC

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:29:47 AM

The Bible is written by people and many of the right things in it are considered sinful. You can pray even Satan, but the main thing is to remain human and not harm others.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:31:20 PM

From ancient times, people were stupid, they were seeing angels and other worldly creatures coming and going or heard about them from prophets throughout the millenniums and because of ignorant and practically nothing else much useful to do back then they thought them as gods.
In India there are millions of gods actually lol, imagine almost a billion idiots worshiping millions of gods as if the creation is decentralized and the power is distributed among those so called gods, we all can see what an open source and publicly available network could be like.

BU gods Vs SW gods, assuming those gods have their own powers right? if they have no power for creating then they're not gods and if they have the power then they must've got it from some place, wouldn't BU destroy blockstream in a heart beat if they had access to hash power? and vice versa.

And now you think God needed help from angels?
And now you think God could be so low to come as a man? or you think we all are His creation just like Jesus was, couldn't God create Jesus just by saying the words: "become" as He did create the entire plain of existence by saying "be" "become"?

Don't you see the similarities? where we program apps, games and characters in details and then let the GPU to do the rendering and with a few clicks and key strokes we create our own(virtual)worlds, can't you see how an intelligent being such as us humans behave?

🖤😏
rajasumi3

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:46:22 PM

no it is not .i think it is the best way so that you can ask someone to protect you from all the evil.well i am honest with you that terrorism has no religion and no religion tells us to spread terrorism and kill innocent people.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: